Windows 10: PC not using all 16GB of Ram.

Discus and support PC not using all 16GB of Ram. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have 16GB of ram on my PC, but when only using a few GB of ram task manager shows I am using almost half of my RAM. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Waylenwasywas, Feb 2, 2020.

1. PC not using all 16GB of Ram.

/u/Waylenwasywas, Feb 2, 2020
  2. ronkolda Win User

Upgrading RAM to 12GB or 16GB?

Hi everyone:

I have this machine:

Intel DB75EN...........it has 8GB of DDR3 RAM..... it's an older i5-2400 at 3ghz.

I acidentally (nice) discovered there's still a chance to improve RAM...I can't buy or afford a newer PC.

Amazon has Crucial DDR3 and they fit my machine in the specs checker they have.

I recently added an Crucial SSD and have Windows 10 installed there. It boots better and folders open faster than the HDD.

However, apps aren't faster at all. Just Windows.

The machine has 2 sticks of 4GB installed which make the 8GB. Going from 8GB to 12GB........will it make a difference?

Or it's better to go to 16GB?.

If I could I would to go to 32GB.......the machine specs says it supports up to 32GB RAM (however I can't afford it), since they're DDR3, they are older and are NOT cheap. I can only afford up to 16GB.

Should I make the effort to get 16GB or will 12GB be good?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

ronkolda, Feb 2, 2020
  3. 16GB RAM

What speed improvement can I expect increasing from 8GB of RAM to 16GB on a Fierce APOLLO Quadcore Desktop Gaming PC, Athlon X4 860K 4.0GHz, GTX 750 Ti 2GB

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

GarinasRogers, Feb 2, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

PC not using all 16GB of Ram.

z97x gaming 5 with 16gb Ram

for sure. Th 1866 support will come from the IMC on the CPU, and the board will support 16GB easily. Check the motherboard manufacturer compatibility listing to be totally certain the brand of RAM will work.

Many additional brands will work, but have not been tested to make their list, so you'd be on your own if not on the list.

rtwjunkie, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

PC not using all 16GB of Ram.

1. PC not using all 16GB of Ram. - Similar Threads - using 16GB Ram

2. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  3. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  4. use all ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use all ram: currently, my laptop has already install with 12 GB ram, but when I few task manager, I see it is only use certain amount of ram and leaving the rest as stand by. I know my laptop do so not all ram work in the same time so it save more energy, but when it heavy stuff like...
  5. With 16GB ram, is my PC supposed to be constantly using 44% of ram while idle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    With 16GB ram, is my PC supposed to be constantly using 44% of ram while idle?: PC Specs: https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GP65-Leopard-10SFK/Specification except with 16GB ramRamMAP and Task Manager while using Firefox: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-16gb-ram-is-my-pc-supposed-to-be-constantly/3b48e37c-e25f-4410-88c1-f942a6597151
  6. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  7. 16GB Ram for Ideapad?

16GB Ram for Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  8. PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb

PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb: I recently built a new computer and have been getting lots of random bluescreens. They were all memory errors, so I took one of the two sticks out and the crashes stopped. I thought that maybe the stick I took out was faulty, so I switched them out to test it, but still, no...
  9. Hardware Reserved Ram 32Gb installed 16Gb In Use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardware Reserved Ram 32Gb installed 16Gb In Use: I just bought one more stick of ram off amazon (Ballistix Gaming Memory 16Gb DDR4 3200), I installed the ram to my recommended slot (a1). I opened up task manager it said, Memory 32 GB 15.9 GB usage. I checked bios it said 16 GB capacity but it showed it sees my two sticks of...
  10. On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it?

On boot: 70%+ of ram in use (out of 16gb) - where is it?: Hello, So recently I've been having ram issues on my desktop. On boot up, after logging in I will have upwards of 11gb of ram 'in use' before even opening applications. Is this normal? Booting in safemode yields around 1-2gb of ram at startup. The computer seems much...