Windows 10: PC randomly freezes for no reason, then BSOD, reboots and then is fine for another day or...

Discus and support PC randomly freezes for no reason, then BSOD, reboots and then is fine for another day or... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ----Ill try to explain this scenario the best i can, I will ATTEMPT to clean this all up a bit since its alot of me typing and then pasting stuff from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrSix18, Oct 18, 2020.

1. MrSix18 Win User

PC randomly freezes for no reason, then BSOD, reboots and then is fine for another day or...

----Ill try to explain this scenario the best i can, I will ATTEMPT to clean this all up a bit since its alot of me typing and then pasting stuff from event viewer, so i changed colors, and added some bold/underlining to not make it look like a complete mess here but it probably didnt help much..

---- im absolutely 100% lost and have tried everything i know to try.. from fishing for issues in event viewer, to seeing if my power supply is dropping power randomly, repairing images, etc etc. Im completely lost and absolutely 100% annoyed however i THINK i may have found the problem. But i want to see what your reponses are so the replies are not biased.

----After i hooked up my second monitor to my PC literally the only thing ive done besides installing a new audio interface for streaming/gaming with my new Rode Microphone this all started. everything will be going great, and ill be on youtube, or browsing the internet, to even gaming or streaming.. and out of nowhere the entire screen freezes, then BSOD appears for about half a second not long enough to even read the code below the QR barcode and restarts the PC.. after the reboot its completely fine for another 12-24 hours and will randomly do it again at no specific time or specific reason.

----in event viewer the only thing i could see that was around the time of the crash were these few things..

--1 svchost 11648,R,98 TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error -1023 0xfffffc01 occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.

--2 Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0x066bf1a5

Faulting module name: SystemSettingsViewModel.Desktop.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1110, time stamp: 0x5f5b2a3e

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0000000000081dbe

Faulting process id: 0x2f88

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a59331268ce9

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettingsViewModel.Desktop.dll

Report Id: b4ec05d6-b1e0-4741-a5a6-6c200dcac5f9

Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

--3The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}

and APPID

{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

to the user DEREKS-DESKTOP\DYNO SID S-1-5-21-1439994076-2020391597-959261161-1001 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy SID S-1-15-2-155514346-2573954481-755741238-1654018636-1233331829-3075935687-2861478708. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

--4 directly after number 3 this came 6062 - Lso was triggered

THEN THE CRASH CAME AND THIS WAS UNDER CRITCAL LEVEL

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. EVENT ID 41. SOURCE-KERNAL POWER. TASK CATAGORY 63. KEYWORDS 70368744177664,2

ANY HELP WOULD BE BEYOND APPRECIATED AS IM FED UP!!! I WILL BE HUNTING THIS ISSUE DOWN ALL NIGHT AND WILL BE BY THE COMPUTER IF YOU NEED ME TO RUN ANYTHING OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME EVEN IF YOU CANNOT HELP.

EXTRA COMMENTS BELOW

----basically there is ZERO warning, CPU/GPU usage spike, PLENTY of ram 32gb worth, CPU/GPU are on water, everything else is cool and crisp 8 total fans, 5 Noctua redux 1500rpm 140mm, 2 Noctua 120mm 12V 3000 rpm server fans, and a 120mm bottom fan, so thermals are not an issue, i maintain 27-28C idle temps consistently and 50c-ish while gaming.

----Specs are 9700k @ 5.1 Ghz removed overclock thinking it was a stability issue after first BSOD but that did absolutely nothing, EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC Ultra same thing, removed OC, did nothing, Still BSOD Both GPU/CPU have been overclocked for months with ZERO issues. so i know its not related. 850w PSU, 2 x 1TB samsung 970 Evo NVMe's, 2 x 2TB Samsung 860 evo 2.5" ssd's, 1 Toshiba X300 4 TB HDD, 32GB of corsair vengeance pro RGB 3000 mhz ram, Aorus z390 Mobo.

:)

MrSix18, Oct 18, 2020
  2. xXTenXx Win User

PC Randomly Reboots

Just recently, my PC started to randomly reboot, to start it was once every other day, and know every few minutes.
    Any suggestions to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated.

xXTenXx, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Oct 18, 2020
  4. PC randomly freezes for no reason, then BSOD, reboots and then is fine for another day or...

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

PC randomly freezes for no reason, then BSOD, reboots and then is fine for another day or...

1. PC randomly freezes for no reason, then BSOD, reboots and then is fine for another day or... - Similar Threads - randomly freezes reason

2. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.: Hello there, I hope that someone can help me with this. It's been almost a year of random BSODs and random pc freezes and reboots. Sometimes I did not get any for a month and then I get multiple BSODs in one day as it has been doing lately. Before you ask I've tried...
  3. Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc BSOD or random freeze/rebooting with no real cause.: Hello there, I hope that someone can help me with this. It's been almost a year of random BSODs and random pc freezes and reboots. Sometimes I did not get any for a month and then I get multiple BSODs in one day as it has been doing lately. Before you ask I've tried...
  4. Random pc freezes and reboots.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random pc freezes and reboots.: Hello ,My pc reboots or freezes all of a sudden . When I check event logs I see these type of errors and a lot of them . I don't get errors every time pc crashes . Here is the full description of errors.Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10-05-2022 19:13:00 Event ID: 14...
  5. Random pc freezes and reboots.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random pc freezes and reboots.: Hello ,My pc reboots or freezes all of a sudden . When I check event logs I see these type of errors and a lot of them . I don't get errors every time pc crashes . Here is the full description of errors.Log Name: System Source: nvlddmkm Date: 10-05-2022 19:13:00 Event ID: 14...
  6. Random pc freezes and reboots.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. PC randomly reboots for no reason

PC randomly reboots for no reason: Hello, my PC randomly reboots for no apparent reason for a few days now. It doesn't freeze, it doesn't say "Rebooting Windows" or whatever, it just goes straight to black and then I see the BIOS message and it starts just like nothing happened. I'm running Windows 10,...
  8. PC Randomly Freezes. have to hard reboot, no bsod

PC Randomly Freezes. have to hard reboot, no bsod: Specs: CPU: i7-3770 GPU: ASUS rog strix 2060 super RAM: 16GB PSU: Corsair VS650 SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB HD: 1TB WD Blue + Old 500GB Drive The PC randomly freezes, even when not in use, recently happens almost daily. keyboard+mouse become unresponsive, display is "stuck"...
  9. PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting

PC Freezing and/or Random Rebooting: Hello All, Trying to determine if I have a Software or Hardware problem. Have exhausted my knowledge base and am now extending a hand, requesting help. I have an HP-PC circa 2006 64bit, Windows 10 Home, Upgraded from Win 7, a few times. Recently been having full PC...
  10. BSOD once a day, then fine after reboot

BSOD once a day, then fine after reboot: Hey I'm getting a BSOD once a day or every time my computer has been turned off for longer than just a reboot. When the computer reboots after the BSOD it runs just fine with no incidents until the next time its turned off for a bit. IIRC it started after x version...