Windows 10: PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.

Discus and support PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've just bought a new computer and onedrive on my pc is not syncing with onedrive live. I've tried unlinking the pc and linking again, checking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by glyndavies7, Jan 21, 2021.

1. PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.

I've just bought a new computer and onedrive on my pc is not syncing with onedrive live. I've tried unlinking the pc and linking again, checking the permissions, my account is correct, I've checked the folders and now I'm out of ideas. I downloaded Keepass and although it's all working fine on the pc there is a folder in onedrive live but nothing in it and another pdf downloaded from my phone is on the pc onedrive but not the live version. Any ideas?

:)

glyndavies7, Jan 21, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live. [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Freezer Win User

PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live.

1. PC onedrive not syncing with onedrive live. - Similar Threads - onedrive syncing onedrive

2. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  3. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  4. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive and PC sync

Onedrive and PC sync: Hi, I would like to find out how to stop syncing certain folders from my pc to onedrive? I dont want to loose any folders on my pc. That seems to be the issue when you select folders on onedrive, then it deletes folders on my pc. Thanks...
  6. How to sync a specific OneDrive on PC to OneDrive on Android

How to sync a specific OneDrive on PC to OneDrive on Android: Right now OneDrive on my Samsung S10 syncs (at least it tries to) with the entire OneDrive folder on PC. Obviously that is way too much. With tens of thousands of mostly small files that obviously is wayyy too much. Within OneDrive on PC there is a folder named \Pictures with...
  7. onedrive not syncing with onedrive online

onedrive not syncing with onedrive online: do i need the business OneDrive app or the grooze.exe i have windows 10 20h2 dell inspiron 15 the files from my onedrive folder don't sync to onedrive.com website unless i drag and drop or upload individually....
  8. Syncing Two PC's with OneDrive

Syncing Two PC's with OneDrive: Hey, I would like to use OneDrive to sync two laptops to have the same files. Right now I am syncing desktop and document folders, but I would like to set it so if I delete/modify something on one laptop it will also delete/modify it from the onedrive cloud and then the other...
  9. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  10. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...