Windows 10: PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

Discus and support PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewDagher, Oct 17, 2018.

1. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine.

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: ab
    Parameter 1: 1
    Parameter 2: 20
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 1
    OS version: 10_0_17134
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 3081

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: LKD_LEAKED_SESSION_POOLTAG_Ussx

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 187
    Parameter 1: 1
    Parameter 2: 0
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 0
    OS version: 10_0_17134
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 3081

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 0x187_dxgkrnl!DxgCreateLiveDumpWithWdLogs
    Server information: 5282dd9b-c94c-41d3-b9f5-f12e88d25cb6

:)

MatthewDagher, Oct 17, 2018

2. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 keeps crashing and randomly restarting into a black and white screen.

Hello Ian,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Have you tried updating your network card driver? If yes, try to use the previous version of your network card driver.
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

We suggest following the steps on this article
    to help you troubleshoot black screen issues in Windows 10.

Also, check if the issue occurs in a clean boot state. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you
    run a program in Windows 10. Check the steps on this article.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 17, 2018
  4. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

PC crash to black screen

Hi Andrew,

Your concern regarding the black/blank screen issue after updating the graphics card can be caused by a change on the device settings or corrupted system files. As an initial step to isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the methods suggested
    on this support article. Select the option that's related to your concern to view the appropriate steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

1. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen - Similar Threads - randomly crashes restarts

2. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD: Ever since I got my PC, I've been having this issue where my PC can sometimes randomly go to a black screen and automatically restart almost immediately after.These restarts can happen at any random moment, and with no regularity, one day I'll get 3-4 restarts, and then no...
  3. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD: Ever since I got my PC, I've been having this issue where my PC can sometimes randomly go to a black screen and automatically restart almost immediately after.These restarts can happen at any random moment, and with no regularity, one day I'll get 3-4 restarts, and then no...
  4. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  6. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  7. Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing

Crashing, Blue Screens, Black Screens, Random Restarts, Freezing: I have done a few clean installs since it began. Blue screens are mostly Critical Process Died and System Thread Exception Not Handled. In safe mode I have done sfc scan, chkdsk, DISM, I have also done a few memory tests, and intel processor diagnostic tool. I downloaded...
  8. Random black screen restarts

Random black screen restarts: Hi for the longest time, I would be using my laptop and it would restart by itself. then the screen goes black for a few seconds then shuts down to restart again. I've run memtest to see if it has anything to do with bad memory but my memory sticks are fine. I was told to run...
  9. Random black screen, then restart.

Random black screen, then restart.: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level 1 Task 63 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000400000000002 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2020-06-15T19:10:09.896559400Z EventRecordID 30358 Correlation -...
  10. PC crashes randomly with black screen

PC crashes randomly with black screen: While it is hapaning i cant do anyting i cat even force close i reinstaled the graphic driver but it doesent work i need help asap please! ***Original Title: Random crash whit black screen***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen and pc shuts down

2. laptop randomly crashes to black screen

3. playing game then screen goes black and computer shuts down and restarts

4. blackscreen random crash,
  5. pc crashes and restarts,
  6. 10.0.17134.2.0.0.256.4,
  7. pc goes black and restarts,
  8. random pc restart blackscreen,
  9. pc randomly blackscreen crashes,
  10. pc randomly crashes to black screen