Windows 10: PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data.

Discus and support PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, For the first time in my life a PC I owned caught fire. It was really old and overheated while I was out of the room. Seems to have burned out the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deliveraid, Dec 14, 2020.

1. PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data.

Hi,

For the first time in my life a PC I owned caught fire. It was really old and overheated while I was out of the room. Seems to have burned out the graphics card and the power supply as well.

Problem is I use it for work quite a lot and my tax returns etc. So it’s really urgent that I can get it back up and running without Windows freaking out when the new hard disks are plugged into the new PC which arrives in a couple of days.

Before I do anything I want to make sure I plan ahead.

I’ve rebuilt this PC a number of times and I think Windows will complain about not having a licence for the new hardware.. the new PC should come with its own OEM licence so I’m hoping to somehow migrate without Windows validation issues..

The hard disk configuration is

1x 500GB Sata SSD 2x 1.5TB Sata spindle drives in software RAID0 as a 3TB logical drive U: (data)

When I get the new computer which has its own SSD with Windows 10 preinstalled, I assume I should just be able to import the data drives as foreign disks.

Any decent guides out there for this sort of problem?

submitted by /u/Deliveraid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deliveraid, Dec 14, 2020

2. solaris needs serious help with recovering data

Hate to say it... but guess what... you shouldnt be trying to recover CDs that you dont own anymore. I know your intensions are honorable, but this is actually a help me pirate/hack thread.

I've had great results with all of the following (for recovering lost data, not CDs *Wink PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data. ;)):
    • recuva
    • getdataback
    • r-studio (recovery studio)
    • EASEUS Data Recovery

lemonadesoda, Dec 14, 2020
  3. solaris needs serious help with recovering data

How do you know that the CD's on his hard drive are not copies of his lifelong collection of purchased discs placed into one collection? *Wink PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data. ;)

Temps_Riising, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Solaris17 Win User

PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data.

solaris needs serious help with recovering data

some of the cd's are at my grams the others i have but are extremely scratched i have better things to do than illegally download music....it soaks up my bandwidth has lousy bitrates and could possibly get me thrown in jail.....nice try though.

Solaris17, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data.

1. PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data. - Similar Threads - overheated caught fire

2. Desperately need help with recovering my pc!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desperately need help with recovering my pc!: Recently when I was playing a game on my PC, I ran into the error ‘ctfmon.exe success - Hard error detected’ or something close. I went online looking for answers and tried every one. I created a windows media following this solution:...
  3. Desperately need help with recovering my pc!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desperately need help with recovering my pc!: Recently when I was playing a game on my PC, I ran into the error ‘ctfmon.exe success - Hard error detected’ or something close. I went online looking for answers and tried every one. I created a windows media following this solution:...
  4. Desperately need help with recovering my pc!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need to recover PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to recover PC: Trying to sign in my account and it is not happening. Tried almost everything on the PC even restore and reset.. Safe mode is not an option as well. I cannot boot the computer at all and I need help....
  6. Need help recovering data on hdd

Need help recovering data on hdd: I recently installed the windows 21H1 update and I went to click on my common folder in steam D:Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common and it said folder is missing or moved. Now I cannot use any games in steam as the entire steam library is downloaded to there. It appears...
  7. Need help copying and recovering data from SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need help copying and recovering data from SSD: My computer boots from an SSD. The SSD stopped working. I put it in an enclosure and plugged it into another computer. It does not show up in Disk Management or File Explorer. It does show up in Device Manager, but it has problems. [img] I'd like to copy it / image it,...
  8. Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive

Need help to recover Outlook data from old PC's hard drive: Hello, My desktop Dell Inspiron PC failed last week. It wouldn't boot up BIOS. Nothing could bring it back to life. I pulled the hard-drive from it, and have connected an SATA cable to it, and there's a USB to the new PC. Is it possible to recover any data from...
  9. Transferring data from PC to Fire

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring data from PC to Fire: I am trying to move documents from my PC running Windows 10 to my Fire Tablet. In the instructions it says I need to install Media Player 11, however, the store tells me I cannot download/install it on Windows 10. What can I do to be able to move documents from PC to...
  10. Android tablet overheating & fire concern.

in Windows 10 Support
    Android tablet overheating & fire concern.: Android tablet overheating & fire concern. I upload a photo. This happen when I plugged in the charger to keep using it because the battery was getting low. The screen got very hot. I have done this plenty of times before without issue. It could be on its last leg. After...