Windows 10: Pc not turning on normally

Discus and support Pc not turning on normally in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi My laptop have some problem , when i press the power button light comes up for few seconds then it wont turn on and sometime it does, and also the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Iprashankumar, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Pc not turning on normally

Hi

My laptop have some problem , when i press the power button light comes up for few seconds then it wont turn on and sometime it does, and also the light comes up when i open the lid also and noticed it sometime running when lid was closed,

when it does turn on it runs normally. restart works. but after shuting down does the same problem. Can anyone tell me where the problem is? Using windows 10

:)

Iprashankumar, Sep 12, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 12, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Sep 12, 2020
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Pc not turning on normally

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Pc not turning on normally

1. Pc not turning on normally - Similar Threads - turning normally

2. Dell Laptop windows 11 won't turn on normally, only works in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Laptop windows 11 won't turn on normally, only works in safe mode: Hi all,Suddenly my laptop won't turn on. It comes up with the Dell screen and then immediately turns off. After trying a couple of times, it comes up with 'Preparing automatic repair'. I tried a few troubleshooting things there, but nothing seems to work. I managed to get...
  3. Dell Laptop windows 11 won't turn on normally, only works in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop windows 11 won't turn on normally, only works in safe mode: Hi all,Suddenly my laptop won't turn on. It comes up with the Dell screen and then immediately turns off. After trying a couple of times, it comes up with 'Preparing automatic repair'. I tried a few troubleshooting things there, but nothing seems to work. I managed to get...
  4. My screen turns fully black after I log in to my account but on other accounts it’s normal...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen turns fully black after I log in to my account but on other accounts it’s normal...: I also see my cursor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-turns-fully-black-after-i-log-in-to-my/b18631aa-44e2-4b05-9d01-cf98bf458094
  5. My screen turns fully black after I log in to my account but on other accounts it’s normal...

My screen turns fully black after I log in to my account but on other accounts it’s normal...: I also see my cursor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-turns-fully-black-after-i-log-in-to-my/b18631aa-44e2-4b05-9d01-cf98bf458094
  6. My laptop switch to normal mode when i rotate it beyond 225 or so and it turns tablet mode...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop switch to normal mode when i rotate it beyond 225 or so and it turns tablet mode...: Whenever i am using normal mode meaning without rotating the screen then it enables me tablet mode which doesn't allow me to use keyboard and touchpad ,i cannot even change it , and whenever i turn my laptop beyond 225 degree or so , then it enables to use on normal mode...
  7. My laptop switch to normal mode when i rotate it beyond 225 or so and it turns tablet mode...

My laptop switch to normal mode when i rotate it beyond 225 or so and it turns tablet mode...: Whenever i am using normal mode meaning without rotating the screen then it enables me tablet mode which doesn't allow me to use keyboard and touchpad ,i cannot even change it , and whenever i turn my laptop beyond 225 degree or so , then it enables to use on normal mode...
  8. I just updated my wifi driver and it works normally, but when I turn on my pc the next day...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just updated my wifi driver and it works normally, but when I turn on my pc the next day...: When I restart my computer it immediately has a blue screen in Russian as in the photo, please help me solve this problem When I restart my computer it immediately has a blue screen in Russian as in the photo, please help me solve this problem....
  9. I just updated my wifi driver and it works normally, but when I turn on my pc the next day...

I just updated my wifi driver and it works normally, but when I turn on my pc the next day...: When I restart my computer it immediately has a blue screen in Russian as in the photo, please help me solve this problem When I restart my computer it immediately has a blue screen in Russian as in the photo, please help me solve this problem....
  10. I just updated my wifi driver and it works normally, but when I turn on my pc the next day...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging