Windows 10: PC power shut off when idle

Discus and support PC power shut off when idle in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Lenovo all in one PC starts to shut off when idle a few days ago. Power supply is OK. Had a power outage a few days ago but I have surge protection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LauraChung, Mar 6, 2019.

1. PC power shut off when idle

My Lenovo all in one PC starts to shut off when idle a few days ago. Power supply is OK. Had a power outage a few days ago but I have surge protection and UPS, so don't think that caused it. Don't remember whether that happened right after the power outage. If this is a heat related issue, how do I check whether the fan is working properly? Put my hand to the vent area, don't feel that it's hot. Please help. Power setting is: only turn display off, didn't even put it to sleep.

:)

LauraChung, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Mar 6, 2019
  3. JanVail2 Win User
    Windows 10 shutting down at idle

My computer shuts down when left idle for 3 minutes or so. I have set all the settings to NEVER turn off. It still does. I can be working on something and thinking, then I have to log back in to continue. This is very frustrating. I have tried all
    the suggestions on resetting the power settings. Can you help?

JanVail2, Mar 6, 2019
  4. PC power shut off when idle

Computer shuts down when idle

You're getting a little closer to finding the rogue program. It not only shuts down Windows when idle but it also interferes with msconfig. The next step is obvious: Run msconfig while in Safe Mode.

Frederik Long, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

PC power shut off when idle

1. PC power shut off when idle - Similar Threads - power shut off

2. Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down: So a few moments ago my pc was updating to windows 11 but I accidentally powered it off during the update now when i go to turn it on again it shuts off and powers on over and over i cant even see the monitor turn on bc it’s happening so quick is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down: So a few moments ago my pc was updating to windows 11 but I accidentally powered it off during the update now when i go to turn it on again it shuts off and powers on over and over i cant even see the monitor turn on bc it’s happening so quick is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have try just about everything but I am still having the same issue as before. Microsoft does not help solve it....
  6. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Dear Microsoft support center, Since the computer downloaded one of your updates, I have been having issues with my laptop computer. The screen saver mode doesn’t work, and the screen remains on when it is on idle windows 10. I have tried step by step what Microsoft...
  7. pc will not power up unless electrical power shut off. why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc will not power up unless electrical power shut off. why: within the last day or two, i had shut down my dell pc. then yesterday when I pressed the power button on the dell tower, nothing happened. It appeared that the pc didnot turn on. I then unplugged the tower, display and printer from the power source. waited 10 seconds and...
  8. Shut down/Power off

Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  9. Computer shuts down when idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when idle: Hi. Right after installing yesterday’s Windows Updates, my computer started shutting down after being idle (or as soon as the screensaver came on). I’ve run Avast! and Maleware Bytes — both are clear, and I’ve tried clearing my browsers’ cache. Nothing seems to work....
  10. Computer shuts down when idle?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when idle?: have made sure that all the settings i can find in power options for shutting the PC down when idle are either set to never or disabled but must have missed something somewhere? after 20 minutes or so the PC shuts itself off..... any ideas? I originally suspected a non...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. idle turn off pc program