Windows 10: PC not recognizing my flash drive

Discus and support PC not recognizing my flash drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It shows that it is there and it says it is working but when I click on the symbol for my flash drive it says “please insert disk”. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/C0nfusedBoy, Jun 18, 2020.

1. PC not recognizing my flash drive

It shows that it is there and it says it is working but when I click on the symbol for my flash drive it says “please insert disk”.

submitted by /u/C0nfusedBoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/C0nfusedBoy, Jun 18, 2020
  2. PhilW Win User

OS doesn't recognize USB flash drives (KB4056892)

Just completed Win10 update KB4056892 on my Sony laptop, now running v.1709, build 16299.125. Almost everything is fine except the system no longer recognizes USB flash drives. When a flash drive (USB2 or 3) is inserted in a port the Device Manager recognizes it as "Other Devices", lists what it is (for example "TOSHIBA TransMemory USB Device") but says under Properties: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device." When I try to update the driver, the Update Drivers feature says "Windows could not find drivers for your device." Device Manager shows no problems under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.

I know the drivers for flash drives are somewhere in the system because I have used these ports and flash drives many times prior to KB4056892, but I don't know where they are or how to tell the OS where they are. Suggestions would be appreciated.

PhilW, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    new windows 10 does not recognize any of the 5 external port drives

Hi Linda,

Yes a lot of options have changed in Windows 10. My computer is now This PC. To access This PC click on start and click on File explorer on the left hand side click on This PC.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Is your flash drive recognized by Device Manager?

Follow the Steps below to check if Device Manager is recognizing Flash drive.

• Right click on Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Double click Universal Serial Bus Controller; look for flash drive.

If you flash drive is recognized by Device Manager then you can perform the next step.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the link below to know more about Start menu. Also refer the other links for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-see-whats-on-the-menu

Do let us know if you are able to access flash drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

PC not recognizing my flash drive

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

PC not recognizing my flash drive

1. PC not recognizing my flash drive - Similar Threads - recognizing flash drive

2. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  3. PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive: PC doesn't recognize usb flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-doesnt-recognize-usb-flash-drive/0a95f9d2-6968-4325-8c66-0e87374ede1e
  4. My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.: I have error code 38 and have tried all the solutions but none work.Could this be a recent Windows 11 update?Any suggestions appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-port-not-recognizing-my-flash-drives/07908383-905f-4e79-8bdb-66daf5040a0a
  5. My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB port not recognizing my flash drives.: I have error code 38 and have tried all the solutions but none work.Could this be a recent Windows 11 update?Any suggestions appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-port-not-recognizing-my-flash-drives/07908383-905f-4e79-8bdb-66daf5040a0a
  6. flash drive not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flash drive not recognized: Drive less month old...would put movie files on it then plug into my tv to stream...one time was transferring data to the drive got this error message in this picture....and other picture drive F.....
  7. My pc cant recognize my usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc cant recognize my usb flash drive: I’ve reinstall my usb and it still doesn’t work submitted by /u/ulalalalalaaa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jndsnx/my_pc_cant_recognize_my_usb_flash_drive/
  8. Flash Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive Not Recognized: After using my 128-GB Sandisk flash drive to put files back on my Mac, my Windows computer no longer recognizes it, but the Mac can still recognize it and all the data. Formatting it does not solve the problem. Windows does not recognize the drive at all, and I don't even see...
  9. Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized: I have a 16GB USB Flash Drive I was using for saving "File History" documents, favorites, etc.. It appeared to be working, but later I got a message about running out of space on the drive. I formatted the drive and that appeared to be successful, then tried to use it...
  10. i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive

i have a problem with pc recognizing flash drive: earlier, i had no problem connecting and opening files within flash drive. but a few minutes ago, somehow, i cannot open flash drive. this particular drive has portableapps program saved and i use that to run portable programs. im thinking maybe its the usb connection hub...