Windows 10: PC Power off/sleep

Discus and support PC Power off/sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows will not let my PC power off or go into 'sleep' mode.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Guidoandco, Apr 3, 2020.

1. PC Power off/sleep

Windows will not let my PC power off or go into 'sleep' mode.

:)

Guidoandco, Apr 3, 2020

2. Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Power supply getting OFF while putting the PC on Sleep mode.

Hi Michael,

I will certainly help you with the Power issues facing with Windows 10.

This might occurred due to the invalid power settings on the PC.

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run
    power Troubleshooter.

• In the search box, type
      troubleshooting.

• Click on view all, select
      power.

• Click on next and follow the instruction.

Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Please follow the
    steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then
      Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Please get back to us if you still required further assistance. We are glad to assist.

Thank you.

Danny Kishan, Apr 3, 2020
  4. PC Power off/sleep

sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

PC Power off/sleep

1. PC Power off/sleep - Similar Threads - Power off sleep

2. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  3. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  4. Sleep and power on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Pc is not going to sleep and is not going to power off to?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc is not going to sleep and is not going to power off to?!: Hello,i got a pc with windows 11 and is not going to sleep or switch it off only if i take the power cord out or powersupply off!!Please help me!here is what cmd says:...
  6. My Pc is not going to sleep and is not going to power off to?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc is not going to sleep and is not going to power off to?!: Hello,i got a pc with windows 11 and is not going to sleep or switch it off only if i take the power cord out or powersupply off!!Please help me!here is what cmd says:...
  7. Sleep while PC power is cut off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep while PC power is cut off?: So this was a routine method for me: When going to sleep, I put my PC to sleep too and after waiting a few minutes turned off power switch on the back of my PC so my cat couldn't wake the PC etc. In the morning when turning it in back on and pressing a button on my keyboard...
  8. sleep power on and off

sleep power on and off: after updating my windows this week my laptop powers on and off very slowly? I have tried to adjust with no change ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-power-on-and-off/66abdead-8a31-4f67-a6bb-1f99a117e0e7
  9. sleep and power on /off

sleep and power on /off: Laptop shutdown takes lot of time and also to wake from the sleep mode.This happens due to the recent update in windows 10. I wish to get a nice response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-power-on-off/fa1e0d3e-6170-41c2-8d42-247297d66daa
  10. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC - Power Off - Sleep mode: 10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057. After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain correct key used to turn off. Appreciate assistance please. Rgds. 131083