Windows 10: PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

Discus and support PC - Power Off - Sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057. After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ess1, Apr 18, 2019.

1. ess1 Win User

PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057.

After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain correct key used to turn off.

Appreciate assistance please.

Rgds.

:)

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 18, 2019
  4. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

Sleep mode no longer function on display power?

Hi,

Thank you for posting to our Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Please let us know whether you are able to see the sleep mode options by referring the following steps

1. In Search bar type Control panel

2. Select Power options

3. In power saver select change power settings and after that
    select Change advanced power settings in that check whether you can see the
    sleep mode.

Also refer the below link,

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

1. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Power Off Sleep

2. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  3. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  4. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep while PC power is cut off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep while PC power is cut off?: So this was a routine method for me: When going to sleep, I put my PC to sleep too and after waiting a few minutes turned off power switch on the back of my PC so my cat couldn't wake the PC etc. In the morning when turning it in back on and pressing a button on my keyboard...
  6. sleep power on and off

sleep power on and off: after updating my windows this week my laptop powers on and off very slowly? I have tried to adjust with no change ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-power-on-and-off/66abdead-8a31-4f67-a6bb-1f99a117e0e7
  7. sleep and power on /off

sleep and power on /off: Laptop shutdown takes lot of time and also to wake from the sleep mode.This happens due to the recent update in windows 10. I wish to get a nice response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-power-on-off/fa1e0d3e-6170-41c2-8d42-247297d66daa
  8. Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode

Computer shuts down powers off in sleep mode: After my computer enters sleep mode for some time it will automatically shut down or power off rather than just remaining in sleep mode. it is a Dell XPS Studio 9100 running Windows 10. I have checked power settings and can't find any obvious problems. Any ideas on solving...
  9. PC Power off/sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Power off/sleep: Windows will not let my PC power off or go into 'sleep' mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-power-offsleep/85539172-e49a-47f8-bb69-19fee5d1aae2
  10. Powering off when I use sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powering off when I use sleep mode: For the past 2 weeks or so, I've had an issue where my Windows 10 Pro desktop will fully power off when I put it in sleep mode. I didn't modify any power settings before the issue began. It also only seems to happen after being in sleep mode for a certain period of time. If I...