Windows 10: PC only partially connected to home network

Discus and support PC only partially connected to home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 Windows 10 PCs and a new smart TV LGwebOS connected to a wifi network. The PCs have been able to recognise each other in the past but this has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by johnclif, Jul 30, 2021.

1. johnclif Win User

PC only partially connected to home network

I have 2 Windows 10 PCs and a new smart TV LGwebOS connected to a wifi network. The PCs have been able to recognise each other in the past but this has become more problematic after recent Windows updates.Currently PC-B is recognised on the network by PC-A and by the TV, and media on PC-B can be accessed by PC-A and the TV.PC-A is recognised as a media device by all of them, so PC-B and the TV can see it is present on the network but cannot see or access any files on it. It is listed as a media device under "Network" by Windows Explorer on both PCs but not as a computer on PC-B or on itsel

:)

johnclif, Jul 30, 2021

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Castiel Win User

PC wont connect to network.

I have a HP computer that is set off aside that I am going to use for folding and for some reason it wont connect to my network. I have the modem connected to a switch, and from there my computer and the HP is connected, but I can get a connection but not my HP comp. Now when I hit repair it says that it couldn't do anything because it stops at IP renewing. I have even went into networking and changed the network connection to the top of the list.

See I hit repair and it says that it is renewing the IP address but it doesn't, then error.

How can I get it connected to my internet?

Castiel, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. PC only partially connected to home network - Similar Threads - partially connected home

2. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network: Unable to connect my PC and Mac.I can see the PC from the Mac Finder, yet when connecting I'm asked for a username and password, which doesn't seem to be my login details. From what I've read it seems I need a network name and password? Yet this isn't the modem details is...
  3. Pc only partially turning on, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc only partially turning on, please help.: Me and the hubby recently upgraded most of our pc after our old motherboard failed.It has been working beautifully for a few months, until i got a crash while playing a game. Pc wouldnt shut off by itself or using the power button so i had to hard shut off. On start up...
  4. Pc only partially turning on, please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc only partially turning on, please help.: Me and the hubby recently upgraded most of our pc after our old motherboard failed.It has been working beautifully for a few months, until i got a crash while playing a game. Pc wouldnt shut off by itself or using the power button so i had to hard shut off. On start up...
  5. Pc only partially turning on, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. only partial connection to wireless display

only partial connection to wireless display: I have a fairly new 70 inch Samsung smart TV that operates wirelessly. I was hoping to watch dvds by playing them on my desktop pc and projecting them to the smart TV. I am able to wirelessly project from my laptop (which has no dvd drive) to the TV, but when I try to do the...
  7. Win10 connections on local network - only partial visibility

Win10 connections on local network - only partial visibility: I'm starting a new thread for this, because it is a somewhat different issue than my previous thread. We have two machines; my machine is Win10 Pro, my wife's is Win10 Home. I have followed the instructions in: Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10 The only...
  8. Internet connection only partially gone. What is that?

Internet connection only partially gone. What is that?: Howdy! For years I have had the problem that on my Win10 PC the internet is only partially gone. I start up the PC as usual, Windows starts and the WLAN reception is displayed in the task bar in the bottom right corner. However, most Internet pages show that they could...
  9. Computers connect on home network only sporadically

Computers connect on home network only sporadically: have struggled for a couple of months to set up an ethernet-based home network involving just two computers: a desktop (DT) and a laptop (LT). After receiving several suggestions and making various changes, the best I can say is it works sometimes. Sometimes the desktop will...
  10. Unable to connect to 1 PC on home network

Unable to connect to 1 PC on home network: I have a home network that was working prior to the last updates to 18362... and 19041.21 the network is wired. Since the updates I can connect to 18362, Transfer files etc. From 18362. I can see 19041 on the network but cannot connect to it, error0X80070035. If I try to...