Windows 10: PC on Domain network locking automatically when using

Discus and support PC on Domain network locking automatically when using in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi team , We have a SCADA system at one of our client's which comprises of around 11 operating workstations with OS - Windows 10 LTSC and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cherian_1991, Jan 3, 2020.

1. PC on Domain network locking automatically when using

Hi team ,

We have a SCADA system at one of our client's which comprises of around 11 operating workstations with OS - Windows 10 LTSC and servers with OS-windows Server 2016 . It is observed that some of the operating workstations are getting locked out randomly while under operation under the user "Operator-1" with all software and service running in the background . User has to further to put the password to sign in again. This is disturbing the plant operation.

1. This is happening only for 3 or 4 workstations in a random manner and frequency is 2 or 3 times per month. Domain settings are default domain controller settings only .

2. It was observed that the user "Operator-1" was logged in to the domain from more than 8 workstation along with active sessions of other user accounts also.

Now we had created users in active directory and segregated them to the different workstations, so that a single user is not logged in to the domain from more than 4 workstation. But we would like to know the actual root cause of this lock out issue , which has to prevent similar future incidents.

***Original title: Windows 10 workstation gets locked out automatically while working.***

:)

Cherian_1991, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Gedpal Win User

Domain Account Locked Daily

Hello,
    I have similar problem. My domain account locks from time to time. I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10.
    I tried many steps to solve this but none is working.
    I found out some interesting things. Using a tool "Account Lockout Status" I found that Last Bad Pwd value is changed when I enter credentials after computer automatic or manaul screen lock out.
    I can work normally if I do not get a message about "Windows needs your current credentials":

PC on Domain network locking automatically when using [​IMG]

If I get this message and do nothing - account very quickly locks out.
    If I do quick screen lock and unlock it will go ok for some time.
    Very strange. I replicate the problem of Last Bad Pwd value using another PC with W10. Some other users in domain are ok some same as mine.
    Something wrong with specific users and Windows 10 combination..

Regards,
    Gediminas

Gedpal, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Network Location Changing on Domained and undomained machines randomly

Ok, I dug further and found my own answer. The issue is in a service called Network Location Awareness. What can happen on login or config change of a connection is that NLA will check and reset the location to public if it unsure what kind of network it is connected to. Public network location setting will cut off Network discovery, fileshare and locks down the firewall. Anyways what can happen is upon login if your domain controller or another server is slow to respond to the location inquiry from NLA it will automatically go into a Public location and lock down everything making you either reset the location with powershell or unjoin and rejoin the domain. ANNOYING!
    HOW TO FIX
    Push windows key + r
    type services.msc press enter
    scroll down to Network Location Awareness in the list on the right hand side and double click
    In the dialogue box you should see a drop down menu set to Automatic
    Click that drop down and set it to Automatic Delayed or Manual and click apply then exit out of services.

Steelcity412, Jan 3, 2020
  4. PC on Domain network locking automatically when using

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

PC on Domain network locking automatically when using

1. PC on Domain network locking automatically when using - Similar Threads - Domain network locking

2. Domain Locked Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain Locked Laptop: I purchased a "refurbished" Dell 7420 from eBay.Worked perfectly until I installed Ubuntu Linux because I wanted to learn hands-on the OS.Now I am trying to revert back to Windows and did a full reset to do a clean install, and it gets to the "connect to network" but it does...
  3. Domain Locked Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain Locked Laptop: I purchased a "refurbished" Dell 7420 from eBay.Worked perfectly until I installed Ubuntu Linux because I wanted to learn hands-on the OS.Now I am trying to revert back to Windows and did a full reset to do a clean install, and it gets to the "connect to network" but it does...
  4. Domain Locked Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Domain PC keeps forgetting hidden domain network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain PC keeps forgetting hidden domain network: Hey, everyone.I have a customer here who's PC recently decided to stop remembering the network information for our domain wifi network. No other employees have reported this problem. Here in I'll relay what we've observed and actions taken to rectify it. I am with the IT...
  6. Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network

Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network: I added a second network adapter and an IP address to the new adapter in Windows 10 Build 2004. I now have the primary Routable on the first adapter and alternate IP addresses peer-to-peer on a second network adapter. The client sometimes think that it's not on a Domain...
  7. My PC locks automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC locks automatically: Hi, I've been experiencing an issue that involves my Windows 10 PC automatically locking once it reaches 7% battery life, this follows the 'your battery life is very low' notification. This is a relatively new issue, and isn't one that I had experienced with this PC...
  8. Domain users are locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Domain users are locked: היי יש לי משתמשי דומיינים שנעולים לאחר שהם משנים את הסיסמה. איך בודקים מה נועל אותם? אין להם סיסמאות שמורות, רק לאחר מחיקת פרופיל זה יסתדר. תודה. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-users-are-locked/8d43b30d-e3a6-4a05-be99-57a2f8fbe606
  9. PC automatically locks/sleeps. Even when I am using it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC automatically locks/sleeps. Even when I am using it.: I have tries to disable it with registery and changed sentings using power options. It still happens. I had 8.1 and I recently upgraded to 10 and problem only began with 10. Also, Is there like a registery I could import that frees my ram and maximizes performance? Half of...
  10. Domain Network?

Domain Network?: I somehow have lost my Domain Network on my computers and I don't know why. Can anyone help me? I have no Network ID cause it is faded out=why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-network/6c28a03c-8d7e-4dd7-b087-c23fb462c3ba