Windows 10: PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update

Discus and support PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC using Windows 10 Home has an old @hotmail address as the administrator and my Microsoft account profile has two @gmail accounts one is an alias... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BB_840, Aug 5, 2022.

1. BB_840 Win User

PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update

My PC using Windows 10 Home has an old @hotmail address as the administrator and my Microsoft account profile has two @gmail accounts one is an alias and an Xbox account. I want both my PC and my overall Microsoft account to recognize each other. But when I try to add the @hotmail account to the overall Microsoft account as an alias, I get an error message that basically says that domain is already being used. How can I marry these accounts or solve this problem. I'm not that Windows saavy and I'm worried about changing my PC administrator account and replacing it with one of the @gmail

:)

BB_840, Aug 5, 2022

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Aug 5, 2022
  3. difference between microsoft account and user profile

Any created user will have a user profile, regardless of whether they use a local account or a Microsoft account.
    Deleting a user account (removing them) from a PC does not delete the Microsoft Account you setup online. The user profile for that user is gone "on that PC" though as far as I know.
    Deleting your Microsoft Account online, has no effect on the e-mail account you used with it. As far as I know anyway. I don't use Hotmail though. I use my ISP provided pop3 account. And I've changed that in my Microsoft Account when I switched ISP's.

alphanumeric, Aug 5, 2022
  4. PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update

profile/gamertag

Hi Fiona,

The email address that you used to create your child's Xbox Live account should be the same as the email address that you will use to log in on Windows 10. Once you are logged in to the same email address, it will show the same Xbox Profile, gamerscore and
    achievements.

To better assist you with your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Is there an email address attached to your child's account on the Xbox 360?
    • Did you create a new Microsoft Account or email address for the Child account online?

If the child account on Xbox 360 is not attached to an email address, follow the steps on this

link
    to connect an offline profile to a Microsoft Account and join Xbox Live.

If it is already connected to an email address in your Xbox 360, you can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to change the email.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update

1. PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update - Similar Threads - profile different Microsoft

2. Removing Microsoft account from administrator profile on pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Microsoft account from administrator profile on pc: I am attempting to remove my Microsoft account from my Administrator Account, but despite my efforts to explore all available options, I have been unable to do so. Unfortunately, I have found Microsoft's services to be lacking in this regard. I have observed that my Microsoft...
  3. Removing Microsoft account from administrator profile on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft account from administrator profile on pc: I am attempting to remove my Microsoft account from my Administrator Account, but despite my efforts to explore all available options, I have been unable to do so. Unfortunately, I have found Microsoft's services to be lacking in this regard. I have observed that my Microsoft...
  4. Removing Microsoft account from administrator profile on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update: My PC using Windows 10 Home has an old @hotmail address as the administrator and my Microsoft account profile has two @gmail accounts one is an alias and an Xbox account. I want both my PC and my overall Microsoft account to recognize each other. But when I try to add the...
  6. PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update

PC profile different from Microsoft Account profile, can't update: My PC using Windows 10 Home has an old @hotmail address as the administrator and my Microsoft account profile has two @gmail accounts one is an alias and an Xbox account. I want both my PC and my overall Microsoft account to recognize each other. But when I try to add the...
  7. Removing microsoft account from administrator profile on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing microsoft account from administrator profile on pc: Good dayI have been trying to remove my microsoft account from the administator profile of a work pc.When i go into setting and then accounts then email and account it does not give the remove option.I have not found any other way to remove rhe account if someone can please...
  8. Removing microsoft account from administrator profile on pc

Removing microsoft account from administrator profile on pc: Good dayI have been trying to remove my microsoft account from the administator profile of a work pc.When i go into setting and then accounts then email and account it does not give the remove option.I have not found any other way to remove rhe account if someone can please...
  9. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...
  10. difference between microsoft account and user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    difference between microsoft account and user profile: Hello.I have windows 10 build 1703.I am confused about differences between microsoft account and user profile.When i am searching or i have a porblem , i don't know which term should I do for the search.So i have some questions: 1) are the same? 2) Can i permanently delete...