Windows 10: PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update

Discus and support PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my PC to Windows 10 from 8.1 in January. Since doing so my PC will randomly freeze completely, resulting in a hard reset.I'm nervous these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RenSm23, Feb 21, 2020.

1. RenSm23 Win User

PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update

I updated my PC to Windows 10 from 8.1 in January. Since doing so my PC will randomly freeze completely, resulting in a hard reset.I'm nervous these hard resets will result in data corruption. I've never experienced this before with this particular PC. I've updated ALL drivers like recommended. I've also tried uninstalling recent updates with still no luck. Is there ANY way to go back to Windows 8.1? I installed windows 8 originally on this PC after building it, but no longer have that USB. I'd rather not do a factory reset, but will if necessary.

:)

RenSm23, Feb 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 21, 2020
  4. PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update

1. PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Randomly Freezes since

2. Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1: This happens from time to time when I am working, but also many times when I wake up the computer from hibertination. It started when I updated to 21H1 a couple of weeks ago.All of a sudden windows becomes super laggy and unresponsive, as if anything would use a lot of...
  3. PC Keeps Hard Freezing Randomly Since June

PC Keeps Hard Freezing Randomly Since June: Hello, I have been having a really hard time with my computer randomly hard freezing. It happens so randomly, Control Alt Delete does not work.... so every time I have to do a hard reset. Somedays I don't get it at all and others I can get it 3 times a day. I know it is a...
  4. Windows 10 - PC Freeze Randomly

Windows 10 - PC Freeze Randomly: Good Afternoon, please can any help or advise. Dump file/System Event Files added at end Since updating to Windows 10 Education online my PC freezes every week 1-4 times or so randomly. I have carried out various system checks and find no issues. All my drivers including...
  5. Windows 10 PC freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PC freezing randomly: Hi, This post is both a bug report and a theoretical solution. ISSUE: Windows 10 is freezing sporadically. The mouse stops moving for a few seconds. Everything stops. Then it resumes again. After 30 seconds, it repeats. Freeze. Then it works again. HYPOTHETICAL SOLUTION:...
  6. Windows 10 - PC Freeze (Randomly)

Windows 10 - PC Freeze (Randomly): Good Afternoon, Please can any help or advise. Since updating (to Windows 10 Education) online my PC freeze every day 1-4 times or so randomly. I have carried out various system checks and find no issues. All my drivers including display driver (which is supported by...
  7. Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update: Hi, Before 1803 update I never had any freezing problem. But after that laptop started to freeze randomly, usually after working a few hours. Then I could not reset it and sent it to the service. They could not find any problem but reset the laptop (formatted) to version...
  8. PC randomly freezing Windows 10

PC randomly freezing Windows 10: Hi, My Windows 10 randomly freeze, I've tryed downloading lattest drivers for all components but I can not find the cause. I've uploaded to OneDrive SystemInfo of my PC Link to file: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Auvi6Z_nQ_mugtAo3iPDUka91n76fQ Is there any FAQ to follow and check...
  9. Freezing since windows update

Freezing since windows update: Hi I left my pc updating with a windows update last week and since then I am now getting a complete freeze within 10 minutes of starting although everything appears to be fine. I have tried so many things to fix it and I have ran out of ideas so im desperate for help. I have...
  10. Windows 10 PC freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PC freezing randomly: hi, I have been running windows 10 for the last 12 months with no issues, however in the last couple of days, I have noticed all Apps are considerably slower when opening and when using PowerPoint 2016, the PC freezes after approx. 30 seconds. Control , alt, delete doesn't...