Windows 10: PC prompting me to allow ss3svc64.exe to run at startup. What should I do?

Discus and support PC prompting me to allow ss3svc64.exe to run at startup. What should I do? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have previously read that the program is connected to Sonic Suite 3. I am not familiar with the program BUT when I check task manager, I do see that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Ec, Nov 19, 2019.

1. John Ec Win User

PC prompting me to allow ss3svc64.exe to run at startup. What should I do?

I have previously read that the program is connected to Sonic Suite 3. I am not familiar with the program BUT when I check task manager, I do see that it is running at startup. I do not see it installed under Programs so I cannot uninstall it from there. I have right-clicked Sonic Suite 3 from the startup location in Task Manager and it is installed under C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\Sonic Suite 3\Foundation.

Is it possible that it actually isn't installed but is set to install when I approve the setup? Maybe it spawned off another program that I was using? I really don't want to allow it to install just so I can uninstall it. The only Asus item in my home-built PC is a peripheral monitor Asus PQ27Q monitor so I don't think the program in question would have anything to do with video drivers for that, correct?

If someone can please tell me what to do to get rid of this annoying prompt every time I restart, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

:)

John Ec, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Bastet Win User

EXE in Startup folder not running

I have the same problem with MS works calendar reminder, the .exe is listed in the startup folder but at the time specified for the reminder it doesn't show the reminder pop-up.
    Tbh this was also a problem under Win 7 & 8/8.1 but rectified it by copying the alarm/calendar reminder .exe to the startup folder, this doesn't work with 10.

Bastet, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User

Hello Arthur, PC prompting me to allow ss3svc64.exe to run at startup. What should I do? :)

By default, Windows will not allow any program to run elevated at startup for security reasons.

You could use the tutorial below to create an elevated shortcut of this program, then place the elevated shortcut in your Startup folder. The program will then run elevated at startup without getting a UAC prompt.

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Hello BReeves, PC prompting me to allow ss3svc64.exe to run at startup. What should I do? :)

If the program requires to run as administrator, then that is the issue. By default, Windows will not allow any program to run elevated at startup for security reasons.

However, you could use the tutorial below to create an elevated shortcut of this program, then place the elevated shortcut in your Startup folder. The program will then run elevated at startup without getting a UAC prompt.

Elevated Program Shortcut without UAC Prompt - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

Brink, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. PC prompting me to allow ss3svc64.exe to run at startup. What should I do? - Similar Threads - prompting allow ss3svc64

2. what should I do? please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should I do? please help me: failed upload screenshot, I don't know whyedition windows 10 proprocessor : IntelR CoreTM i3-10100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzinstalled ram : 8.00 GBsystem type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorin my device manager has 4 yellow exclamation1. PCI Device2. PCI Device3....
  3. what should I do? please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what should I do? please help me: failed upload screenshot, I don't know whyedition windows 10 proprocessor : IntelR CoreTM i3-10100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzinstalled ram : 8.00 GBsystem type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorin my device manager has 4 yellow exclamation1. PCI Device2. PCI Device3....
  4. what should I do? please help me

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked?: What should I change to allow me to install a program that is being blocked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-should-i-change-to-allow-me-to-install-a/69e26390-9656-412c-ae29-5e21d77977bf
  6. How Do I Get Windows 10 To Allow .bat & .exe Files @ Startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Get Windows 10 To Allow .bat & .exe Files @ Startup?: Sorry, if I posted this in the wrong place! Until recently, Windows 10 would allow a .bat plus a .exe file to run, during startup. This was what I wanted, because the .bat file would start a needed .exe program. Yet, approximately 5 days ago, I had to switch software -...
  7. Copying exe into system32 folder no longer allows me to run that exe without typing path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying exe into system32 folder no longer allows me to run that exe without typing path...: In the past, If I wanted to run a program like "procexp.exe" from the RUN box without having to type the entire folder path to the executable, I would first copy the exe into "c:\windows\system32" folder. This no longer works for me. Am I right? Did an update disable...
  8. ss3svc64.exe at start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    ss3svc64.exe at start up: My ASUS PC was requesting ss3svc64.exe be allowed to make changes at start up. IT uninstalled sonic suite. Now I have no sound. Could that be because sonic suite was uninstalled?...
  9. EXE in Startup folder not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXE in Startup folder not running: Just don't know if it's really worth the trouble, seems like just one issue after another. Latest is I wrote a program that runs on windows 10 just fine from a shortcut on the desktop. I copied the shortcut to the startup folder for my account and did all the compatibility...
  10. Allowing standard users to run exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Allowing standard users to run exe: Hi guys, All our domain users are logged in as standard users, hence they cannot run .exe file. I want all users to allow a software application which runs only with an .exe file extension. How Can i achieve it?? 69178

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ss3svc64 at login

2. ss3svc64.exe always needing permission

3. sonic suite 2 harrassing me every time windows starts

4. ss3svc64.exe on startup