Windows 10: Pc randomly freezing and restarting

Discus and support Pc randomly freezing and restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi my PC has been randomly crashing and restarting for a month and I have no idea what to do. No viruses are causing it as I have scanned my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoeOrchard, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Pc randomly freezing and restarting

Hi my PC has been randomly crashing and restarting for a month and I have no idea what to do. No viruses are causing it as I have scanned my PC multiple times with windows defender and Trojan remover and just did a fresh re install of windows 10 last week to no avail.

More in depth about specific issues:
    PC freezing:
    My pc would just randomly crash for no reason, even when it was just on the desktop with no applications on whatsoever, the whole pc freezes and I cannot do ctrl + alt + delete at all, what I have to do is manually hold the power button on the case or switch it off using the switch on the power supply, when it freezes the audio would sometimes freak out but more often then not would keep playing normally like nothing happened, the other night my PC froze but I could still speak to my friends in discord and they could still hear me but I couldn't do anything with the PC and had to turn it off and on again.

Issues turning on:
    Sometimes after a crash I would turn my pc off because I had no other choice, I would then try and turn it back on again however it would turn on but none of the screens would turn on at all, however the LEDs in my mouse and keyboard would come on as usual I dont know if that is normal or not I would then have to turn my PC off again and try turning it back on again, this would sometimes take multiple tries before I could actually use my PC again.

Random restarts:
    Sometimes my PC would freeze like i previously described and then turn itself off without me touching it, it would then turn back on again which would sometimes work and sometimes the screens wouldn't come on and I would have to turn it off and on again like I previously described.

Performing slightly slower then expected:
    I have put my specs of the PC below, however even with these specs the PC is not performing as well as I expected it too, my friend has a PC with slightly worse components then mine yet he runs the same games on the same settings and gets more fps, I do not know if this is just my imagination or whether my expectation is warped of how well it should actually be performing but I just thought I should mention it. It is not massively under performing only very slightly.

I bought the PC pre-made about 2 years ago however all components have been replaced within the last year except for the motherboard and the HDD which are the same from the base build.

Things I have tried:
    I heard that the latest big windows 10 update was causing a lot of people problems so I reinstalled the 1909 version of windows 10 last week and started fresh, however all of the mentioned issues are still happening.

I have tried scanning my PC for viruses multiple times and have found nothing, also because I reinstalled windows just last week and have only really installed things like league and discord and nothing else odd I do nott know how there would be any on it anyway.

Specs:
    rtx 2060 6gb
    i7-9700k
    BE QUIET Dark Rock 4 cooler
    32gb 3200mhz gskill tridentz ram
    Corsair VS650W power supply
    Crucial MX500 500gb ssd where windows is installed
    Seagate barracuda 1tb hdd
    ASRock B360M Xtreme Motherboard

It would mean the world to me if anyone could help me fix or diagnose these issues as this has been unbelievably frustrating to try and deal with. i am willing to try and do anything if you need more information please just ask and if you could tell me how to get it for you that would be great too. Thanks guys

:)

JoeOrchard, Sep 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Sep 11, 2020
  3. ObSo-1337 Win User
    PC randomly freezing

Hey TPU, i give you a challenge. Lately my computer has been freezing for no reason (or so i think) I have noticed that it happens mostly when im playing CounterStrikeSource and Left 4 Dead 2. Just to let you know, its not freezing that happens for a couple of seconds, its a full on, "your computer needs to be restarted" type of freezing.

64 bit windows 7
    XFX 4890 XT @900/1000
    AMD X4 II @ 3 Ghz
    4 corsair 800mhz DDR2 Ram

Any suggestions or input?

ObSo-1337, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Pc randomly freezing and restarting

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Pc randomly freezing and restarting

1. Pc randomly freezing and restarting - Similar Threads - randomly freezing restarting

2. Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random PC restarts and freezes with no BSOD: Hello, I've been having issues with my PC randomly restarting or freezing the symptoms vary each time. Sometimes the display freezes and the audio stutters before the PC restarts, sometimes the PC restarts immediately, and sometimes it freezes without restarting at all. I've...
  3. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random: Hi all, for the longest time my PC has been shutting down on me when I was closing video games\while playing them exclusively, but now it's been happening to me even when performing the simplest of tasks like browsing the web or drawing. It's been driving me insane and I've...
  4. PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random

PC will freeze then restart seemingly at random: Hi all, for the longest time my PC has been shutting down on me when I was closing video games\while playing them exclusively, but now it's been happening to me even when performing the simplest of tasks like browsing the web or drawing. It's been driving me insane and I've...
  5. PC Randomly freezes and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly freezes and restart: HelloI have Mini PC from Zotac model:magnus en1060k it randomly freezes and restart Troubleshooting I have done:Memory test was okReinstall windows 10below Memory.dmp https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lX6sHxuEyiZigacQYli27JDPOaB_q-6j/view?usp=sharingAppreciate if some one can...
  6. PC Randomly freezes and restart

PC Randomly freezes and restart: HelloI have Mini PC from Zotac model:magnus en1060k it randomly freezes and restart Troubleshooting I have done:Memory test was okReinstall windows 10below Memory.dmp https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lX6sHxuEyiZigacQYli27JDPOaB_q-6j/view?usp=sharingAppreciate if some one can...
  7. PC Randomly freezes and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC freeze and restart randomly

PC freeze and restart randomly: My pc recently randomly freeze and restart a few times, with following error:The previous system shutdown at 1:03:27 pm on ‎2/‎7/‎2021 was unexpected.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding,...
  9. PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD

PC freezing and then restarting randomly - BSOD: Hi, I've got an issue where my PC would randomly freeze and then restart itself. This happens no matter whether I'm using it for intense processing or just idling. Today it finally managed to produce a dump file with the file causing the issue. Ntoskrnl.exe+487a98....
  10. Pc randomly freezing and restarting

Pc randomly freezing and restarting: Hi my PC has been randomly crashing and restarting for a month and I have no idea what to do. No viruses are causing it as I have scanned my PC multiple times with windows defender and Trojan remover and just did a fresh re install of windows 10 last week to no avail. More...