Windows 10: PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode

Discus and support PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a PC running Windows 10 that refuses to enter sleep mode. When I choose the manual "sleep" option, the computer teases me and acts like it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ClarkBarlow, Sep 2, 2020.

1. PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode

I have a PC running Windows 10 that refuses to enter sleep mode. When I choose the manual "sleep" option, the computer teases me and acts like it's going to sleep the fan stops humming for a split second, but then it wakes up immediately and prompts me to login to Windows again. And the computer never enters sleep mode on its own, no matter how long I leave it idle or what sleep settings I try. I've tried every suggestion I can find online without success. Please help so I can rid myself of this constant humming - it's torture for a family quarantined in their house all day.

:)

ClarkBarlow, Sep 2, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 2, 2020
  3. blak bob Win User
    after a clean install and updates, PC will not enter sleep mode/shut down.

My PC running on windows 10 will not enter sleep mode or shutdown following a recent update. After running a clean install of windows 10 with reformatted drives, the problem is still on going. which steps should be taken to fix this issue.

blak bob, Sep 2, 2020
  4. PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode

1. PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode - Similar Threads - doesn't enter sleep

2. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  3. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  4. pc no video input entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no video input entering sleep mode: hello i have been having this problem this couple months when i play high end games my pc screen goes black and massage pops up no video input entering sleepmode i hear the game in the backround also pc fans start spining at max speed i turned off the setting where my pc...
  5. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  6. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  7. cant enter sleep mode in windows 10

cant enter sleep mode in windows 10: as the title says, after clicking the sleep button it's going to sleep but waking up with no reason I tried everything to fix it, I run the power troubleshooter and it said that it fixed something but still not working I even tried the thing with the internet device but...
  8. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  9. Windows 10 PC Refuses to Enter Sleep Mode

Windows 10 PC Refuses to Enter Sleep Mode: When I try to put my computer into sleep mode it won't even be a second before it wakes right back up again. There is no issue shutting down. I had this problem earlier, it was caused by my Ethernet connection waking up my computer whenever there's an internet connection...
  10. windows 10 will not enter sleep mode

windows 10 will not enter sleep mode: I have tried all usual fixes but none work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-enter-sleep-mode/b811783d-fc56-43da-af27-5232cfaf4a3a