Windows 10: PC ONSTANTLY RUNNING

Discus and support PC ONSTANTLY RUNNING in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; since upgrading to Windows 10 and Office 2019 my computer is constantly running. How do i fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by susanmc1122, Nov 19, 2019.

1. PC ONSTANTLY RUNNING

since upgrading to Windows 10 and Office 2019 my computer is constantly running. How do i fix this?

:)

susanmc1122, Nov 19, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 19, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Nov 19, 2019
  4. PC ONSTANTLY RUNNING

Games running worse on new PC? (Max Payne 3 horrible framerate on Skylake 6700k)

but running heaven will be of NO use if You dont follow the steps listed above.(just making sure)
    you need to rule out Drivers as a source, then move on from there. Also is the 970 in the top PCI lane?

jboydgolfer, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

PC ONSTANTLY RUNNING

1. PC ONSTANTLY RUNNING - Similar Threads - ONSTANTLY RUNNING

2. Gateway computer running on windows 8 won't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway computer running on windows 8 won't sign in: I have had this Gateway computer since December 2012 but have not updated it at all so im sure it's still running on Windows 8 to be exact. I have logged in with the same password each time until now for some reason i could not log in and had to change my password so i did...
  3. Gateway computer running on windows 8 won't sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gateway computer running on windows 8 won't sign in: I have had this Gateway computer since December 2012 but have not updated it at all so im sure it's still running on Windows 8 to be exact. I have logged in with the same password each time until now for some reason i could not log in and had to change my password so i did...
  4. Why do I get "access denied" when I try to run commands from file through a batch script?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I get "access denied" when I try to run commands from file through a batch script?: I am trying to write a script that should run some commands from a file specifically commands for pg_dump and pg_restore, or backup and restore of Postgres database, but I am receiving an "access denied" output.The script looks like this:@echo offrem enters postgres directory...
  5. Why do I get "access denied" when I try to run commands from file through a batch script?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I get "access denied" when I try to run commands from file through a batch script?: I am trying to write a script that should run some commands from a file specifically commands for pg_dump and pg_restore, or backup and restore of Postgres database, but I am receiving an "access denied" output.The script looks like this:@echo offrem enters postgres directory...
  6. Why do I get "access denied" when I try to run commands from file through a batch script?

7. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  8. I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont

I cant run exe files and my virus threat protection says it needs to be restarted but it wont: I cant open this exe file even though I can run other exe files.And my threat protection says that it needs to be restarted but I cant, it just keeps loading.A friend told me this had to do something with a registry error or something like that but they aren't sure either....
  9. dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed: SPECSProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BaseBoard Product MEG Z390 ACE MS-7B12 GPU Gigabyte 2080 superRAM: 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usableAfter a while of playing a game my monitors will go black and my computer will start running...
  10. dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed

dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed: SPECSProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BaseBoard Product MEG Z390 ACE MS-7B12 GPU Gigabyte 2080 superRAM: 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usableAfter a while of playing a game my monitors will go black and my computer will start running...