Windows 10: PC not visable on Network

Discus and support PC not visable on Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is no 'Home Network' now on w Windows 10 and I have difficulty in viewing my Desktop Dell Optiplex on my Lap Top Lenovo V110 both running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rexhockey, Mar 31, 2020.

1. rexhockey Win User

PC not visable on Network

There is no 'Home Network' now on w

Windows 10 and I have difficulty in viewing my Desktop Dell Optiplex on my Lap Top Lenovo V110 both running Windows Ten. Both OSs are OEM. I do get some success by setting the Function Discovery Provider to Automatic Delayed Start and or SMB 1.0 set to SMB 1.0 CFS Client, depending if where problem is. This works for two, three, four or more days and then one or other or both disappear again.

Does anyone know how to get a permanent fix on this problem, please?

Cheers Rex

:)

rexhockey, Mar 31, 2020

2. Can Private Network Visable on Wifi be removed

Original Title: Private Network Visable on Wifi

How do I remove my network from being seen over WiFi?

Ian and BeckyBlanco, Mar 31, 2020
  3. The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

<Original title: Creating theme>

The desktop background feature is not visable on the personalization page. I want to create a theme with and slideshow of pictures. Can someone list the steps?

PandaBunniKat, Mar 31, 2020
  4. PC not visable on Network

It is visable in windows 7 file explorer, but not visable in windows 10 file explorer.

<Original title: Windows explorer>

Hi

I have a network drive plugged into my router. It is visable in windows 7 file explorer, but not visable in windows 10 file explorer. What do I have to do to get to my files when using windows 10? With windows 7, I plugged it in and it was visable and I
    did not have to do anything.

Dick

Richard Lindmeier, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

PC not visable on Network

1. PC not visable on Network - Similar Threads - visable Network

2. How to make desktop visable in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make desktop visable in file explorer: Seems that my windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.3007 is doing everythign it cat to make it difficult or impossible to find the desktop using file explorer, from any browser, or the open file dialog from any app. Call me crazy, and old, but I've been driving windows boxes since...
  3. How to make desktop visable in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make desktop visable in file explorer: Seems that my windows 11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.3007 is doing everythign it cat to make it difficult or impossible to find the desktop using file explorer, from any browser, or the open file dialog from any app. Call me crazy, and old, but I've been driving windows boxes since...
  4. SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager

SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager: Samsung 870 EVO 500gb ssd new was initiated and formatted. I incorrectly disconnected it.It now no longer appears in device manager or computer manager on windows 10 desktop.Would appreciate any help. Technical and terminology challenged.Thanx...
  5. SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager: Samsung 870 EVO 500gb ssd new was initiated and formatted. I incorrectly disconnected it.It now no longer appears in device manager or computer manager on windows 10 desktop.Would appreciate any help. Technical and terminology challenged.Thanx...
  6. computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...: computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-visable-in-file-manager-network/8b0dfb8b-398d-4075-b552-cab1479b2e57
  7. computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...

computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...: computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-visable-in-file-manager-network/8b0dfb8b-398d-4075-b552-cab1479b2e57
  8. Network Drives not Visable when you log in with the PIN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drives not Visable when you log in with the PIN: I just reinstalled Windows 10 PRO on a Machine and for the first time linked it to the office 365 Account Azure Previous machines where just on personal accounts. I have had a real headache however trying to link the Network machines. We have three Machines which we...
  9. Home network computer visability listing.

Home network computer visability listing.: Why do my laptop and desktop computers not see each other on my network. Discovery is turned on, and the Workgroup is the same and the network is set to a home network on both computers. They are both connected to the network on the same WIFI connection. I've followed...
  10. Networked Server Not Visable

Networked Server Not Visable: Hi, We have a fairly crude network in place at work with a main server and 8 desktops which all have their own hard drives but also access a separate space on the main servers hard drive called the "S" drive. This is the space where group files are stores and backups of...