Windows 10: PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

Discus and support PC - Power Off - Sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057. After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ess1, Apr 18, 2019.

1. ess1 Win User

PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057.

After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain correct key used to turn off.

Appreciate assistance please.

Rgds.

:)

2. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 18, 2019
  4. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

Sleep mode no longer function on display power?

Hi,

Thank you for posting to our Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Please let us know whether you are able to see the sleep mode options by referring the following steps

1. In Search bar type Control panel

2. Select Power options

3. In power saver select change power settings and after that
    select Change advanced power settings in that check whether you can see the
    sleep mode.

Also refer the below link,

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

1. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode - Similar Threads - Power Off Sleep

2. PC awakes from sleep and in 1-2 sec. powers back off.....

in Windows 10 Support
    PC awakes from sleep and in 1-2 sec. powers back off.....: At WAKEUP from SLEEP, flashing power LED will go solid green , fans will spring to life for approx. 1-2 sec. and then immediately power OFF. Mouse, keyboard, power and reset buttons have no effect. Only option is to switch off power strip for a second or so and then reboot....
  3. PC Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Sleep Mode: After a period of inactivity, my PC goes into a mode where it shows pictures from my files. This is fine and I like this feature. However, this seems to take place after one minute of inactivity. How can I lengthen the interval before this takes place?...
  4. PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.: Recently my ethernet connection from desktop to the router shuts off whenever the pc enters sleep mode, or if I power it down. Never used to do this. Tried changing the power mgt settings for the Reattec controller device manager but no luck. Work-around is to never enter...
  5. Power outage while PC in sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power outage while PC in sleep: My PC suffered a power Outage while it was in sleep mode. When power came back, I started it up and it was running very slow, could not even get Task Master to work. Re Boot and screen message said a disk cleanup was necessary. When that did not work, went to USB startup disk...
  6. PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Hard Power Off - No BSOD: So I believe this has happened at least twice this week, but basically my PC is just powering off, then restarting as if it has lost power. No BSOD. No clean shutdown. At first I thought the power in my house blinked, but it happened again today and no one else's PC shut off....
  7. Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors Switch Off In Sleep Mode: Can anyone advise please? I have created a shortcut to enable me to put my computer into sleep mode without the power button. I am trying to find a way that I can keep my monitors in sleep mode too. They go into sleep mode and then after about twenty to thirty seconds...
  8. In sleep mode, does the PSU power down?

In sleep mode, does the PSU power down?: I thought this would be an easy question to answer, but I'm stymied by Google and all I've found, here, is "how to", not, "this happens to your hardware". The computer goes to sleep - all fans inactive - and it wakes, just fine. I know the monitors - I have 3 - go into sleep...
  9. High power usage in sleep mode

High power usage in sleep mode: In W10 when I leave my laptop in sleep mode overnight, it uses about 10% of battery life. In windows 7 it was way less, to the point that it wasn't even noticeable. Any idea where I should start looking? I have a Thinkpad X220T 40792
  10. Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off

Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off: When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off. Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off. I checked the network adapter for the...