Windows 10: PC random crashing Blue- / Blackscreen

Discus and support PC random crashing Blue- / Blackscreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, in the last few weeks I got many crashes with my PC and I have no clue how to fix them. Hardware: Mainboard: B350M PRO-VDH CPU: AMD Ryzen 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Luca49, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Luca49 Win User

PC random crashing Blue- / Blackscreen

Hello, in the last few weeks I got many crashes with my PC and I have no clue how to fix them.

Hardware:
    Mainboard: B350M PRO-VDH
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
    Cooler: Ben Nevis Advanced

RAM: 16GB 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 - 3200

GPU: GTX 1060

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-550

Drives:

- Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 250GB

- Samsung 860 Evo 250GB

- Crucial 240GB SSD

- 1TB HDD

Wifi Card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I

No OC and temps are good

This all started a few weeks ago when I installed new RAM and reintsalled windows. But I dont think its the RAM because I also didnt work with the old RAM.

The crashes are pretty randowm and I couldnt replicate them, sometimes its during games, but sometimes just browsing. And sometimes 10 times a day and on other days there is nothing for 4 days straight.

Most of the time when I get a crash, its like my internet is gone. For example when Im watching a stream it just doesnt load but I can still move my mouse and all. After a few secs my screen freezes and after another few secs the PC crashes, either a Blue or Blackscreen.

Bluescreen: Since I have reinstalled my windows recently I have just got one Bluescreen. Minidump File:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx5e86tc8gd4p4x/012521-36187-01.zip?dl=0

Blackscreen: These are more common than Bluescreens. When I get them the PC is still on but its just black. I have to turn my PC off via the power switch. In addition my CPU Debug LED on the mainboard lights up.

I suspected a driver problem with my wifi card or something, because as I said its like my internet is gone before it crashes.

But I tried all sort of different things:

I tried tools like SlimDrivers and Driver Booster

Checked all the Network drivers in windows

Installed Intel Driver & Support Assistant

Bios Update

Windows reinstall

Thanks in advance!

:)

Luca49, Jan 31, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Ricko66 Win User
    Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens

Since the end of July 2019 my apps and games (including windows services) have been crashing randomly, the windows event log lists these crashes with error 0xc0000005, here's an example for the game Verdun (other apps and games crash with the same error):

Faulting application name: Verdun.exe, version: 2019.2.4.15146, time stamp: 0x5d65bc48

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00003ffca4ea3081

Faulting process ID: 0x1760

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5859441ddbe1a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WW1GameSeries\Verdun\Verdun.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 47476bd7-22fa-4760-b22b-07598c183ba1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have also been having random blue screens with the errors PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I have used windows Driver Verifier and I managed to get some blue screens that point to the clipsp.sys driver but I don't think the content of the blue screen contains everything meaningful.

The crashes do not seem to happen in Safe Mode.

In the past months I have tried almost everything:

• Clean boot
    • Updated windows to latest version
    • Used all tools to check integrity or corruption like sfc, chkdsk, ecc.
    • Clean reinstalled windows multiple times
    • Replaced RAM modules
    • Replaced motherboard
    The crashes still happen. Since I have no idea what is causing these crashes my next step will be replacing the CPU...

Ricko66, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Fexton Win User

Blackscreen and fans on full, random crashes, power plan stuck on balanced

Started in last couple of days after about 8 months of working fine

Crashes at random times.

No overclock

Updated windows, thought that worked but then it happened again a few times, found "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." in Event viewer and followed steps to avoid this, including setting power plan to high performance.

Crash occurred again whilst all hardware idling, and no warnings or errors were found in event viewer at time of crash.

Could this be a PSU problem? is 550W sufficient?

Problem still appears to be with gpu as audio continues beyond blackscreen, apart from one instance when whole system shut down.

Rebooted today and crashed before login, rebooted to find power plan reset to balanced and had to perform a –restoredefaultschemes command again to be able to set it back to high performance, seems like something is forcing windows into balanced power mode
    and this is causing a nvlddmkm error.

Any help appreciated.

Update: power plan resets to balanced each time I reboot, not sure if this is what is causing crashes.

CPU: I7 7700k @4.2

Motherboard: Asus rog strix z270e

Ram: 2x ddr4 16GB

GPU: MSI gtx 180 gaming x 8gb

PSU: Corsair RM550x

Fexton, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. PC random crashing Blue- / Blackscreen - Similar Threads - random crashing Blue

2. Random Crashes with blackscreen that result in shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes with blackscreen that result in shutdown.: I'm facing crashes where my screen turns blacks and my pc restarts. Typically occurring when I am gaming. As it was new in windows install I was able to clean install windows 2-3 times it still occurs. I don't get what's causing the issue as nothing occurs when I am stress...
  3. Random Crashes with blackscreen that result in shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes with blackscreen that result in shutdown.: I'm facing crashes where my screen turns blacks and my pc restarts. Typically occurring when I am gaming. As it was new in windows install I was able to clean install windows 2-3 times it still occurs. I don't get what's causing the issue as nothing occurs when I am stress...
  4. Games crash my pc with a blackscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crash my pc with a blackscreen: So, where to start.AMD.Yeah. I made the nuclear mistake of purchasing an AMD card assuming to go for performance over stability and oh boy.Launching a game soon crashes it, along with the rest of my pc, causing my dual monitors to go black and audio to still play. Sometimes...
  5. Games crash my pc with a blackscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crash my pc with a blackscreen: So, where to start.AMD.Yeah. I made the nuclear mistake of purchasing an AMD card assuming to go for performance over stability and oh boy.Launching a game soon crashes it, along with the rest of my pc, causing my dual monitors to go black and audio to still play. Sometimes...
  6. Games crash my pc with a blackscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc Crashed into a blue screen randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc Crashed into a blue screen randomly: My laptop was blue screening at least once a day for over a week. I followed the advice on another thread and ran the following from the command line: chkdsk c: /scan. It found errors. After it was done it said to reboot to complete the repair. After it was done I logged in...
  8. Pc Crashed into a blue screen randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc Crashed into a blue screen randomly: My laptop was blue screening at least once a day for over a week. I followed the advice on another thread and ran the following from the command line: chkdsk c: /scan. It found errors. After it was done it said to reboot to complete the repair. After it was done I logged in...
  9. Pc Crashed into a Blackscreen randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc Crashed into a Blackscreen randomly: Hi, I've recently build a Pc and encountered a problem 1 Week after i build the Pc. It happened first while playing a game and my Pc crashed. My monitor showed that there was no Hdmi connection anymore but i kept hearing for a couple of seconds until the pc fully crashes...
  10. Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Games in Fullscreen Giving Blackscreen and Crashing Pc: So I used my PC for a while, until a problem came that ultimately ended up with me having to reinstall Windows from a fresh install. Before, I could game perfectly fine with no issues. Now however, whenever I boot a game into full screen mode, I can navigate for about 1-2...