Windows 10: pc prob. surface 1769 typing other keys

Discus and support pc prob. surface 1769 typing other keys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/noobedHaha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md37bc/pc_prob_surface_1769_typing_other_keys/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noobedHaha, Mar 25, 2021.

1. pc prob. surface 1769 typing other keys

/u/noobedHaha, Mar 25, 2021

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Mar 25, 2021
  3. How to use a Brightness key on Surface Keyboard with PC

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Have you tried pressing [Fn key + Del] to increase or the
      [Fn key + Backspace] buttons to decrease the display brightness?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 25, 2021
  4. pc prob. surface 1769 typing other keys

Surface Pro 4 screen active when type cover closed and external monitor in use.

I have the issue with the screen coming back on and so do others: screen surface pro 2017 turns on after typecover closed

AndyfromFL, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

pc prob. surface 1769 typing other keys

1. pc prob. surface 1769 typing other keys - Similar Threads - prob surface 1769

2. Editing probs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing probs: I have edited a video of 14 + minuted in clip champ and exported. Now I would like to add some more scenes,overlays and intro outro etc. As the time line does not stretch frame by frame, I cannot add these scenes in to the exact place where I would like to have it .* Changed...
  3. probs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  4. probs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    probs: why after all these years are u saying my windows is counterfit i purchased the comp and windows at store down loaded myself dont have the box anymore 25 years ago should i change to apple cant get a direct contact with the REAL microsoft will change comp and server I wantb a...
  5. Random “clicking” when typing quickly/repeat keys on Surface Type Cover

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random “clicking” when typing quickly/repeat keys on Surface Type Cover: Hey guys! I’m trying to help a friend with their Surface Type Cover on a Surface Pro running Win10. It makes a weird clicking (from the speaker, not the physical keys) when typing very quickly, or holding down a key and it repeats that character. It doesn’t do this with every...
  6. hdd probs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hdd probs: i have 2 external usb hdds connected after update drive k becomes drive l and vice versa remove either and nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdd-probs/1f5fc101-371d-4294-9d3f-f848c5a0a505
  7. Ram prob

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram prob: So the prob is that i have 4gb ram on the pc &when i lunch a game and the go to desktop and open task manager i see that the game is using about 1800 mb and shows that 96%of my ram is in use the issue is that i have 4g. Which means 4000 mb. Of ram even thought some times...
  8. prob with typing n sending back to home scrren

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    prob with typing n sending back to home scrren: I will be typing and my computer automatically goes back to home screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prob-with-typing-n-sending-back-to-home-scrren/f6313bd5-e5d0-4a3a-afda-3b62fb1fbf65
  9. Nvidia probs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia probs: trying to get media streaming working on Think Pad, changed something and now can't see second monitor. Seems like something to do with Nvidia modes.mething in Nvidea https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-probs/49229602-7341-4c2e-9e19-0257fedc8a76
  10. Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface model 1769 BSOD all troubleshooting suggestions including factory reset fail: All troubleshooting steps fail My Surface laptop shut down with a BSOD on start up. It had not been used for two days. No installs, or other Windows changes had been made. (A Windows update may have taken place). The laptop has never had any issues previous to this issue...