Windows 10: PC randomly goes to a blue screen that says "Locking" while playing games and then becomes...

Discus and support PC randomly goes to a blue screen that says "Locking" while playing games and then becomes... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop has had this issue for a long time, but it has for some reason gotten worse now. Any time I intensively use the computer to play games like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AaronR7, May 10, 2021.

1. AaronR7 Win User

PC randomly goes to a blue screen that says "Locking" while playing games and then becomes...

My laptop has had this issue for a long time, but it has for some reason gotten worse now. Any time I intensively use the computer to play games like Boneworks, or Apex legends, the pc will switch to a blue screen after a while that represents the windows loading screen, and it says "Locking". Then it becomes unresponsive, the fans stay on, the keyboard lights are on, but nothing else happens. I have to hold the power button down every time this happens, and launch up the computer again. I have tried everything to fix this. I thought this was an overheating issue so I replaced the thermal

:)

AaronR7, May 10, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 10, 2021
  3. GilangAdi Win User
    my laptop randomly says "locking" and automatically goes to sleep or hibernate while playing games. windows 10

Hi,

i have a problem with my laptop. it goes to sleep and hibernate whenever I'm playing games. the screen goes blue and says "locking" randomly. i search in community and mostly said it is battery issue or BIOS issue. I already did all the solved solution but
    it didn't work. i suffered this problem since late 2019. before that time it worked very well. my laptop specs:

HP Pavilion notebook 14-ab133tx

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz

Ram: 8GB

Graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 940M

Hard drive: 1TB

last thing I did was upgrading bios from f80 to f91. it only worked for around a week but it back to the locking issue.

please kindly help me to solve my issue. because I really frustrated when this happened whenever I'm playing games and ruin my game. I don't know how to find the solution anymore. hope this thread could give me the solution to my issue.

Thank You!

GilangAdi, May 10, 2021
  4. signal107 Win User

PC randomly goes to a blue screen that says "Locking" while playing games and then becomes...

PC randomly blue screens

Hi,

I am hoping that this forums can help me fix my problem with random blue screens on my PC.

My PC will randomly blue screen whilst playing games on steam or origin it also will sometime crash when just browsing, however never when i am doing nothing on it. I am pretty sure it is not just overheating
    either. Putting links below of some crash reports http://postimg.org/image/4n49eafe3/ and http://postimg.org/image/ne1lapkkr/ any
    help is appreciated as i do not have any clue why it is continuing to crash.

Thank you!

signal107, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. PC randomly goes to a blue screen that says "Locking" while playing games and then becomes... - Similar Threads - randomly goes blue

2. My Pc goes to blue screen of death randomly while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc goes to blue screen of death randomly while gaming.: This is the error i get.SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎20/‎2024 2:12 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 124Parameter 1: 0Parameter 2:...
  3. My Pc goes to blue screen of death randomly while gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc goes to blue screen of death randomly while gaming.: This is the error i get.SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎1/‎20/‎2024 2:12 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 124Parameter 1: 0Parameter 2:...
  4. PC will randomly blue screen while playing Apex Legends.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will randomly blue screen while playing Apex Legends.: Randomly my pc will blue screen with DPC_Wachdog_Violation, all my drivers should be up to date and i recently restored my PC so i don't have a clue what is causing it. Would love some help and what i can do to solve the problem!Attached is the crash file from...
  5. Blue Screen while playing a game

Blue Screen while playing a game: This is happening to me and it is that when i am playing on my new computer that i have recently acquired, a blue screen error appears suddenly, randomly when i'm playing, and then the computer restarts, it suprises me because the computer is new. The game is Psychonauts 2....
  6. Blue Screen While Playing Games

Blue Screen While Playing Games: Hi, my computer blue screened when i played a game r6s and valorant mostly and i'm curious since it never happened to me before. Before it bsod it usually display a colour of orange on my display....
  7. Blue Screen while playing games

Blue Screen while playing games: Its not instant, it doesn't even occurs everyday. I usually play Valorant with my friends, there is very less possibility of getting a Blue screen. But it happens every time when I play Division. It crashes after 10-15 minutes of playing. The blue screen did not display any...
  8. Random Blue Screen while Gaming

Random Blue Screen while Gaming: Hi guys, My wifes PC has been having random blue screens not all the same error code while playing games will list games below and im struggling to resolve the problem. Blue Screen Errors has been others but cant remember, i've started logging them once i realized its...
  9. random blue screen while gaming

random blue screen while gaming: cpu: ryzen5 2600x (stock settings) gpu: evga 1070ti (stock settings) mb: gigabyte x470 ultra gaming ram: G.Skill Aegis 8gb*2 (3000mhz) psu: FSP aurum S 550w operating ssd: adata sp920 128gb operating temperatures of cpu,gpu,ssd are both fine. heres the minidump files...
  10. Random blue screens while gaming.

Random blue screens while gaming.: Recently I have been bluescreening around once every two days when playing games. The error is kmode_exception_not_handled. I read online that this is sometimes caused by faulty drivers, so I have been running the driver verifier. Immediately on boot the driver verifier...