Windows 10: PC not re starting in hibernate mode

Discus and support PC not re starting in hibernate mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I Hibernate my windows 10 pro PC, it ‘ shuts down ‘ hibernates as expected, but when it re satrts when wiken feom the keyboard, it does not return... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by red dwarf 4ever, Oct 19, 2020.

1. PC not re starting in hibernate mode

When I Hibernate my windows 10 pro PC, it ‘ shuts down ‘ hibernates as expected, but when it re satrts when wiken feom the keyboard, it does not return as Hibernate, but as thiugh it was simoly restarted. I camt fund the hybernate sys file in my boot HDD, so assume its not being created.

fast startup is already disabled, have run troubleshooter with no result. Would like tomget this fixed. I tried a repair upgrade to try and repair it, but that failed after 100%....

any help please ?

thanks

:)

red dwarf 4ever, Oct 19, 2020

2. "Shutting Down" to "Hibernate"

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the device drivers status in Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Check if any of the drivers have warning message(Yellow triangle with exclamatory mark).

Step 2: Start the computer in Safe mode, try to shutdown and check if the sleep mode/ hibernate is working fine.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 19, 2020
  3. sleep / hibernate mode

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    Meanwhile, you may run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Choose and run the Power troubleshooter.
    You may also configure your Power Options settings by following the steps provided in this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 19, 2020
  4. PC not re starting in hibernate mode

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

PC not re starting in hibernate mode

1. PC not re starting in hibernate mode - Similar Threads - starting hibernate mode

2. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Hibernate Mode: Is it fine to disable hiberfil.sys when i don't use hibernate mode? But hibernate mode is not on power settting with shut down and restart. What happen after i disable hibernate mode? Is the startup become slow if i turn on my pc?...
  3. Re-starting in Safe Mode - no keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-starting in Safe Mode - no keyboard: Re-starting in safe mode no keyboard detected.........at BIOS screen. Legacy USB enabled. Can not use safe mode option. Windows 10 Home V.1909 has really caused a great deal of problems......does anyone have a fix......my drivers are up to date according to Driver Easy...
  4. no hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    no hibernate mode: Hello, For some weeks now, my PC (version 1809) will not sleep on it's own and if I set it to sleep, I find it awake later. If I leave for work or go to bed I have been shutting down just to ease my mind about what is happening. Why won't my PC sleep any more? Thanks! 149424
  5. Sleep and hibernate modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep and hibernate modes: When I put my computer into either sleep mode or hibernate, the apps are closed down after a certain amount of time, making these modes useless. Is there a fix for this?...
  6. Issues while putting PC to hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues while putting PC to hibernate mode: To make things clear at the beginning: The system hibernates fine if manually invoked. I am using the advanced power options to set the system on Stand-by after 30 Minutes and to hibernate after 45 Minutes. This used to work fine until update 1803/1809. After that its...
  7. hibernate mode failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hibernate mode failure: hi, I have a problem using the hibernate mode in windows 10. When I hibernate my laptop, it reboots. I used to hibernate my laptop successfully but now that seems to fail. I have tried every possible way to fix it as suggested from various sites but non seems to work....
  8. BSOD After Putting PC in Hibernation Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Putting PC in Hibernation Mode: I've recently faced a BSOD mentioning the following “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” after shutting the machine in hibernation mode and IDK whether this is normal if I left so many apps not closed or this is might indicate a driver malfunction or error. ,Unfortunately I...
  9. BSOD After Puttng PC in Hibernation Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Puttng PC in Hibernation Mode: I've recently faced a BSOD mentioning the following “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL” after shutting the machine in hibernation mode and IDK whether this is normal if I left so many apps not closed or this is might indicate a driver malfunction or error. ,Unfortunately I...
  10. Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate mode: Hi all , how can I control the PC go to hibernate mode in 3 hours rather than sleep mode ? Thx 47288