Windows 10: PC Permanently in Update and Restart with nothing to install

Discus and support PC Permanently in Update and Restart with nothing to install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently my PC has become stuck in Update and Restart/ shut down, when I go to power off, although there is nothing pending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidB at#8, May 8, 2021.

1. PC Permanently in Update and Restart with nothing to install

Recently my PC has become stuck in Update and Restart/ shut down, when I go to power off, although there is nothing pending installation.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Windows OS inf.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Either choice makes no difference nor does the notification go awayI have to press the computer power switch to bypass this nuisance.Clues to cause and solution would be very much appreciated. David B

:)

DavidB at#8, May 8, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC Permanently in Update and Restart with nothing to install :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 8, 2021
  3. How to remove old installed driver permanently?

Hi,

I would suggest you follow the below steps to permanently remove the Bluetooth drivers.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to windows icon and type device manager

Step 2:

Under Device manager expand Bluetooth

Step 3:

Right-click on the Bluetooth device for which you want to uninstall the drivers permanently

Step 4:

Then click on Properties and select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Under drivers tab Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Uninstall Device prompt Tick the box next to Delete the driver software for this device

Step 7:

Click Uninstall & then restart the PC

Step 8:

Restart the PC again and then plug the new Bluetooth device

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, May 8, 2021
  4. PC Permanently in Update and Restart with nothing to install

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 8, 2021
Thema:

PC Permanently in Update and Restart with nothing to install

1. PC Permanently in Update and Restart with nothing to install - Similar Threads - Permanently Update Restart

2. Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens: So i just built my new pc and im installing windows 10 through installation media. I checked first that everything worked and then proceeded to run the instalaltion process. it runs normally and askes for the system to be restarted. After restart nothing happens the fans on...
  3. Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens: So i just built my new pc and im installing windows 10 through installation media. I checked first that everything worked and then proceeded to run the instalaltion process. it runs normally and askes for the system to be restarted. After restart nothing happens the fans on...
  4. Installing windows with USB on new pc, asks for restart then nothing happens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  6. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?: Please instruct on how to permanently disable auto-update and restart for lab pc which needs to stay on unless told otherwise, operating system is Windows 10? I have tried other solutions which only worked partially or temporarily....
  7. Permanently disable auto-updates and restart on Window 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. PC Permanently in Install and Restart with nothing to install

PC Permanently in Install and Restart with nothing to install: Recently my PC has become stuck in Update and Restart/ shut down, when I go to power off, although there is nothing pending installation. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>System inf.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I have to press the computer power switch to bypass this nuisance.Clues to cause and solution...
  9. How to permanently disable "Restart to finish update prompt"?

How to permanently disable "Restart to finish update prompt"?: Hi Everyone, I am currently on version 1909 and my computer has failed to update to version 2004 multiple times. It is running on Windows 10 Home. A bit of background info: I added an SSD to my Acer Swift SF113-31 last year and migrated the operating system to that SSD....
  10. Nothing responds on my PC after restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing responds on my PC after restart: More than 50% of my restarts. My PC becomes unresponsive. A couple start up programs will load then after 10 seconds nothing loads anymore. Chrome tabs stop loading. Programs that have already started don’t respond to any input. No programs will start up. What’s more scary...