Windows 10: PC Not Recognizing GPU / Can't Update

Discus and support PC Not Recognizing GPU / Can't Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently formatted my PC and now Windows is not recognizing my GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti. The only devices that show up in Device Manager are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex702, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Alex702 Win User

PC Not Recognizing GPU / Can't Update

I recently formatted my PC and now Windows is not recognizing my GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti. The only devices that show up in Device Manager are "Intel HD Graphics" and "Video Controller VGA Compatible." In dxdiag, the display device is listed as "Microsoft Basic Display Driver." I am unable to update the drivers for my GPU - the installer says that the drivers aren't compatible with my version of Windows.

When I try to update Windows, I am given the error code 0x80240fff.

:)

Alex702, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Alex702 Win User

I recently formatted my PC and now Windows is not recognizing my GPU (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti). The only devices that show up in Device Manager are "Intel HD Graphics" and "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)." In dxdiag, the display device is listed as
    "Microsoft Basic Display Driver." I am unable to update the drivers for my GPU - the installer says that the drivers aren't compatible with my version of Windows.

When I try to update Windows, I am given the error code 0x80240fff.

Alex702, May 25, 2020
  3. Lumia 950 dual-sim on T-Mobile - How I got the firmware update and Windows 10 Update

• The Microsoft Store rep said it was not possible to get the firmware update for a Lumia 950 on T-Mobile. I did not accept it.

Here's what worked for me. I downloaded and installed the Windows Device Recovery Tool. Then I followed these steps:
      • I backed up the phone because this process does a factory reset
      • Turned off BitLocker on the phone.
      • Turned off the Reset Protection on the phone.
      • Ran Windows Device Recovery Tool on the PC.
      • Plugged the phone into the PC.
      • The Windows Device Recovery Tool recognized the phone and updated the software.
      • Several times I got a “failure” message on the PC screen. I repeated these steps until it went away:
        • Leaving the phone plugged in, I would reset the phone by holding down the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
        • Then the Windows Device Recovery Tool would not recognize the phone. I continued and manually choose my Lumia.
        • I clicked through the battery warning.
        • If the "failure" appeared, I would repeat.
      • Eventually, I got a success message.
      • I set up the phone again. The Anniversary Update was now available for download.

I hope this helps.

BruceDimon, May 25, 2020
  4. AlanPS Win User

GPU not detected by Windows after 1903 update

Hey there,

I got a message saying that 1803 won't be supported anymore so I updated against my own will because Windows wouldn't even let me postpone it.

After that, my GPU disappeared from Device Manager under "Display Devices". NVIDIA drivers won't detect it saying there's no GeForce hardware.

Laptop MSI GE72VR 7RF Apache Pro with GTX 1060 6GB.

Symptoms

+ GeForce Experience says "NVIDIA GeForce Experience requires an NVIDIA GPU".

+ Installing drivers manually didn't work either "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware".

+ GPU not listed under "Display Devices" on Device Manager.

What I've tried already

+ Rollback to previous Windows 10 version: my GPU is listed under "Display Devices" but only if I enable the "show hidden" feature. If I go to properties, it says that my GPU is not connected. I tried updating drivers from there but didn't work at all.

+ Disabling "Intel HD Graphics" device on Device Manager and connecting via HDMI to a TV, didn't recognize the GPU and didn't give any video image.

+ Restoring UEFI firmware settings to default from BIOS (there's no GPU option on BIOS).

+ Tried to restore Windows (there's a restore option in Control Panel) which would re-install it from zero without losing my data, but for some reason in the last steps it says is not possible and stops the process.

+ Neither old or new NVIDIA drivers, MSI drivers or even GeForce Experience would recognize my GPU so I can't install them.

-

Any ideas?

Thanks PC Not Recognizing GPU / Can't Update :)

AlanPS, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. PC Not Recognizing GPU / Can't Update - Similar Threads - Recognizing GPU Can't

2. GPU not recognized by laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not recognized by laptop: So I have a new laptop bought this may, a Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 and it works really well. Well it did anyway, up until yesterday. I found out I had a trojan virus and the device started to move pretty badly. I tried to erase it but it didnt work, so I reinstalled the...
  3. GPU not recognized by laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU not recognized by laptop: So I have a new laptop bought this may, a Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05 and it works really well. Well it did anyway, up until yesterday. I found out I had a trojan virus and the device started to move pretty badly. I tried to erase it but it didnt work, so I reinstalled the...
  4. GPU not recognized by laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Pc won't recognize gpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc won't recognize gpu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jonnnel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljvk6n/pc_wont_recognize_gpu/
  6. windows can't recognize my amd gpu

windows can't recognize my amd gpu: 3 days ago just before i sleep i got a blue screen so i just let the pc shut down and i go to sleep secound day i open my laptop and go ahead for valorant when i start the game it was so slow with low fps so what i do that i have gone to task manger to see what is happing...
  7. Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows update doesn't recognize second Nvidia GPU: Hello, my laptop is an Acer brand, 6gb ram/i5-2467M @ 1.60GHz, , an intel GPU and an Nvidia GT 640M. I never had any problems with update until some months ago with the latest Win10 Update, everytime I did it it seems like it didnt recognize the Nvidia GPU. I have tried...
  8. dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 and iGPU as GPU 1

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 and iGPU as GPU 1: I have a laptop with a dGPU. Will there be problems if the dGPU is recognized as GPU 0 (and iGPU as GPU 1) in Task Manager on a fresh install? 132032
  9. NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE

NVIDIA GPU NOT BEING RECOGNIZED AFTER UPDATE: First of all, back in 11th month of 2017, after updating NVDIA drivers through Geforce Experience and receiving an update from Windows Update, I was stuck at the blue screen of death (the error was nvlddmkm.sys, after a quick googling I found out that it was dual my NVIDIA...
  10. Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dedicated GPU not recognized by Windows: A couple of days ago, I got a SMART hard disk error while my laptop booted. Yesterday, a repair man came down to my house to replace my HDD and installed Windows 10 Home using his own recovery media. Today I booted up my laptop and downloaded most of the drivers without...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc not recognizing gpu hardware