Windows 10: PC not saving after restart?

Discus and support PC not saving after restart? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know why but my pc just started having problems. Every time I restart the pc it does not get rid of my apps but it just makes redownload them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Evan Engel, Jan 13, 2021.

1. PC not saving after restart?

I don't know why but my pc just started having problems. Every time I restart the pc it does not get rid of my apps but it just makes redownload them and my web browser passwords are not saving?

Also my pc is a custom built gaming pc that has windows 10 on it and says i have to activate windows but i do not have the product key?

:)

Evan Engel, Jan 13, 2021

2. Pc stucks at restarting.

Hi Ram,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform the Startup Repair and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button and click on the Settings option.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend suggest you to enable the fast startup.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start icon and select Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted).
    • Check the Turn on Fast startup (Recommended) box.
    • Click on Save changes.
    • Restart the computer.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jan 13, 2021
  3. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Terrypin Win User

PC not saving after restart?

Inexplicable restarts

Thanks for your patient help and analysis, zbook. I'll step through some of your suggestions over the next few days - there's a lot to do and some look a bit hairy! That is, for a PC that is working sweetly right now...

Meanwhile, as requested in the BSOD thread (sorry, I misunderstood and posted there by mistake), I've attached both ZIP files.
    --------------------
    One step I did try right away was to answer your question about whether my BIOS is up-to-date. I had no success at the AMI site but did get some info from this commercial site:

PC not saving after restart? [​IMG]

It was one of the '9' (I counted 10) listed here:

PC not saving after restart? [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

PC not saving after restart?

1. PC not saving after restart? - Similar Threads - saving restart

2. Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart: I have a laptop with either 60 Hz or 360 Hz. I used CRU Custom Resolution Utility to add another supported resolution, with a refresh rate in the "middle" at 240 Hz. My reasons for this are that I can't get a high enough framerate to use 360 Hz, and there is considerably less...
  3. Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor Refresh Rate doesn't save after restart: I have a laptop with either 60 Hz or 360 Hz. I used CRU Custom Resolution Utility to add another supported resolution, with a refresh rate in the "middle" at 240 Hz. My reasons for this are that I can't get a high enough framerate to use 360 Hz, and there is considerably less...
  4. Why does my desktop enter power save mode during restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my desktop enter power save mode during restart?: Hello, I am running Windows 10 on a HP desktop computer. I am receiving this mesage whenever I restart my PC: "Now entering power save mode." Note: My PC is not a Laptop. Both settings in "Power Plan" are set to NEVER. What I'm experiencing only occurs when I restart my PC. I...
  5. Why does my desktop enter power save mode during restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my desktop enter power save mode during restart?: Hello, I sm running Windows 10 on a HP desktop computer. I am receiving this mesage whenever I restart my PC: "Now entering power save mode." Note: My PC is not a Laptop. Both settings in "Power Plan" are set to NEVER. What I'm experiencing only occurs when I restart my PC. I...
  6. Why does my desktop enter power save mode during restart?

Why does my desktop enter power save mode during restart?: Hello, I sm running Windows 10 on a HP desktop computer. I am receiving this mesage whenever I restart my PC: "Now entering power save mode." Note: My PC is not a Laptop. Both settings in "Power Plan" are set to NEVER. What I'm experiencing only occurs when I restart my PC. I...
  7. Progress wiped upon restart nothing saves after restart and progress is reverted back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Progress wiped upon restart nothing saves after restart and progress is reverted back to...: when I download like an file or an app then restart it it completely wipes the file or app from my folder and even the apps I delete are back in the same spot, then every restart has the same pop-up saying: Windows has recovered from an unexpected error: Blue screen, then...
  8. Progress wiped upon restart nothing saves after restart and progress is reverted back to...

Progress wiped upon restart nothing saves after restart and progress is reverted back to...: when I download like an file or an app then restart it it completely wipes the file or app from my folder and even the apps I delete are back in the same spot, then every restart has the same pop-up saying: Windows has recovered from an unexpected error: Blue screen, then...
  9. windows 11 will not save my start up apps after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 will not save my start up apps after restart: windows 11 will not save my start up apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-will-not-save-my-start-up-apps-after/af0f9a3d-c21a-4376-a855-b09eed1473b2
  10. windows 11 will not save my start up apps after restart

windows 11 will not save my start up apps after restart: windows 11 will not save my start up apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-will-not-save-my-start-up-apps-after/af0f9a3d-c21a-4376-a855-b09eed1473b2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps not saving the monitor after restarting