Windows 10: PC randomly crashes after windows update

Discus and support PC randomly crashes after windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Since yesterday after I updated my pc it has been crashing couple times. First was when I booted the pc after couple hours when the update was done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SSpred, Feb 13, 2020.

1. /u/SSpred Win User

PC randomly crashes after windows update

Hi
    Since yesterday after I updated my pc it has been crashing couple times. First was when I booted the pc after couple hours when the update was done when it did boot up to the desktop I was launching steam and discord. After they loaded the pc crashed saying sorry and going to restart....It took 2 mins to turn on. Monitor was off the pc was on but nothing then all of a sudden turned on like normal. I checked the temp on the cpu plus the GPU and nothing they are at normal temp. It just happened again an hour ago while I was playing a game and did the same 2 min till it turned on. The other time it happened was last night when my mother was using the pc to play games and it happened but I wasn't there to witness it. Anybody having the same issue ? I only have 2 friends who are having issues with this after the update but majority of my friends aren't having it but wanted to know if anybody else is having issues and any fixes

submitted by /u/SSpred
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SSpred, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 13, 2020
  4. PC randomly crashes after windows update

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

PC randomly crashes after windows update

1. PC randomly crashes after windows update - Similar Threads - randomly crashes update

2. PC Randomly Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Crashes: Hi,I've been having an issue with my PC over the last 2 weeks with it randomly crashing and losing signal to both my monitors. Sometimes happens during gaming, sometimes doesn't.Reliability MonitorProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1:...
  3. pc crashes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc crashes randomly: pc crashes randomly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashes-randomly/9bbd6f42-8dc2-45c7-8133-43276bc6fa23
  4. PC Crashing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashing randomly: My PC randomly crashed and I got this error code out of the even viewer can anyone help me with fixing the issue- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  5. PC RANDOMLY CRASHES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC RANDOMLY CRASHES: whenever i play a game usually valorant i often crash to desktop when im ingame sometimes a bsod with different error code. can someone help me what's wrong? here's my minidumphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AlJwULwQrRAEd0l83e73D0HjJCQ?e=WnH5Wv...
  6. Pc random crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc random crash: Hello,my PC keeps crashing blackscreen, where I have to turn the pc off manually/sometimes restart.But it seems pretty random, when it crashes and I cant really replicate it. Sometimes its under load in games, but then I can play games 2 days straight without any problem and...
  7. PC randomly crashing

PC randomly crashing: Hey there! I have a RTX 2070 SUPER, but my PC randomly crashes all the time. The fans start spinning faster and my monitor loses connection. Does anyone know the cause of this and how to fix it? Thanks!...
  8. PC crashing after update

PC crashing after update: After an update that has been done in 13/2 my pc crashes with different errors. Page fault in non paged area, system service exception, kernel security check failure, bad pool caller. Also 1i cant open cmd as an administrator- i tried every waywin+x, run as admin from start...
  9. PC Random Crashes.

PC Random Crashes.: Hello everyone. I built a nice PC earlier this year, and in the past couple of months it tends to random-crash sometimes when first booted up. It doesn't BSOD, just hard restarts back to the sign in page. I went and found the dump file, any help in identifying this issue...
  10. PC randomly crashes

PC randomly crashes: For almost a month, my computer has been crashing without warning. I've done RAM, Hard drive, CPU, and GPU tests to see if it's a hardware problem, but nothing came up. Generally it happens during or after I am playing a video game. What is the issue? Is it Hardware or...