Windows 10: PC power button won't turn on

Discus and support PC power button won't turn on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I am having this problem for a while. I have a computer that is 7 years old, although old I am still able to do work with it perfectly until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ryuga Ryu, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Ryuga Ryu Win User

PC power button won't turn on

So, I am having this problem for a while. I have a computer that is 7 years old, although old I am still able to do work with it perfectly until there's a problem. I shut down my computer when I'm not using, but when I try to turn it on by pressing the power button sometimes it doesn't work. Also, sometimes I have to hold on for few seconds to turn on and sometime it won't even turn on. I have no issue with the power supply and everything else works since I'm using this computer to write this question, it just that sometime the power button doesn't turn on when I press it. So, is there a way to fix it? I watched a video on the YouTube that the battery on the motherboard might be the cause that the power button doesn't work, here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2IGjNsaY7E.

So, is it the battery or something else? anything helps as long as I can fix my problem as soon as possible before it turn into something big.

Thank you.

:)

Ryuga Ryu, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Smitty W. Win User

Unplugging power cord and holding the power button. PC won't turn on

Okay so I attempted to fix a Windows 10 usb problem by following a month old forum. The instructions were:

1. Unplug the power cord from desktop computer.
    2. Hold in the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds until the light goes off. This kills the reserve power.
    3. Unplug all of your USB cords from the back of your machine as well as any flash drive or any other USB
      device that is plugged into your computer.
    4. Insert the power plug back into your computer and power it up. Allow it to completely load everything
      that it needs to before you do anything else.
    5. Now start plugging your USB devices back into your computer one at a time while waiting for them to
      indicate that they are recognized. Do this with each one of your devices until all have been recognized.
    6. Now right/click on computer or This PC and choose Manage / Device Manager /USB Serial Controllers and
      check to see if any of them have the yellow tag. They should not have if the problem is corrected.

Unfortunately I only got to Step 4, when I press the power button nothing turns on. So now I'm at a complete loss. The only thing that seems to turn on though, would be the lights to my led keyboard when I plug it in. Anyways, how do I fix/turn on my PC again?

Here's a link to the forum: SOLVED - Unknown USB device in Windows 10

Smitty W., Nov 22, 2018
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

PC doesn't power down after holding power button for 4 seconds

The power button on a PC is temporary push switch. It makes contact as long as you hold the button down. Quick press and release triggers a smart relay on the MB to turn on or off, depending on default or OS state, such as cold on, sleep on, turn off, sleep off, etc. Holding the button down for a long time is a default hardware power kill switch. If it's not working, suspect the MB. Reset the BIOS is a good suggestion, but prolly won't work.

Sasqui, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

1. PC power button won't turn on - Similar Threads - power button won't

2. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  3. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  4. PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse: my pc tuns on, fan working normal but wont boot, no display then no power on my keyboard and mouse. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turns-on-wont-boot-no-display-no-power-on/e98c7dfc-ae98-4670-a6ea-e6c2a771aa98
  5. PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse

PC turns on, won't boot, no display, no power on keybord and mouse: my pc tuns on, fan working normal but wont boot, no display then no power on my keyboard and mouse. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turns-on-wont-boot-no-display-no-power-on/e98c7dfc-ae98-4670-a6ea-e6c2a771aa98
  6. How to turn pc monitor on after holding monitor power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn pc monitor on after holding monitor power button: I was on my computer and a lock symbol appeared so I looked it up to find to get rid of it and got the wrong button confused with the montior power button and held it for 10 seconds and now it's powers on normally but it just shows a black screen no matter how many times I...
  7. How to turn pc monitor on after holding monitor power button

How to turn pc monitor on after holding monitor power button: I was on my computer and a lock symbol appeared so I looked it up to find to get rid of it and got the wrong button confused with the montior power button and held it for 10 seconds and now it's powers on normally but it just shows a black screen no matter how many times I...
  8. PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't go to sleep - Fixed Feature Power Button: Hi recently my laptop won't go to sleep, after one second is back from sleep saying that the power button was the trigger for waking up. [img] I tried everything that I saw in similar post all over the forums. All the drivers updated Turn of all wake timers and allow...
  9. PC Delayed to power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Delayed to power button: so. first of all my pc is i7 4790k msi guard pro mobo gtx 970 msi 16gb ram seasonic 620 evo i have an AVR when i press the avr i click the power button it doesnt start up no fans or anything untill a second click it will start like 2 seconds later sorry for...
  10. PC won't turn on when case button is pressed

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't turn on when case button is pressed: Had a previous issue which is located here: Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) - Windows 10 Forums To tldr it was fixed by displaying all startup items and services. Had a freeze today and after that when I turned the PC off (via case switch) it wouldn't...