Windows 10: PC problems starting and sleeping after Windows 10 update

Discus and support PC problems starting and sleeping after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone My Windows 10 update completed yesterday creating two problems. 1 When turning on my PC, it gets stuck on the black screen with blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CyberByker, Dec 19, 2020.

1. PC problems starting and sleeping after Windows 10 update

Hi everyone

My Windows 10 update completed yesterday creating two problems.

1 When turning on my PC, it gets stuck on the black screen with blue window and no spinning dots. I have to turn the PC off and back on again using the power button to get it to start up normally.

2 Secondly after I wake my PC from sleep, the monitor stays black even though the PC is awake with lights on and fans working. I I have to turn the PC off and back on again using the power buttonTWICE to get it to start up normally. The reason it's twice is because the PC gets stuck again on the black screen with blue window and no spinning dots. So for the second time, I have to turn the PC off and back on again using the power button to get it to start up normally.
    This has happened EVERY time windows 10 has forced me to update andEVERY time I've had to roll back to previous build. Usually everything is fine for quite a long time until I'm forced to update again.....until now. After rolling back last week, Windows 10 forced me to update again yesterday bringing back the same annoying problems. I'm worried that constantly turning my PC on and off with the power switch will damage it. And I've not been able to turn off updates.

Any help gratefully received!

Thanks

:)

CyberByker, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

PC problems starting and sleeping after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

PC problems starting and sleeping after Windows 10 update

1. PC problems starting and sleeping after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - problems starting sleeping

2. PC not going to sleep, after choose it in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not going to sleep, after choose it in start menu: My pc doesn't sleep after I clicked "sleep" in start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-not-going-to-sleep-after-choose-it-in-start/3415367b-d2c7-4e0e-b6e1-194ee6400410
  3. after update pc keeps sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after update pc keeps sleeping: i updated windows 11 last night before going to bed. i got up and checked it and it now keeps going to sleep even though i have every thing set to never go to sleep. very frustrating and i can't find a solution online...
  4. after update pc keeps sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after update pc keeps sleeping: i updated windows 11 last night before going to bed. i got up and checked it and it now keeps going to sleep even though i have every thing set to never go to sleep. very frustrating and i can't find a solution online...
  5. After Windows 10 update, PC won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    After Windows 10 update, PC won't start: I have a custom built PC running Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Version 2004 (build 19041.630) - last build before the update. Until this latest update from Microsoft, I have not had any problems. My PC has a 3.40 GHz Intel Core i5-3570K cpu, 32 GB memory, 2 450GB SSD drives,...
  6. Problem with Sleep mode after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with Sleep mode after update: So pre-update i'd leave apps running and enter sleep mode they would keep running which is what i wanted. post update the apps are put on pause and only resume when turned back on. So is there a way to fix this or if not reverse the update. Really don't like it when the...
  7. Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem when Waking the pc after Sleep: After putting my desktop pc to sleep, I used to Wake it up again by pressing the large 'Enter' button on my Keyboard. Now, this doesn't work for me and I have to press the main 'Power' button. I have tried HP's Keyboard Trouble shooter, and windows Trouble shooter but cannot...
  8. Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates problems after Fresh Start: Running Windows 10 Home Edition (since Fresh Start, it says Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.447). I've just spent hours backing up, opting for Fresh Restart and selecting the keep nothing option. I was actually intending to do a clean install from a media usb I created ages...
  9. problem after pc is sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem after pc is sleeping: Hello, I have a small problem. I just had my pc repaired by Geek Squad at Best Buy. Usually when I have my slideshow of pictures going while the pc sleeps I usually push enter to get to my login. Today I got my slide show back on my pc. I pushed enter to get to my login but...
  10. Windows start Problem after April update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows start Problem after April update: Wife's Win10 Home laptop after the update, unable to use the Windows start key or button on keyboard Taskbar is empty except for Task View button. Unable to get to Action center and restored a backup I had in March and same problem again a Digital clock work not load also...