Windows 10: PC only boots after second attempt

Discus and support PC only boots after second attempt in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I’ve been having this problem for a couple of months where my pc only boots up after the second try. Whenever I restart it will show the bios logo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Camreckem, Jan 18, 2023.

1. Camreckem Win User

PC only boots after second attempt

So I’ve been having this problem for a couple of months where my pc only boots up after the second try. Whenever I restart it will show the bios logo then when it would normally show the windows login, it then displays a black screen. I'm unable to do anything at this point and am forced to hard shut down. There are no motherboard errors as the CPU temperature is displayed on the mobo. Error code would appear instead if that was the case On the second try when it is able to get to the windows login screen it takes 2-3 mins to get to my desktop after putting in my login credentials. Beforehan

:)

Camreckem, Jan 18, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 18, 2023
  3. Attempted to do a Clean Boot but forgot to Hide Microsoft Services

Interesting scenario . . .

Try this:

• Reboot.
    • Turn the machine off with the power button when the spinning circle appears.
    • Repeat this exercise two more times.
    • Reboot. You will now get the boot menu.
    • Boot into Safe Mode and undo the fatal step. Alternatively you could use System Restore.

Frederik Long, Jan 18, 2023
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

1. PC only boots after second attempt - Similar Threads - boots second attempt

2. PC only boots after second attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC only boots after second attempt: So I’ve been having this problem for a couple of months where my pc only boots up after the second try. Whenever I restart it will show the bios logo then when it would normally show the windows login, it then displays a black screen. I'm unable to do anything at this point...
  3. PC only boots after second attempt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC only boots after second attempt: So I’ve been having this problem for a couple of months where my pc only boots up after the second try. Whenever I restart it will show the bios logo then when it would normally show the windows login, it then displays a black screen. I'm unable to do anything at this point...
  4. Pc goes into automatic repair after clean boot attempt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc goes into automatic repair after clean boot attempt: Hello, Sometime ago I had an issue with a vr headset, steam support told me to see if the problem remains if I tried to start it after a clean boot. So following instructions I quickly clean booted my pc and tried the vr, which didn't fix its issue. So then I opened msconfig...
  5. After attempting to reset windows pc doesn't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After attempting to reset windows pc doesn't boot: Today I tried to wipe my hardrive through windows 10 and it did so, at first I did keep my files which got stuck at 88% for 3 hours, so I turned my pc off and went into recovery, then I decided to wipe my while disc I have a media creation usb which doesn't do anything as now...
  6. Windows 10 only boots after two or three attempts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 only boots after two or three attempts: When I start my computer, does either one of the following: does not boot boots and then disappears boots without anything appearing on the screen I now need to force shut-down and start again two or three times even more sometimes before I get a normal boot. I would...
  7. Computer boots up only every second attempt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer boots up only every second attempt: Hi, when I boot up my computer, nothing happens, and I mean nothing. Black screen. My monitor even says no signal. But when I shut it down and boot up again, it goes into the American Megatrends tab as when you shut down a computer the hard way. Then i go into BIOS and have...
  8. PC not booting after attempted 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not booting after attempted 1903 update: Hi, last night I attempted to install the 1903 update but it froze at the working on updates screen at 25% (spinning dots frozen as well) for hours, so I rebooted to try again, however the computer wouldn’t boot at all, it seemed as though there was no output to the monitor...
  9. My PC boots up only on second attempt.

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC boots up only on second attempt.: Hy I have weird problem. Every time I turn on my pc It shuts down when windows logo shows up. No bips and errors. Press power button again and my pc boot up with no problem. Any idea where is the problem? I try almost everything.. -replace cmos battery -replace power...
  10. Attempted 8.1/10 dual boot, only boots to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempted 8.1/10 dual boot, only boots to 10: I followed the How To Geek's guide on how to dual boot - sort of. I was unable to shrink my Win 8.1 boot partition in disk manager- it kept telling me my disk didn't have enough free space, in spite of the fact that it should have had plenty. Win 8.1 is installed on my...