Windows 10: PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder

Discus and support PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have connected an external camcorder and plugged into a usb port on my Windows 10 PC via firewire/usb cable. My first attempt at capturing precious old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnHicks50, Mar 8, 2020.

1. PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder

Have connected an external camcorder and plugged into a usb port on my Windows 10 PC via firewire/usb cable. My first attempt at capturing precious old family videos currently recorded on minidv. No camera showing in device manager, and nothing showing under 'imaging devices' other than my printer. Please help. Thanks!

:)

JohnHicks50, Mar 8, 2020
  2. DrCMJ Win User

Canon Camcorder video files not recognised on Windows 10 PC

Thanks for the reply Jefferson. To clarify further, when I first hooked up the Camcorder to the PC via USB it automatically transfered from the camcorder to the PC. But then after recording other stuff within a matter
    of about 10 minutes it is now not recognising any files to transfer while still recognising the camcorder and folders on the camcorder. So it is an issue which has developed rather than an issue that has always occured. Meaning I have software which recognised
    it all originally but now doesn't. Within the timespan of about 10 minutes without any changes to the computer being made prior to the issue. I have not tried the other steps re: checking through another computer or making a different user profile. I will
    give this a go.

DrCMJ, Mar 8, 2020
  3. DrCMJ Win User

The Canon Camcorder and folders are clearly recognised on the Windows 10 PC via USB but the movie files contained in the folders are not recognised. Camcorder folders on the SD card are empty when searched through via the Windows 10 software on the PC even
    though the video files are on the camcorder SD card. How do I get the Windows 10 software to recognise the video files of the camcorder.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

DrCMJ, Mar 8, 2020
  4. DrCMJ Win User

PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder

Thanks for the reply BulldogXX. To clarify further, they are MP4 files (not sure if that's what you mean) on the Canon VIXIA HFR600 camcorder. All of the video playback software I have on the laptop Windows 10 PC can run MP4 formatted videos. The strange
    thing is it automatically transfered from the camcorder to the PC when I first hooked it up to the PC via USB port but then after recording other stuff it is now not recognising any files to transfer while still recognising the camcorder and folders on the
    camcorder. So it is an issue which has developed rather than an issue that has always occured. Meaning I have software which recognised it all originally but now doesn't. Within the timespan of about 10 minutes.

DrCMJ, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder

1. PC not recognising my old minidv camcorder - Similar Threads - recognising old minidv

2. Camcorder files not showing on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camcorder files not showing on PC: I am trying to access video and picture files from my 2003 Sony Handycam DCR-DVD300 on my Windows 10 computer, without finalizing the DVD. The camera requires a USB Type-B Mini connection from the camera to the computer. I attempted plugging in the USB cable into every...
  3. Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...: Windows 10 laptop/64 bit does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0 cable. Error message - USB device malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize itAny suggestions? Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...: Windows 10 laptop/64 bit does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0 cable. Error message - USB device malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize itAny suggestions? Thanks....
  5. Windows 10 laptop does not recognize Canon MiniDv camcorder ZR500 thru firewire to USB2.0...

6. How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?

How to connect my Sony MiniDv camcorder to PC with Windows 10?: When I connect my Sony DCR-HC14E camcorder to my Windows 10 PC using either firewire-USB connector the camera is not recognized. I have also tried to connect to the camera via Sony's "Play Memories" software and I can't get the camera recognized. How can I get the video on...
  7. miniDV video transfer to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    miniDV video transfer to PC: I have a lot of old miniDV tapes I want to store as digital files on my PC. How should I best connect my equally old Sony Handycam Model DCR-HC42 to my Surface Pro 6? I shall be using 4-pin to 6-pin iEEE 1394 cable in the iLink output jack on the camcorder. How do I get the...
  8. Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder

Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder: I plug in my Sony CX240E but nothing happens. Windows 10 works fine with a memory stick or my mobile phone. Don't have any problems with another PC with windows 7. 133177
  9. Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn’t recognise my camcorder: I plug in my Sony CX240E but nothing happens. Windows 10 works fine with a memory stick or my mobile phone. Don't have any problems with another PC with windows 7. 133177
  10. Were is my camcorder

in Windows 10 Support
    Were is my camcorder: Never had this problem under windows 7. I plug in my camcorder to the computer and I get a nice jingle to say it is plugged in. THAT IS IT. No folder in This computer. Where are my files now. 132938

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i get my pc to recognise my old camcorder