Windows 10: PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming

Discus and support PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings all, I've been having a very strange issue with my build which I can't seem to fix, if you've got any advice or experience with how I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by impl3x, Apr 12, 2020.

1. impl3x Win User

PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming

Greetings all,

I've been having a very strange issue with my build which I can't seem to fix, if you've got any advice or experience with how I can fix it, it would be much appreciated.
    Basically what happens is during a gaming session my PC will randomly freeze at an unpredictable moment and restart itself.

Occasionally, I'll also get a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD.

I've retrieved the .dmp files from the minidump. I've attempted to analyze the files using Windbg.exe but TBH, I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Here is a link to the .dmp files, I would appreciate if someone could take a look at the files and help me debug the issue!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kiJKwNg4lxJKoHoCgkGVLQAvHlEd5gdP

Here's all the details,

The build:

Case: Thermaltake Core P1 Tempered Glass Edition Mini ITX

CPU: Intel BX80684I79700K Core i7-9700K

CPU Cooling: DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE CPU Liquid Cooler

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming LGA1151 Mini ITX

RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE® RGB 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit CMR16GX4M2C3000C15W

Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming, 8GB GDDR6

Power Supply: EVGA 750 GQ 80+ GOLD 750W Currently Swapped with a Corsair RM750x 750W Gold Certified

Hard Drive: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB

Boot Drive: Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD - CT1000P1SSD8

Game Storage: Crucial MX300 1TB SSD

Usually, a PC shutting down or restarting during heavy load Gaming, rendering, etc. indicates it is a power issue, possibly other components failing such as RAM, or storage drives. With my case the PC freezes first before it prompts itself to a restart, indicating that there was some sort of error pointing towards OS, software or potentially hardware before the restart.

The issue primarily exists when gaming and is certain to exist when gaming and streaming, during regular use the freezing and restart issue does not exist.

Not all the parts listed are brand new, most came from my previous build which at the time did not have the same issue i'm currently experiencing. The new parts from the list above include the motherboard, processor and case.

Here's all the troubleshooting iv'e done so far. In no particular order, even after all of this troubleshooting the issue still exists.

1. Iv'e reinstalled windows. Twice.
    2. Removed any overclocking done to the GPU and CPU.
    3. Swapped out the RAM with 2x4GB DDR4 HyperX RAM.
    4. Taken apart the entire PC, rebuilt ensuring all cables were correctly plugged in.
    5. Checked the motherboard for any bent pins, ensuring the CPU was seated correctly.
    6. Ran memtest64 test for 12 hours straight with the CORSAIR Vengeance RAM, PC did not crash, freeze or BSOD.
    7. Removed the GPU from vertical mount bracket with a cable riser and directly connected to the motherboard PCIE slot.
    8. Reinstalled GPU drivers using DDU in safe mode as the program recommends.
    9. CMOS reset done on motherboard.
    10. Ran tests on all the drives using CrystalDiskMark.
    11. Ran multiple benchmarks, using Cinebench, 3DMark Time Spy, Heaven Benchmark and FurMark. Could not recreate the crash or freeze even with long loops.
    12. Ran different command lines as admin in windows such as chkdsk, windows memory diagnostic tool, all tests passed.
    13. Finally, on Saturday April 4th I visited my local Canada Computers shop and bought a new PSU. Corsair RM750x 750W Gold Certified which also did not fix the issue

Those are the troubleshoots that I have attempted which I can remember off the top of my head.

Any benchmarks or long session gaming done was monitored using HWMointor. Both CPU and GPU averaged about 75C under full load.

The freeze occurs on any game iv'e played. COD, WoW, RB6, World War Z, Etc.

I've ruled out that it could be the PSU because I replaced it with a new one. RAM could still be the potential suspect but I also did replace the corsair 16gb 8x2 kit with the 8GB 4x2 HyperX RAM and during the first hour of gaming the PC crashed.

The PCIE riser was a suspect as I could have gotten a bad cable riser with my Thermaltake core P1 case but that was ruled out since I mounted the GPU directly to the PCIE slot on the motherboard and the issue still exists.

The GPU itself could be the issue but less that a month ago, the same GPU was sitting in my previous build with no issues.

:)

impl3x, Apr 12, 2020

2. PC keeps freezing randomly while playing games/streaming videos

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your PC to randomly freeze while playing games or streaming videos. Here are
    two steps on how to isolate system issues:

Method 1: Perform a clean boot, this helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in
    Windows 10. Here is the link on how to perform
    a clean boot.

Method 2: Here is a link on
    how to download Apps Troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 12, 2020
  4. PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming

xbox game streaming not working on pc

Thanks for responding, i have already tried everything in that forum article and the phone support has tried everything with me too

things that i tried:

• changing wifi networks
    • resetting my computer
    • reinstalling the Xbox app
    • resetting the Xbox
    • changing just about every setting in the Xbox and the Xbox app
    • changing settings in the router
    • reinstalling drivers on my computer
    • using different controllers
    Also when I open the Xbox app on my pc sometimes i am able to connect when the Xbox is turned on but not if it is off(it is set to instant on), but once I'm connected i can test game streaming and it will say all good but when i actually go to use it the
    app just crashed with no error code.

Also i do not know if this is related or not but the home screen in the Xbox app just shows "something went wrong while loading this info" and whenever i try to view my friends captures the app will crash and I've also found out that the app will just freeze
    up when i try to join a party.

zackster900000q, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming

1. PC Randomly freezes and restarts during gaming/streaming - Similar Threads - Randomly freezes restarts

2. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.: So I just started having the issue where I got a blue screen for a watchdog violation, contacted some tech support and they told me it is software related so just reset the PC get fresh download of Windows and should be good. Well I went through the process of resetting it...
  3. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.: So I just started having the issue where I got a blue screen for a watchdog violation, contacted some tech support and they told me it is software related so just reset the PC get fresh download of Windows and should be good. Well I went through the process of resetting it...
  4. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  6. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  7. PC Freezes During Gaming & Random fps problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes During Gaming & Random fps problems: Pc keeps freezing up and we can't figure out why, have tried fresh install of windows to no avail.sfc /scannow turned up some corrupted files and then pc started freezing again a day later.Reinstalled windows and it happened again, another sfc /scannow and it found corrupted...
  8. PC restarts during game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts during game: Hello, There is no blue-screen and it only happens when playing call of duty warzone. PError below. Can anyone identiy the error below and how I go about fixing it? Thank you. PC specs Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 19041...
  9. Pc randomly freezing and restarting

Pc randomly freezing and restarting: Hi my PC has been randomly crashing and restarting for a month and I have no idea what to do. No viruses are causing it as I have scanned my PC multiple times with windows defender and Trojan remover and just did a fresh re install of windows 10 last week to no avail. More...
  10. PC Freezes during Gaming

PC Freezes during Gaming: Good morning everybody *Smile During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly, therfore I can play 20...