Windows 10: PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot

Discus and support PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am not new to computers per se, but am pretty new to troubleshooting issues seemingly caused by Windows Updates.On the night to the 23rd of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JesperWesterberg, Jun 24, 2021.

1. PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot

Hello, I am not new to computers per se, but am pretty new to troubleshooting issues seemingly caused by Windows Updates.On the night to the 23rd of June, making it two nights ago, my laptop was automatically rebooted.I noticed this when I awoke the next day to use it and it was on the login screen rather than one of the applications I was using the night before.After logging on to use the computer, the performance had taken a big hit, as it would seem.When I move the mouse, it is consistently lagging behind in movement; like I would use the touchpad and move the cursor in quick circles and it

:)

JesperWesterberg, Jun 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 1607 performance degrades significantly between reboots

OK - performance has now degraded to the point where a reboot is required (File Explorer takes 3-4 seconds to open, task manager takes 5-10 seconds to open, etc.).

Here's the updated memory information:

• Hardware reserved: 74 MB
    • In Use: 4324 MB
    • Modified: 113 MB
    • Standby: 3322 MB
    • Free: 360 MB

PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot 47522c90-870d-42d7-ac20-30bfb679726f.png

Thanks again for taking a look.

Best,

Philip

PhilipManwaring, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Degraded graphics performance post update

Following the most recent bout of updates to Windows 10 (The one that changed the start menu, among other things) i've been noticing severely degraded performance from my graphics card.

Whereas i used to be able to achieve a decent FPS in virtual worlds (Circa 30-40), i'm now experiencing below 5FPS. Graphics drivers are up to date, so it can't be that.

The only change in the last 24 hours has been windows updates itself.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated

PhilMarron, Jun 24, 2021
  4. pranav19 Win User

PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot

GPS performance degraded ol of a sudden.

It's not even a month when i got lumia 920, its gps isn't able to catch direction as it used to when it's new, its performance degraded ol of a sudden since 2 days, wat can be the reason, please suggest as GPS is very important for me.

pranav19, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot

1. PC performance degraded seemingly after Windows Update reboot - Similar Threads - performance degraded seemingly

2. Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance: Hello,I ran into big problems when performing the simplest operation that worked just fine 20 years ago.I wanted just to find .pdf files in folders/subfolders of a particular folder. For that I just taped .pdf in search field.Althought it contained quite a lot of folders, it...
  3. Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enormous degradation in Windows Explorer performance: Hello,I ran into big problems when performing the simplest operation that worked just fine 20 years ago.I wanted just to find .pdf files in folders/subfolders of a particular folder. For that I just taped .pdf in search field.Althought it contained quite a lot of folders, it...
  4. Windows 10 Degraded Performance with 20H2 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Degraded Performance with 20H2 update.: Please Help! My windows 10 display looks blurry and its very slow now and the disk usage is always at 100% but just yesterday it was working fine with no issues. I just turned it on this morning and I don't know what to do anymore I've tried a reset but that doesn't work it...
  5. Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10

Degraded PC Performance - Windows 10: My Dell desktop PC w/ Windows 10 has runs slower and slower, until I have to reboot. The reboot is required at least once per day. This never used to be the case. It began happening about a month ago. I checked the memory w/ the Windows memory analyzer, which showed...
  6. System.Diagnostics.StackFrame performance degrade in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System.Diagnostics.StackFrame performance degrade in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If after you upgrade to Windows 10 or .NET Framework 4.7.1, and you notice a significant decrease in performance when you run .NET Framework applications that use the System.Diagnostics.StackFrame class, then this post might interest you. We will look at...
  7. Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop performance degraded after Windows 10 v1903 Update: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video players would lag quite a lot, windows explorer is also slow. Yesterday, I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 v1809 (because the...
  8. Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update

Laptop performance degraded after May 19 Update: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 v1903 a week ago. After that, the performance of my system slowly started to degrade, browsers would lag, video players lag almost every 30 seconds or so, windows explorer is also slow. Yesterday, I installed a clean copy of Windows 10 v1809...
  9. Windows 10 Performance Degradation

Windows 10 Performance Degradation: Hi, My PC is now 5 years old and its performance has been gradually degrading over the last few months until it is almost unusable. I am trying to determine if this is just because of its age, whether it's a hardware problem, a problem with Windows, or with some third-party...
  10. Startup performance degradation...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup performance degradation...: There's an app on my system that causes startup performance degradation: [img] The file name in the event viewer is "Devic" and in details tab, the folder name displayed as "C:\Devic". This performance degradation does not happen every day and presumably, during the other...