Windows 10: PC POST BOOT SCREEN

Discus and support PC POST BOOT SCREEN in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have just built my very first pc ever, and have gotten to post with no issue, however after using my USB stick to install windows 10 to my SSD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xStarGazerr, Apr 10, 2020.

1. PC POST BOOT SCREEN

So I have just built my very first pc ever, and have gotten to post with no issue, however after using my USB stick to install windows 10 to my SSD, the pc restarted and during the time it was "getting everything ready" it reset again and now whenever it boots up instead of going to the windows setup, my PC stays on the boot screen with an error message that because my pc reset in the process I have to reset the pc and choose to start again, however whenever I allow the reset the error message is there again. Is there anything I could do to fix this issue????

:)

xStarGazerr, Apr 10, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    Perform these steps before posting about POST/boot/no video problems!

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Refer the steps mentioned below to restart the computer in Safe Mode:

1. On the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Advanced options.
    3. Click on StartupSettings and click on
      Restart.
    4. After the device restarts, you will see list of options. Select option
      5 or press F5 to boot the computer into
      Safe Mode with Networking

After restarting the computer in Safe mode, refer the steps mentioned in my earlier response to perform clean boot and see if the PC boots normally.

If the computer doesn't boot,
    I would also suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 10, 2020
  4. PC POST BOOT SCREEN

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

PC POST BOOT SCREEN

1. PC POST BOOT SCREEN - Similar Threads - POST BOOT SCREEN

2. PC not posting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not posting: pc not posting after trying to go to recovery using the after pc boots hold power button for 10 seconds and it said to do this 3 times and now my system won’t boot i’ve tried unplugging everything and still won’t post...
  3. PC not posting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not posting: pc not posting after trying to go to recovery using the after pc boots hold power button for 10 seconds and it said to do this 3 times and now my system won’t boot i’ve tried unplugging everything and still won’t post...
  4. PC not posting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc not Booting, posting, monitor and pc stays idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc not Booting, posting, monitor and pc stays idle.: I had this problem for almost a year now. First, whenever I want to boot my pc i always need to clear cmos and reseat my memory. i just leave the cmos slot open because it gets annoying everytime and its not mandatory anyways therefore i cant even change the bios settings. If...
  6. Pc not Booting, posting, monitor and pc stays idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not Booting, posting, monitor and pc stays idle.: I had this problem for almost a year now. First, whenever I want to boot my pc i always need to clear cmos and reseat my memory. i just leave the cmos slot open because it gets annoying everytime and its not mandatory anyways therefore i cant even change the bios settings. If...
  7. Pc not Booting, posting, monitor and pc stays idle.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  8. PC doesn't boot or post anymore after an empty green screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC doesn't boot or post anymore after an empty green screen: Just like the title says, my pc just went to a complete green screen while I was playing days gone which I just finished downloading a few hours before. As soon as I got into the game menu, the pc froze to a green screen. No sounds, nothing....
  9. Black screen, Now PC won't post.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen, Now PC won't post.: B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 3600x GTX 1660 Super Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3200mhz Getting red CPU LED on motherboard. Have reseated RAM and CPU. Have also Removed CMOS battery Was having problems before with my PC BSOD, won't post I got new RAM and installed a...
  10. No posting at start/booting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No posting at start/booting: I had just reset Windows 10, as I am going to sell this pc. I waited for Windows to go through all the reset/reinstall process, but I stopped where it asks you to use your MS account. I figured that if the OS was already installed, and Windows was going to be used by someone...