Windows 10: PC not visible as a media device

Discus and support PC not visible as a media device in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've upgraded to Windows 11. Now, although my PC is visible and accessible as a computer on the network, it does not appear as a media device. Usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by David Coldicutt, Dec 7, 2023.

1. PC not visible as a media device

I've upgraded to Windows 11. Now, although my PC is visible and accessible as a computer on the network, it does not appear as a media device. Usually the problem is the other way round. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Media player legacy and media player, media streaming is turned on and allowed for the machine. I've been through optional features and every other area I can think off. I find no other report of this happening on Google.

:)

David Coldicutt, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Mussels Win User

Costless Media Centre PC!

link in my sig has all the details, go read there.

while the link mentions windows 7, it has step by step guides for setting up MPC-HC (media player classic home cinema) for the best performance on weaker media PC's

Mussels, Dec 7, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Can not find WIFI device after W10 Creator update

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to corrupted drivers. Since you already performed some troubleshooting steps, and the drivers are not even listed in device manager, we suggest that you follow these steps to make the missing drivers visible again:

• Right click the Windows icon and select Device Manager.
    • Click the View Tab at the top of the Device Manager window.
    • Put a checkmark on Show hidden devices.
    • Check if it made your drivers visible. Try to uninstall and reinstall your drivers afterwards.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Dec 7, 2023
  4. Junaid_A Win User

PC not visible as a media device

Bluetooth MIDI device visibility problem in WIN10

Hi Ota,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to which the device disappeared from the list of available devices?
    • Do you see any error message/code when the device disappears?

Meanwhile, you may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click the Sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • If your MIDI device isn’t listed there, right click on an empty space and select
      Show Disconnected Devices and Show Disabled Devices to see if the device is visible.

We await your response,

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 7, 2023
Thema:

PC not visible as a media device

1. PC not visible as a media device - Similar Threads - visible media device

2. PC not visible as a media device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not visible as a media device: I've upgraded to Windows 11. Now, although my PC is visible and accessible as a computer on the network, it does not appear as a media device. Usually the problem is the other way round. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Media player legacy and media player, media streaming is...
  3. Family Safety device not visible

Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  4. Family Safety device not visible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety device not visible: HI all!I recently setup a Family Safety account and added my sons account to the family group.On his Windows PC I converted my local account to use Microsoft account which manages the family, logged in to that account and his child account was visible.I allowed the account...
  5. Camera not Visible in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not Visible in Device Manager: The built-in camera in my windows 10 ASUS Q503UA has quit. The device has been working but has stopped and is no longer visible in Device Manager. I have download ASUS Live Update, but it says all is well. So far online resources have not been able to provide a solution. What...
  6. USB Devices Not Visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Devices Not Visible: I have a Dell Laptop XPS13 9370 running Windows 11 attached to a Dell Docking Station Thunderbolt WD19TB. This was acquired in 2019 with Windows 10. In late 2021, USB devices plugged into the USB ports on the docking station ceased to be visible on the laptop. [The...
  7. USB Devices Not Visible

USB Devices Not Visible: I have a Dell Laptop XPS13 9370 running Windows 11 attached to a Dell Docking Station Thunderbolt WD19TB. This was acquired in 2019 with Windows 10. In late 2021, USB devices plugged into the USB ports on the docking station ceased to be visible on the laptop. [The...
  8. USB Devices Not Visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Network devices not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network devices not visible: I've searched the internet over and taken heed of all advice given, implemented most of the most common fixes and I can't find a solution. I have 2 desktops, a laptop all Win 10 with latest updates AFAIK, a Buffalo NAS box and an HP laser printer on my home network. The...
  10. Bluetooth devices not visible!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth devices not visible!!!!!!!: As this has been my 2nd post ...My PC doesn't show any Bluetooth in "Add Device " option.............I tried every method i.e reinstalling the drivers,stopping and rerunning the service of Bluetooth........But at last here i am writing my complain its been 8 months...