Windows 10: PC not recognising my changed MS account password

Discus and support PC not recognising my changed MS account password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to turn off 'Windows HELLO pin' due to a problem with my keyboard outputting random keystrokes. So I managed to get to the Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JolietJake, Jan 24, 2021.

1. PC not recognising my changed MS account password

Hi,

I'm trying to turn off 'Windows HELLO pin' due to a problem with my keyboard outputting random keystrokes.

So I managed to get to the Settings > Sign In Options > Windows HELLO pin. I click 'Remove' and a pop up window asks me to 'first, Verify your account password'. I'd forgotten it so reset it on a browser where it sent a code to another email address I have but the pop up in the 'Windows HELLO pin' sign-in options is not recognising the new password. So basically I don't remember my old account password and the PC isn't accepting my new, changed account password. How on earth do I get around this nonsense?

Thanks in advance

:)

JolietJake, Jan 24, 2021

2. Unable to change MS password and email on W10 pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand you concern and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Recovery Environment.

• Go to the “Lock Screen” and press and hold the shift key and click on the
      power icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • You will have to restart your computer, you will be prompted to click on “Restart Anyway”.
    • Then you select “Troubleshoot” and click on
      “Advance Option” and locate and select Command Prompt

Step 2: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• Once you open Command prompt type
    net user administrator /active:yes (To disable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).

• Then press ENTER.

Step 3: Switch Account

From the in built administrator account, create a new local account and follow the steps below:

• Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.
    In order to switch back, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.
    • Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.
    • Click Switch.

Note: If you have created a local account you can perform the step mentioned above from that account.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Change Password to MS Account associated with my Login ID

Thank you for the response. However, it did not necessarily answer my question.

My PC is on a domain but I don't use my Microsoft Account to sign-in to it. The MS account is associated with my domain login. After digging around a little, I see that under Accounts there is a section listing other accounts, in which the MS account is
    listed. There are two buttons next to it, Manage and Remove.

clicking the Manage it takes me to the online MS account where I can change the password using the method provided in the link you sent earlier. I founmd this after I changed the password online using the browser. I did not try to change the password using
    the Accounts/Other Accounts in Windows10. Does this method sync the password automatically?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan_w3explorer, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Cazzerdw Win User

PC not recognising my changed MS account password

Reset win10 pc but password not recognised

Performed the reset keeping files option, due to constant crashing. It appeared to go smoothly and now have the login screen requesting a password.

Before the reset I was using a pin code which I think was associated with windows live login but neither this or the windows live password are recognised. The password for windows live is ok on other devices, such as the tablet I am using now, and I can
    see that the pc is a listed device.

I changed the wl password but it's still not recognised on the reset pc.

No other passwords that I am likely to have used are recognised either.

There is only the one account on the pc.

I don't know what to do now. Can anyone advise please?

Cazzerdw, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

PC not recognising my changed MS account password

1. PC not recognising my changed MS account password - Similar Threads - recognising changed account

2. Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account: Trying to open Excel. I am logged into my MS account @outlook.com and get a message saying 'we could not find a work or school account with that email address' It is my own personal MS365 and not a school or company MS account. Word is working perfectly by the way. So is...
  3. Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel will not open. MS Excel not recognising my account: Trying to open Excel. I am logged into my MS account @outlook.com and get a message saying 'we could not find a work or school account with that email address' It is my own personal MS365 and not a school or company MS account. Word is working perfectly by the way. So is...
  4. NEW PC not recognising MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW PC not recognising MS account: New laptop.Doing initial set up.At the MS account page.Not recognising me even though I have logged into MS account separately and confirmed pwd etc****? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-not-recognising-ms-account/c6dc50d5-ab90-489c-a082-4005cac41b50
  5. NEW PC not recognising MS account

NEW PC not recognising MS account: New laptop.Doing initial set up.At the MS account page.Not recognising me even though I have logged into MS account separately and confirmed pwd etc****? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pc-not-recognising-ms-account/c6dc50d5-ab90-489c-a082-4005cac41b50
  6. Can't change MS account password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change MS account password.: I want to change my password associated with my Microsoft account. I know the current password is correct as I can sign in using a browser. Problem is that when I use the same password in the 'change password' dialogue, it returns the message 'The password is incorrect....
  7. Can't change MS account password.

Can't change MS account password.: I want to change my password associated with my Microsoft account. I know the current password is correct as I can sign in using a browser. Problem is that when I use the same password in the 'change password' dialogue, it returns the message 'The password is incorrect....
  8. Can't change MS account password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. New subscription not recognised by MS Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New subscription not recognised by MS Account: I recently purchased a new MS HUP Office Professional Subscription rather than renewing my previous subscription. My MS account does not recognise this new subscription even though my office apps do. How do I sync up?...
  10. MS Password Change.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Password Change.: Anyone know how long a passwrod change on live.com takes to propagate to your windows 10 login? I just changed mine because a security concern and can still RDP and login using the old PW.. Just wondering.. 33694