Windows 10: Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update

Discus and support Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure what sub this should go in so I'm going to post here. I had an update and restart for windows and now it isn't recognizing the mouse or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Theski232, Jul 9, 2019 at 9:37 PM.

1. Theski232 Win User

Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update

Not sure what sub this should go in so I'm going to post here. I had an update and restart for windows and now it isn't recognizing the mouse or keyboard. The USB ports have power and my mouse's decorative lights are on but my keyboard won't light up, and no input on either is being recognized. I have tried different USB ports and a different keyboard and mouse in different ports and still no response. I already updated to 1903 earlier, this update came out in the past 24 hrs. Everything was working fine before the update. I am not stuck at the black screen, I am stuck at the windows wallpaper before the login page. Any help would be great.

:)

2. devnull Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thema:

1. Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update - Similar Threads - recognizing keyboard mouse

2. Keyboard and mouse not working after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working after Windows update.: After the July 9, 2019 Windows patch update my keyboard and mouse are unresponsive. The USB ports still have power but no input is detected by the computer. The pc is stuck at the Windows welcome screen. I've tried different ports and a different keyboard and mouse and still...
  3. Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update

Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update: Not sure what sub this should go in so I'm going to post here. I had an update and restart for windows and now it isn't recognizing the mouse or keyboard. The USB ports have power and my mouse's decorative lights are on but my keyboard won't light up, and no input on either...
  4. Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout

Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout: Hello everyone. I was working on my pc the other day and suddenly a power shortage happened. After the power came back I turned on my pc only to find that neither the keyboard nor the mouse worked. I tried plugging them on different USB ports and it doesn't work either, in...
  5. mouse/keyboard not working after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mouse/keyboard not working after windows update: Hi I have Windows 10 Insider Preview ver 1809 build 18309, tried to install the latest build (18317) and all went ok except when the installation finished it didnt restart and I had to restart manually (update and restart from the start menu. after the reboot, the mouse...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse are not working after Windows 10 update

Keyboard and Mouse are not working after Windows 10 update: Shutdown my PC last night and updates were installed. I went to login today and both the keyboard and mouse will not work. I tried them on a separate device and they both worked fine. They will work in the BIOS and in Safe Mode, but i tried to run a system restore to roll...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update

Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after Windows Update: I have a HP Envy Laptop M6-AQ105DX that the keyboard and touchpad mouse have stopped working (touch screen still works though). However they work in BIOS setup (mousepad, keyboard and keyboard backlight) and mouse pad works in SAFE mode. When I do a clean reinstall...
  8. Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update

Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update: Both of these began exactly concurrent with the latest major update. I'm using a (genuine) Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical. The mouse cursor is unresponsive at bootup, but if I disconnect and reconnect it, it works fine. The mouse buttons still work initially (I can...
  9. Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update

Keyboard and mouse not responding in Windows 10 after update: Hello everyone, Last week I was doing an update for my laptop. The next day I put my laptop on and the keyboard and mouse weren't working. I am stuck on the lock screen (the screen before you can login). The time on the screen was moving so the screen isn't frozen. In...
  10. Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!: This morning, after booting up my Dell XPS desktop, I discovered that neither the keyboard nor the mouse was recognized by Windows: There was no response whatsoever from either my Logitech wireless keyboard or wireless mouse. I have verified that both the keyboard and the...