Windows 10: PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots

Discus and support PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few months ago my pc would crash 2-4minutes after booting it up for the first time in the morning, screen would freeze and wouldnt accept any input I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Owy32, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Owy32 Win User

PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots

A few months ago my pc would crash 2-4minutes after booting it up for the first time in the morning, screen would freeze and wouldnt accept any input I solved this by just rebooting pc and it run as normal for the rest of the day. After a few weeks it would crash twice in the morning, 1st crash after initial boot, 2nd crash after the reboot. During this time period of crashing my pc would sometimes reboot to have half the rami have two sticks 8gb ram, restarting would fix this. I assumed this issue was caused by my ram so i reseated them and it still kept happening.

Recently it got worse and crashes randomly throughout the day, in which it either freezes like above, BSOD or reboots. A few nights ago i decided to run memtest86 and windows memory diagnostic tool, both said there was no problem and memtest86 ran for 11hours and did 2 total tests, this period of crashes messed with my system files and so some minor programs wouldn't work or gave error messages, it also stopped sfc /scannow from working and stopped me from resetting my pc, so i reinstalled windows to ensure it wasnt any program, sure enough the crashing still persists, even now when i ensured i have up to date drivers.

After checking my reliability history for the past 2 dayssince i reinstalled windows ive had 3 critical events today19/06/2020 that said

The previous system shutdown at [whatever time] on ‎19/‎06/‎2020 was unexpected. And nothing more in the technical details.

Checking yesterdays reveals a hardware error that says:

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎18/‎06/‎2020 21:00

Status

Not reported

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 144

Parameter 1: 101e

Parameter 2: ffffb307be41b9a0

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Along with 3 other error messages, 1 of which displays the same as todays, the other says

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000003470, 0xffffb307c1be2000, 0x6c33db76a78507c7, 0x6c13db76a78507c7. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 026a9008-5679-40ab-ac8e-55ae2b5e5eef.

And a 3rd that says:

Source

Windows

Summary

Shut down unexpectedly

Date

‎18/‎06/‎2020 21:09

Status

Report sent

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: 1a

Parameter 1: 3470

Parameter 2: ffffb307c1be2000

Parameter 3: 6c33db76a78507c7

Parameter 4: 6c13db76a78507c7

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 0x1a_3470_win32kfull!SfnDWORD

All these critical events happen within a minute of each other, ill attach a compressed folder with the .dmp from c:/windows/minidump

the .dmp from c:/windows, reliability history and msinfo.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnZk1sfsDip6gmbr1UO2nd55slRu?e=7vsxzF

ANY help is greatly appreciated, thank you for your time.

:)

Owy32, Jun 19, 2020

2. HD 2600XT Hangs and Crashes

I can probably play cod4 or any other game really for about 45-60 minutes before my system hangs and my card crashes and my screen goes blank, i know its only my card because my system doesnt restart, my card fan stops running on full from its riva override, and soon thereafter my screen comes back on in 800x600 and i cant access the card's drivers to change the res or anything, so when it hangs and crashes i just resort to manually restarting.

one thing i think i could try is to bite the bit and install the latest drivers, i've been holding off on that.

but if there's anything else anyone can think of, or if someone has had the same problem as me. go for it and give me some suggestions.

in before buy the 4870. (already on my wish list)

xstayxtruex, Jun 19, 2020
  3. PC Starts Hanging and Crashes Randomly (Error Message in Post)

Hi,

Resetting my PC did not solve the problem. I reinstalled Windows 10, completely wiped my hard drive and still my PC randomly hangs and crashes. My PC crashed again today and I got a different error message though. The Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry stopped
    working. I'm not sure if this just happened because of the crash or if it caused the crash. Again, any help would be appreciated.

AdithyaPatil, Jun 19, 2020
  4. garyfritz Win User

Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

Good thing I kept the reports. PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots :) Attached below. Don't know why the other thread disappeared -- maybe because it wasn't a real BSOD?

Looks like chkdsk /r /v has to be run at boot time, and many of the next steps (installing drivers, etc) are going to take more time than I have today. I'll get back to it later.

The HP Diagnostics at that link is only a 32-bit app. The only Hardware Diagnostics I see on my laptop is just a log file. Should I run the UEFI tests?

HD Tune: I let it sit on the Health tab for quite a while and nothing happened. I tried hitting Update, I set it to 1-minute update, nothin'. The Log is empty too.

PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots [​IMG]

PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots [​IMG]

garyfritz, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. PC randomly crashes/hangs, sometimes BSOD, sometimes hangs, sometimes reboots - Similar Threads - randomly crashes hangs

2. sometime why computer hang?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sometime why computer hang?: update bios and window update help?any expert can solve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometime-why-computer-hang/4c61e969-d9cb-4295-8595-7695bbc2460a
  3. sometime why computer hang?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sometime why computer hang?: update bios and window update help?any expert can solve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometime-why-computer-hang/4c61e969-d9cb-4295-8595-7695bbc2460a
  4. sometime why computer hang?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Checkpoint-Computer hangs sometimes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Checkpoint-Computer hangs sometimes: Checkpoint-Computer is a command to make a restore point in PowerShell script. Sometimes it repeats "99% Completed" for hours. Does anyone know the cause? Quick remedy: Making it manually with the Control Panel. Not using a script, it always succeeds. But I hope to make...
  6. Windows 10 stucks, freezes and hangs sometimes

Windows 10 stucks, freezes and hangs sometimes: Windows 10 has been started lagging and hanging quite a time after windows 10 may 2004 update. I have the latest build i.e., 2004. [ATTACH] A month after the update and installing other cumulative updates, windows randomly starts freezing, although mouse cursor works but...
  7. Random BSOD sometimes

Random BSOD sometimes: Hi there, I have lately a BSOD SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED crash out of nowhere . Not my first crash Already reinstalled windows but that dosnt fix my problem. I looked online for a solution and didnt find one. I have the DMP but do not understand it. DMP link:...
  8. Windows 10 sometimes hangs logging in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 sometimes hangs logging in: Hello, I have a recurring problem. Sometimes when I'm trying to log in to my PC with my (Microsoft account) password entered correctly, the password box disappears, and the wheel starts spinning, and it spins, and spins and spins some more for like five or ten minutes. It...
  9. Sometimes programs hang

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes programs hang: I've had Win10 installed on a rarely used test / backup PC since last fall, but upgraded my regularly used PC just last week, so I don't know if I'm describing a recent problem or one the has been lurking around for months. Sometimes I cannot launch new programs. Clicking...
  10. MSI Board sometimes hangs on B4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSI Board sometimes hangs on B4: Hello! I have an issue where sometimes when I boot up, I don't even get to the board logo screen because it hangs on "B4". This board shows 9C, then B4, then flashes the rest quickly. Sometimes mine hangs on B4, the first B4, not the last. Pressing the reset button usually...