Windows 10: PC randomly crashing to black screen with sound. All drivers up to date

Discus and support PC randomly crashing to black screen with sound. All drivers up to date in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Basically my issue is my PC is crashing to a black screen as if my monitor disconnected but I can still hear audio and it tends to happen at random. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EricKelly1, Feb 27, 2019.

1. PC randomly crashing to black screen with sound. All drivers up to date

Basically my issue is my PC is crashing to a black screen as if my monitor disconnected but I can still hear audio and it tends to happen at random. I suspect mostly when I have a video open in Chrome but I can't confirm that. I've gone through my drivers and can't find anything

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: dwm.exe

Application Version: 10.0.17763.1

Application Timestamp: e52aabf3

Fault Module Name: udwm.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.17763.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 98e5d42a

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000001ceb4

OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 2c6a

Additional Information 2: 2c6a44106de646ce71194dd0b1fb3913

Additional Information 3: cc51

Additional Information 4: cc51ea8d8a6ff40baf90f340780b1b80

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 514f57e5421b55e505d63c85697e2444 (1573511663510758468)

:)

EricKelly1, Feb 27, 2019
  2. banger Win User

Latest NVIDIA drivers keep crashing and recovering

GT610 and windows 10 latest drivers, was in firefox and chose print preview and got a black screen shortly followed by a banner saying the graphics driver had crashed and recovered. Also brought firefox to its knees as it also crashed. Repeated the previous steps and it was ok. Has randomly black screened on other things like the remote desktop modern app but again repeated steps and it didnt re-occur, anyone else seeing this, bad driver?

Tim

banger, Feb 27, 2019
  3. my pc screen flashes black

my screen will randomly flash black when my screen buffers. For example if I'm playing a turn based game every time i go to the next turn the screen flashes and shows black bars. I've been looking and my drivers are up to date any suggestions on how to
    fix? Thanks!

pcmasterrace, Feb 27, 2019
  4. PC randomly crashing to black screen with sound. All drivers up to date

Windows 10 keeps crashing and randomly restarting into a black and white screen.

Hello Ian,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Have you tried updating your network card driver? If yes, try to use the previous version of your network card driver.
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing the steps below:

We suggest following the steps on this article
    to help you troubleshoot black screen issues in Windows 10.

Also, check if the issue occurs in a clean boot state. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you
    run a program in Windows 10. Check the steps on this article.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

PC randomly crashing to black screen with sound. All drivers up to date

1. PC randomly crashing to black screen with sound. All drivers up to date - Similar Threads - randomly crashing black

2. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  3. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  4. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  5. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  6. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Black Screen Crashes: My computer will randomly crash to a black screen, continue audio for a little bit, then nothing. This usually occurs when streaming video, but occasionally occurs when browsing or doing something else. However, it has never crashed while playing a video game. I've tried the...
  8. PC crashes randomly with black screen

PC crashes randomly with black screen: While it is hapaning i cant do anyting i cat even force close i reinstaled the graphic driver but it doesent work i need help asap please! ***Original Title: Random crash whit black screen***...
  9. There is no sound on my pc?! (Using HDMI) all the drivers r up to date and working...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is no sound on my pc?! (Using HDMI) all the drivers r up to date and working...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Moha-_-Sha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efif3r/there_is_no_sound_on_my_pc_using_hdmi_all_the/
  10. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen: Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...