Windows 10: PC not starting up

Discus and support PC not starting up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sigh, I need your help again guys. Today I decided ito was time to re-cable and generally tidy up my PC. I have been planning this for a few months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by swarfega, Nov 9, 2014.

1. swarfega Win User

PC not starting up

Sigh, I need your help again guys.

Today I decided ito was time to re-cable and generally tidy up my PC. I have been planning this for a few months as its the first anniversary since getting my new PC.

So I did the re-cable which took me several hours. It also involved cleaning the thermal paste off my h100i.

After all this was complete I managed to successfully boot into Windows. So I put all the panels back on the case. The back panel was quite a tight fit.

It was then that the PC would not boot. I press the power button and the PC immediately turns itself off. I think something may be shorting but I have no clue as to what. I have tried reseating componets and can't think of what I need to do next.

I hope I haven't shorted something expensivery.

:)

swarfega, Nov 9, 2014

2. PC Not Starting Up Completely

Activating Windows 10 after reinstalling it depends on how Windows 10 was originally installed on your device.
    You may refer to this
    support article
    for more information about activation in Windows 10.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Nov 9, 2014
  3. PC Not Starting Up Completely

Used the installation media, now I don't have a product key and stuck on base with it basically useless cool PC not starting up :)

itsPriestBDO, Nov 9, 2014
  4. georgeks Win User

PC not starting up

Hi swarfega

If you try with the side panel removed, does it boot?
    You may have displaced a panel access switch.

If it still does not boot, try disconnecting the PSU (and the CMOS battery) for 10 minutes.

georgeks, Nov 9, 2014
  5. swarfega Win User
    Yea it doesn't boot with panels off, so I'll try your suggestion.

swarfega, Nov 9, 2014
  6. Winuser Win User
    Even though you said you tried reseating all components I would do it again. Take your time and make sure everything is seated correctly and all cables are connected correctly.

Winuser, Nov 9, 2014
  7. swarfega Win User
    I have now taken the machine to a repair place we're they have the proper equipment to test it.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PC not starting up

1. PC not starting up - Similar Threads - starting

2. Outlook Opening On Windows 10 Start-up Not Designated ANYWHERE To Allow This

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Opening On Windows 10 Start-up Not Designated ANYWHERE To Allow This: I've followed all Technical Support and MS Forum suggestions to alleviate this nuisance [subject] and NOTHING works! It's not listed ANYWHERE on my PC except perhaps the registry? to automatically open upon start-up. Where is the "user control" to prevent this from happening...
  3. Outlook Opening On Windows 10 Start-up Not Designated ANYWHERE To Allow This

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Opening On Windows 10 Start-up Not Designated ANYWHERE To Allow This: I've followed all Technical Support and MS Forum suggestions to alleviate this nuisance [subject] and NOTHING works! It's not listed ANYWHERE on my PC except perhaps the registry? to automatically open upon start-up. Where is the "user control" to prevent this from happening...
  4. How can we delete recommended items in start menu?

How can we delete recommended items in start menu?: bests for you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-delete-recommended-items-in-start-menu/80d12a1c-4f89-4403-aad6-2f914bd94835
  5. How can we delete recommended items in start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we delete recommended items in start menu?: bests for you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-delete-recommended-items-in-start-menu/80d12a1c-4f89-4403-aad6-2f914bd94835
  6. Whenever I start my windows laptop. And when I click on the windows button, it doesn't open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I start my windows laptop. And when I click on the windows button, it doesn't open...: Whenever I start my Windows laptop. And when I click on the windows button, it doesn't open the windows panel. Instead, it makes some weird noise. Why does it do that?...
  7. Whenever I start my windows laptop. And when I click on the windows button, it doesn't open...

Whenever I start my windows laptop. And when I click on the windows button, it doesn't open...: Whenever I start my Windows laptop. And when I click on the windows button, it doesn't open the windows panel. Instead, it makes some weird noise. Why does it do that?...
  8. Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start: I have a pc build of below specs been using it about a year:Ryzen 5 3400gMsi b550m pro vdh wifi I know that this mobo doesn't officially support the cpu but 1.5 years back I faced a problem with my old mobo b450m so the company replaced me with current one as they didn't had...
  9. Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start

Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start: I have a pc build of below specs been using it about a year:Ryzen 5 3400gMsi b550m pro vdh wifi I know that this mobo doesn't officially support the cpu but 1.5 years back I faced a problem with my old mobo b450m so the company replaced me with current one as they didn't had...
  10. Pc randomly restarts or shutsdown after few minutes of start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging