Windows 10: PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

Discus and support PC not recognizing Headphone Mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all; recently my computer had a Windows 10 update, and now my PC won't recognize my headphone mic. Previously, I had no issues with it on this PC; I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wayfarer1, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Wayfarer1 Win User

PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

Hi all; recently my computer had a Windows 10 update, and now my PC won't recognize my headphone mic. Previously, I had no issues with it on this PC; I would plug it in the headphones jack and be able to set it up.

Now, however, I can either plug it in the headphones jack and the microphone won't be recognized, or plug it in the mic jack and the mic will be recognized but I can't hear anything.

I've looked online and have performed a lot of troubleshooting tips. I've installed the latest audio drives and still no luck. If anyone has any insight, I'd be very grateful.

:)

Wayfarer1, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

3. Computer Cant Find Me Headphones Mic!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. How is the headphone connected to the PC?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    3. Have you tried a different headphone mic on the PC?

This issue could occur due to some system files and drivers not working as expected.

Step 1: If you are facing trouble with your microphone, the following information can help you troubleshoot and resolve issues. ‘Fix
    microphone problems
    ’.

Step 2: Suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by ‘luapmai’
    from this thread
    to check if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 14, 2019
  4. PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

headphone mic not working.

Thank you for this reply I finally figured it out , the main problem is when we install the Conexant audio driver it overwrite the previous Realtek audio driver so the headphone mic not work. to fix this you must reinstall the Realtek audio driver download
    from realtek.com it will work with any laptop device and any mic like headphone with inbuilt (eg. Microsoft Lumia 650 headphone).

Please give other this soluction who have problem with headphone and mic and tell then to install Realtak audio driver.

Again thank you for all your replies, I finally figured out the solution.

Hemantgehlot, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

PC not recognizing Headphone Mic

1. PC not recognizing Headphone Mic - Similar Threads - recognizing Headphone Mic

2. pc dont recognize headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc dont recognize headphones: I have new headphones, some sentey gaming and my PC does not recognize them, they are new, I tried another PC and it worked well, I don't understand the problem...
  3. Headphones mic not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones mic not working: So i just got a new laptop dell g3 15 and my microphone does not work i checked device manager sound,video and games controller and my mic wasn't there...Headphones work good and everything ,the first day mic worked fine and then it disappeared,so now i only can use my...
  4. Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized

Headphone driver not present; headphones not being recognized: Hello, After resolving an issue a while back with my audio driver being broken (now fixed) I find that my computer's sound still has an odd behavior, where it comes to my headphones. When I plug the headphones in, sound still comes out of my PC. No prompt appears about the...
  5. Inline mic of headphones not working

Inline mic of headphones not working: Hello, I have I5 6402p processor and 8gb ddr4 2133mhz ram and motherboard Gigabyte GA H110m DS2 CF. My headphones work fine on the pc but the inline microphone does not work with the pc due to some reason. Earlier I had USB headphones with mic and they worked fine with the...
  6. Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.

Mic not detected with combo headphone mic jack on laptop.: There are LOTS of these threads that are locked with no answer. It's very frustrating that there ins't a way to toggle windows to use the combo speaker or headset mic combo jack as a mic only when it's not detected automatically and only a mic is plugged in! Windows...
  7. earphones being recognized as mic

earphones being recognized as mic: Hello, i am asking this question because my laptop's audio jack was fully functioning, after i connected a Bluetooth speaker on the computer, but when when when i switched back to using my earphones, the sound is very bad, there was no bass like there used to be, then i tried...
  8. Mic not working when headphones plugged in

Mic not working when headphones plugged in: When I don't have headphones in, my mic works just fine. But as soon as I plug in my headphones (into the ONLY headphone jack, mind you) the mic stops working and I can't get it to work anymore. I've tried updating drivers, manually downloading and installing drivers, etc....
  9. Headphone mic not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic not registering: I recently bought a gaming headset with a microphone. On the way back I used said headset with my phone and made a call, (Just verifying that it's not a hardware problem with the headset) When I attempted to use the headset with my laptop, nothing happened. The audio...
  10. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924