Windows 10: PC on sleep

Discus and support PC on sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can i keep my PC continuously on sleep? If no..Then what will happen if i do? 56913 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omkar, Jul 20, 2016.

1. omkar Win User

PC on sleep

Can i keep my PC continuously on sleep? If no..Then what will happen if i do?

:)

omkar, Jul 20, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How to have Start Button not show after midnight

Are you putting the PC to sleep from the Power button on the Start Menu or are you letting the PC sleep on the built in timer?

If you are putting the PC to sleep from the Power Button that is why you are getting this issue, there is a bug in some builds of Windows 10 that when you click the Sleep Button the PC sleeps but on clicking the sleep button the menu should
    minimise but it does not . . .

DaveM121, Jul 20, 2016
  3. System goes to sleep mode after some time automatically

Original title:- Sleep mode

When starting up, my PC runs okay for several minutes then drops into sleep mode. I reset settings in Power and Sleep to reflect " When plugged in PC goes into Sleep Mode within ___________ minutes or _________ hours or NEVER" The settings does not change
    back but PC still goes suddenly in Sleep. My action is to reboot and wait for the next time it goes to sleep by itself.

RonWhiteSEO, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

PC on sleep

1. PC on sleep - Similar Threads - sleep

2. 2019 Update no sleep mode, dual monitor, restore points and no resolution options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2019 Update no sleep mode, dual monitor, restore points and no resolution options: I was hit with a windows 10 update on 08/11/2019. Prior to the update my computer and all settings were working in tip top shape. Upon the update with shut down and reboot I had the following issues. 1. Screen saver is gone and backscreen is completely black 2. Icons are...
  3. windows 10 1903 goes to black screen when screen goes to sleep - laptop - does not recover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 1903 goes to black screen when screen goes to sleep - laptop - does not recover: I start and go into windows 10 normally, things are working at the desk top. since it is a laptop after a time period is goes to s black sleeping screen. at first it was waking up from that with out a issue, now as of today it is getting stuck at that screen. control, alt...
  4. Windows doesnt start after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesnt start after sleep mode: Hello, I recently had an update from windows that took some time to install on windows 10. Once the update finished, it seemed to have trouble starting up from the begining as well as from sleep mode. the computer turns on but the display doesn't come up. I have to hard...
  5. Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.

Computer Freezes then restarts after wake up from sleep mode / Fresh Start.: Most days after waking my PC in the morning after a half hour or so it will freeze, then flicker either a Green , purple or blue screen , then restarts. The PC then operates perfectly normal for the rest of the day, at the end of use I put into sleep mode. I have tried just...
  6. PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC asking constantly to enter password after being a Sleep Mode or Idle: I know my password, after a recommended update I now have to enter a different way, either a PIN or the password to one of my mail accounts which I found odd. How do I set it back to the way I had it originally? HELP?????...
  7. Change Sleep settings to keep the PC awake while copying data from external drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Sleep settings to keep the PC awake while copying data from external drive: I have been down loading some data to my hard drive which was going to take a few hours. Before it completed the laptop decided I hadn't been using the system and shut down to save power. How can I make the system recognise that if data is being written to the harddrive, then...
  8. Windows 1903 update, will no longer resume from sleep without crashing.

Windows 1903 update, will no longer resume from sleep without crashing.: My Dell 8930XPS will no longer resume properly from Sleep after the 1903 update. It tries to wake up, the screen remains black, and then it will either reboot on its own or I have to hold down the power button to force a reboot. Event log shows this every time after a...
  9. PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

PC waking up automatically from sleep mode: On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The only thing that works if I remove MS wireless mouse 5000/keyboard 3050 transceiver. Then the monitor stays asleep (of course,...
  10. System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state

System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state: There is a issue on my system, my power setting as below. when my system was in sleep state, I found it would be awakened to desktop instead of went into hibernate state after 180 minutes. If I disable the RTC wake support for hibernate,the system could went into hibernate...