Windows 10: Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

Discus and support Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by anonymou32urs, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it regularly freezed, and during games it or freezed or sometimes just showed me the desktop for a few seconds for it to return to the game sounds staying on all the while. After some troubleshooting i deducted that is was probably my gpu, so i replaced my gpu and since then it has been happening a lot less often, but it st

:)

anonymou32urs, Jun 15, 2022

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jun 15, 2022
  3. emonchan5 Win User
    Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly

Dear Customer Support,

I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly,
    after Windows 10 update.

1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button twice to bring up the log in screen. If I do a "shut down" option and restart the PC the login screen is displayed without problem. Can anyone help me?
    2. After the November update my keyboard freezes randomly. I have tried uninstalled the driver or enable keyboard filter and some other methods found in google but still the problem exist. I have to shut down and reboot to have the keyboard working again.
    Very frustrating and not knowing how I can solve the problems. Please help.
    Thank You

emonchan5, Jun 15, 2022
  4. Nova Win User

Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

New laptop hardlock with black screen

I have a new notebook, running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, which is randomly freezing, showing a black screen. System specs:

• intel core i5
    • HD is an SDD, 250GB
    • GPU: Intel HD graphics 620
    Symptoms:

• happens randomly, related to no particular reason, time of the day, and programs running
    • when freezes, the notebook screen is "active" (back light is on) but completely black; external monitor, connected via HDMI, is black as well
    • when freezes, no key input is responding. I tried to press "CAPS Lock", which has a led on it, and the led is not toggling
    • I noticed I can keep the PC on for several days, without any problem. It always freezes whenever I'm actively using it
    What I already tried:

• reinstall Windows from scratch (even starting from an external USB drive)
    • run windows in "clean boot" mode (all non-MS services disabled, all startup programs disabled)
    • update the BIOS, and all "relevant" drivers (GPU, System Firmware, network interface, bluetooth, ...) of the PC to the latest version
    • testing the memory with MemTest86+: no issues, after several steps
    • stressing the GPU with FurMark: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    • stressing the CPU with IntelBurnTest: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    Now, I would guess it's an hardware problem, but the strange thing is that we ordered 6 identical PCs, and this is happening on 4 of them. Therefore, for "statistical" reasons, we don't think it could be possible that all of them shows an HW issue... It only happens with a different rate from one PC to another (for instance, happens daily on my PC, and once a week on another)
    Any idea on how to investigate this issue further?
    Any test / improvement I can do?

Thema:

Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

1. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black - Similar Threads - randomly freezes screens

2. Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc randomly freezes/ screens go black: Hi Everyone, Im asking this mostly because im afraid im destroying my gpu.Ive been having problems with my screen going black/ randomly freezing in a lot of scenarios, at startup it oftenly turns one or more of my screens off and then on again, while watching shows of vlc it...
  3. RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RANDOM BLACK GLOWY SCREEN + RANDOM FREEZES: Hi, ever since updating to Windows 10 version 1909 to the latest one, 20H2, I keep experiencing random freezes and the screen would go black as if someone just turn off the laptop. But, it's not completely black. It's kinda glowy and I can't press anything to wake it up as...
  4. screen going black randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen going black randomly: windows 10 screen goes black randomly, started when downloaded latest windows 10 update, reverted back to previous version, now message from microsoft my version of windows 10 about to expire?...
  5. Laptop screen going black randomly.

Laptop screen going black randomly.: My laptop screen is going black randomly but it stays on and the only way I can fix that is by a hard reset. I've noticed that when my pc is very loaded for example a heavy game like Fortnite/GTAV no problem happens, but when I do a simple task like browsing the web it...
  6. Laptop screen randomly going black.

Laptop screen randomly going black.: My laptop screen sometimes goes black while doing normal tasks - browsing the internet, etc. When it goes black, the laptop is still turned on, but the system is unresponsive. Win + ctrl + shift + b doesn't work....
  7. Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen and Keyboard freezes randomly: Dear Customer Support, I have endured with the black screen problem for 3 months and now my keyboard freezes randomly, after Windows 10 update. 1. After the October update, the "restart" windows option always restart with a black screen. I have to press the power button...
  8. Windows screen going black randomly

Windows screen going black randomly: Hi, I recently started getting random black screens. A small popup box appears and then screen goes black and system loads everything again. I cleaned my laptop from inside after the problem dissapeared for 2 days. But it has started to happen again now system hangs and...
  9. Computer freezing and going to Black Screen

Computer freezing and going to Black Screen: Hi there everyone, thought I would seek help here since I have tried a lot of fixes on my own to no avail. I've been getting constant crashes the past few days while using my PC, specifically when I am gaming. It sometimes happens out of the blue for no reason and sometimes...
  10. pc going to black screen

pc going to black screen: so 2 days ago i installed a geforce gtx 1650 low profile in my dell optiplex 7010 DT and everything was going fine but then after the first day my pc started to go to black screen and stays but now when i boost it works for like a minute then goes black screen could it be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random hang with black screen