Windows 10: PC possibly infected by recycler (?) virus

Discus and support PC possibly infected by recycler (?) virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, this afternoon as soon as I plugged in my laptop (which runs knon windows 10 fully updated) my usb drive (which I used to transfer some data from a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by .CG, Nov 19, 2019.

1. .CG
    .CG Win User

PC possibly infected by recycler (?) virus

Hi, this afternoon as soon as I plugged in my laptop (which runs knon windows 10 fully updated) my usb drive (which I used to transfer some data from a pc which ran on windows xp) my antivirus (365 security) went full alarm revealing several virus among which I noticed a couple trojans and something called Recycler. I selected the "Repair and scan drive" option, then accidentally removed the pen while the scan was being initialized. I replugged the drive and started a new scan, which revealed nothing. When I checked for the content of the drive, I noticed a new (empty) folder called "RECYCLER" which I straightforwardly deleted (and it didn't go to the bin but was apparently deleted directly).

I then ran two complete scans with 365 antivirus and RogueKiller, nothing was found. Tomorrow I'm running the Windows MSRT to triple check.

I actually think my antivirus was able to find and block any virus revealed before it could do any real damage, but how can I check?

I'm especially worried about that Recycler thing, since I haven't been able to find much information about what it does and how to avoid it. (Some even claim it's not a virus, some make it look like the worst of every possible evil... I'm perplexed.)

Thank you in advance,

CG

:)

2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Nov 19, 2019
  3. PC Infected with Virus

Depends. Sometimes you can run it in safe mode. Another trick is renaming the .exe when installing and renaming it again when running it so it is not recognized by the virus.

DonInKansas, Nov 19, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

PC Infected with Virus

My boss isn't great with computers and clicked a link in an email she shouldn't have, now the PC is infected with one of those things asking for credit card info to buy anti virus software. I wasn't in the office today so I didn't get to look at it myself, but I told her to boot into safe mode and try system restore, it didn't work though and the virus/program still ran.

Usually in these cases, I just would reinstall Windows to make sure everything is clean. But she has data on this hard drive that can't be lost. When I go in tomorrow, I was going to see if I can copy the data to an external while in safe mode. I don't think it'll work, but I'll give it a shot.

I *think* I have a second internal hard drive at my office. Could I put this in the PC, install Windows on it, boot into the clean Windows then copy the files from the hard drive with the infected Windows?

Any suggestions how I should best deal with this?

OrbitzXT, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. PC possibly infected by recycler (?) virus - Similar Threads - possibly infected recycler

2. Possible virus on Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible virus on Pc: I have had my computer for 4 days now and I did a full threat/virus scan because my pc had a force restart after installing rgb fusion…there was over 450,000 files installed.I play Assetto Corsa and download mods from google,could this play a role into why I have to many...
  3. Possible virus on Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible virus on Pc: I have had my computer for 4 days now and I did a full threat/virus scan because my pc had a force restart after installing rgb fusion…there was over 450,000 files installed.I play Assetto Corsa and download mods from google,could this play a role into why I have to many...
  4. Possibility of infecting a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possibility of infecting a virus: I decided to format my pc because of malware infection.If i create iso file to create a bootable USB on same machine, can the malware enter into the bootable USB and infect into machine that I am going to install windows after disk format ??...
  5. My PC Infected with Virus

My PC Infected with Virus: My laptop is not working. So bad that it runs csgo on lowest of lowest settings and still gets 30 fps. The reason why i came here though is for help ,my laptop has virus probably some new stuff that my free antivirus can't detect. Thus i have taken it upon myself to find a...
  6. is possible to get keyboard virus infected?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is possible to get keyboard virus infected?: This is very weird to mention that Keyboard get infected but here is situation just today i faced I am using Dell G3 laptop past week my laptop keyboard "W" key psychically got damage so i started to use USB keyboard but today i face very weird problem where i type anything...
  7. Possible virus infection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible virus infection: I was stupid enough to plug into my computer an unknown drive. It had no files in it, but it weighed about 15GB, which is making me really worried. I unplugged it, restarted the computer and am now running a Windows Security full virus scan (the default Windows antivirus)....
  8. Possible infection of pc

Possible infection of pc: Having ended a scam telephone call from 'Microsoft', the next time I turned on my pc I saw (very briefly) a black window in the middle of the screen, with what appeared to me to be programming language typed on it. Of course, this might be a coincidence. Any opinions or...
  9. Possible infected PC

Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...
  10. Possible infected PC

Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...