Windows 10: PC not utilizing installed RAM

Discus and support PC not utilizing installed RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows is seeing my install RAM correctly, but not letting apps use them freely. It looks like it is trying to use less than 8 GBs of RAM at any time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by differtail, Oct 17, 2020.

1. PC not utilizing installed RAM

Windows is seeing my install RAM correctly, but not letting apps use them freely. It looks like it is trying to use less than 8 GBs of RAM at any time. Apps like Microsoft Edge browser and Photoshop is using only a gigabyte of RAM when it should be using more, which causes some serious lag while having free RAM.

PC not utilizing installed RAM e1dd51c6-bbea-4c00-b85e-77de6a38344f?upload=true.png PC not utilizing installed RAM 367434b5-5adb-484d-bdda-f685b206e52e?upload=true.png

I have two sticks of RAM installed, an 8 GB one, and a 16 GB one. They used to work fine when I first installed them. I'm not sure when it started having problems. I've tried looking for fixes like fixing pagefile sizes, looking in msconfig to disable RAM limitations, but nothing worked for me. Can anyone help?

:)

differtail, Oct 17, 2020
  2. aikonN8 Win User

Removing WLAN Utilities

Wan update instructions below state remove wan utilities,

Uninstallation instructions:

• Turn WLAN Off
    • Manually uninstall "WLAN Utilities" package from the installed applications.
    • Turn WLAN On
    I can't find them under installed applications anywhere. Could somebody give step by step instrucions, I've looked in :

Installations/ already installed.

aikonN8, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 17, 2020
  4. PC not utilizing installed RAM

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

PC not utilizing installed RAM

1. PC not utilizing installed RAM - Similar Threads - utilizing installed RAM

2. Windows Not Utilizing All of the Installed RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Utilizing All of the Installed RAM: Hello Microsoft Community, I am facing an issue where my Windows server is only utilizing a small fraction of the installed RAM. I have 144 GB of RAM, but only 6.75 GB is used. I came across this question, but it didn't resolve my problem. I should note that my server is not...
  3. Windows Not Utilizing All of the Installed RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Not Utilizing All of the Installed RAM: Hello Microsoft Community, I am facing an issue where my Windows server is only utilizing a small fraction of the installed RAM. I have 144 GB of RAM, but only 6.75 GB is used. I came across this question, but it didn't resolve my problem. I should note that my server is not...
  4. Windows Not Utilizing All of the Installed RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. High RAM utilization / leak Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM utilization / leak Windows 11: I'm running into an issue where something is using large parts of RAM. I've been unable to locate the cause via task manager. Can someone help me understand the RAMmap log files? I've also included poolmon.exe which I also need help understanding. If you have other...
  6. High RAM utilization / leak Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High RAM utilization / leak Windows 11: I'm running into an issue where something is using large parts of RAM. I've been unable to locate the cause via task manager. Can someone help me understand the RAMmap log files? I've also included poolmon.exe which I also need help understanding. If you have other...
  7. RAM, NOT FULLY UTILIZE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM, NOT FULLY UTILIZE: Good day folks. The above subject refers.I have hp laptop with the following properties: 500GB HDD, 4GB of RAM, ITEL CORE 2 DUO INSIDE, WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64-BIT NOW UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10 IN 2015, OS BUILD IS 19043.1055, VERSION IS 21H1.MY QUESTION:why...
  8. RAM slot information not detected by utility software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM slot information not detected by utility software: I have an Asus Vivobook X505ZA and was trying to figure out what my current hardware was to upgrade accordingly. I tried CPU-Z and HWiNFO and for some reason, they can't detect any memory module in both RAM slots. They however, display that I have 4 GB of RAM which is...
  9. RAM high resource utilization IDK why!!

in Windows 10 Support
    RAM high resource utilization IDK why!!: hello everyone, i am a big fan of the task manager, i feel like it conveys information well and tells me about hardware bottlenecks in a nice gui fashion. HOWEVER. when i am monitoring the RAM. ...ffs... I HAVE 8 GB. HOW on earth is my ram filled up with just a 2gb chrome...
  10. EtwB Utilizing ~2GB of RAM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    EtwB Utilizing ~2GB of RAM: Hello, I am experiencing an issue on my laptop where the Event Tracking for Windows (EtwB) is utilizing an excessive amount of memory. I have attached screenshots of both task manager's memory usage, task manager's list of running programming sorted by working memory, and a...