Windows 10: PC only connects to internet when using a USB adapter

Discus and support PC only connects to internet when using a USB adapter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My PC HP 15-dy1074nr will only connect to WiFi if I have a USB adapter plugged in. If not plugged in, it will only connect to WiFi in one room, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Some Guy Wanting Help, Dec 27, 2020.

1. PC only connects to internet when using a USB adapter

My PC HP 15-dy1074nr will only connect to WiFi if I have a USB adapter plugged in. If not plugged in, it will only connect to WiFi in one room, and will show the signal strength at almost zero. All other WiFi-compatible devices in my home connect without issue or the need for external devices. How can I fix my PC so that it connects without the USB?

:)

Some Guy Wanting Help, Dec 27, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

PC only connects to internet when using a USB adapter [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, Dec 27, 2020
  4. PC only connects to internet when using a USB adapter

Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

PC only connects to internet when using a USB adapter

1. PC only connects to internet when using a USB adapter - Similar Threads - connects internet using

2. Cant Connect To Internet Using Wifi Adapter in Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Connect To Internet Using Wifi Adapter in Pc: Hi.So i was using Ethernet but switched to Wifi, but now i cant connect to My Internet through Wifi.As u can see in Screenshots.Pls Help Me Password & Everything is Correct But still I cant connect Watched Many youtube Videos But am unable to Fix this Problem :.If ur gonna...
  3. Cant Connect To Internet Using Wifi Adapter in Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Connect To Internet Using Wifi Adapter in Pc: Hi.So i was using Ethernet but switched to Wifi, but now i cant connect to My Internet through Wifi.As u can see in Screenshots.Pls Help Me Password & Everything is Correct But still I cant connect Watched Many youtube Videos But am unable to Fix this Problem :.If ur gonna...
  4. Cant Connect To Internet Using Wifi Adapter in Pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My pc blue screens when connecting to the internet. This only happens with the new adapter...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc blue screens when connecting to the internet. This only happens with the new adapter...: Eveything i have tried does not work and the screen freezes upon connecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-blue-screens-when-connecting-to-the-internet/cc85e6be-e642-4868-ae06-1ef239e20889
  6. My pc blue screens when connecting to the internet. This only happens with the new adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc blue screens when connecting to the internet. This only happens with the new adapter...: Eveything i have tried does not work and the screen freezes upon connecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-blue-screens-when-connecting-to-the-internet/cc85e6be-e642-4868-ae06-1ef239e20889
  7. My pc blue screens when connecting to the internet. This only happens with the new adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. getting BSOD when connecting to internet using a lan adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting BSOD when connecting to internet using a lan adapter: A few days back my laptop started getting BSOD unexpectedly. I did a full system reset and it worked just fine for some time. So I connected it to internet using a Lan adapter and it was still working fine. Then I checked if there are any updates to be installed and there...
  9. getting BSOD when connecting to internet using a lan adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting BSOD when connecting to internet using a lan adapter: A few days back my laptop started getting BSOD unexpectedly. I did a full system reset and it worked just fine for some time. So I connected it to internet using a Lan adapter and it was still working fine. Then I checked if there are any updates to be installed and there...
  10. usb wifi adapter connected, no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb wifi adapter connected, no internet: It reports connected, no internet. This happened to a tp-link usb and a netgear, both new. Confusing. Turns out, its a Windows 10 update. I tried both usb wifi adapters, editing the registry removing leftover entries between installs. Still happened on both. Restored...