Windows 10: PC randomly, infrequently crashes.

Discus and support PC randomly, infrequently crashes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I used to have crashing problems a while ago, but i seemed to have fixed them up until recently. Every now and then, very infrequently happens maybe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FallenPixelz, Jan 4, 2020.

1. PC randomly, infrequently crashes.

I used to have crashing problems a while ago, but i seemed to have fixed them up until recently. Every now and then, very infrequently happens maybe once a month with everyday use my PC will lock up and freeze. There will be a small blue rectangle in the top left corner of the screen, the audio will freeze and repeat a single sound until i force my pc to turn off through the power button. Below is the windows reliability report, and here is the windows minidump:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auj5-2Kp5dldceJTmNmqLAoh9L4?e=lfDoEh

Source

Windows

Summary

Shut down unexpectedly

Date

‎04-‎Jan-‎20 1:19 PM

Status

Not reported

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

Code: d1

Parameter 1: 0

Parameter 2: 2

Parameter 3: 1

Parameter 4: fffff8076d59828a

OS version: 10_0_18362

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

:)

FallenPixelz, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Naby, Jan 4, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Weskot Win User

PC randomly, infrequently crashes.

Phone Crashing Randomly & Infrequently

As small as the issue is, I disliked the Android Honeycomb (3.0) OS due to its continual crashing/restarting under normal operations, standby, and streaming. When unlocking my Nokia, sending a text, locking it again, playing music I've transferred onto
    it so I don't need WiFi or 4G, using a flashlight app all within 5-7 seconds, I discovered twice in a row this has caused my phone to shut off or freeze (The lock button wouldn't work, so I had to reset it by holding the Volume Down & Power Button for 15 Seconds).

Am I just doing too much for the phone to handle in quick bursts?

This has occurred so infrequently, it isn't as big a problem for me since I upgraded from such a problematic Android Phone. I figured I'd ask on behalf of my own curiosity, and for those who have experienced this and have no answer to their inquiries.

Thank You in Advance Everyone!

Dave

Weskot, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

PC randomly, infrequently crashes.

1. PC randomly, infrequently crashes. - Similar Threads - randomly infrequently crashes

2. Infrequent Freezes/Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infrequent Freezes/Crashes: Hello,I've been having infrequent crashes/freezes for a while now. I've mostly been trying to sort this out on my own but I've hit the limit of my tech literacy at this point.The last five crashes I've had have all thrown up event ID 1001 bugcheck reboots and I've attached...
  3. Infrequent Freezes/Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Infrequent Freezes/Crashes: Hello,I've been having infrequent crashes/freezes for a while now. I've mostly been trying to sort this out on my own but I've hit the limit of my tech literacy at this point.The last five crashes I've had have all thrown up event ID 1001 bugcheck reboots and I've attached...
  4. Infrequent Audio? Driver crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Infrequent Audio? Driver crashes: When it happens, generally the whole computer freeze for ~5-10 seconds. Sometimes is crashes the video feed in video applications such as Twitch. I believe it is also tied to audio issues, maybe drivers as it seems like every time after this happens Discord reports that the...
  5. W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently: Hello, I will first describe my situation. I have a Panasonic toughbook CF-19 Mk6 with i5-3rd gen core + 16GB RAM. The machine has been in my hands for a few years now and it used to act as a mobile wifi server using Windows 7 Pro or linux and has never had any issues. The...
  6. W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Freeze and crash randomly but infrequently: Hello, I will first describe my situation. I have a Panasonic toughbook CF-19 Mk6 with i5-3rd gen core + 16GB RAM. The machine has been in my hands for a few years now and it used to act as a mobile wifi server using Windows 7 Pro or linux and has never had any issues. The...
  7. BSOD - Clock Watchdog Timeout. Random & infrequent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Clock Watchdog Timeout. Random & infrequent: Hello, hope you are all well! The past few days I've been getting the BSOD with Stop code: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT about 2-3 times a day. I have tried a few fixes - including turning overclock down and then off, re seating RAM, rolling back windows update but nothing has...
  8. Random & infrequent BSOD

Random & infrequent BSOD: Our small church has a PowerSpec computer that we use to audio record our services. The pastor got a good deal from his son-in-law for the PC. The computer is usually left on, with only the screen blanking out after a while. It may go for weeks without problems, then BSOD or...
  9. PC Random Crashes.

PC Random Crashes.: Hello everyone. I built a nice PC earlier this year, and in the past couple of months it tends to random-crash sometimes when first booted up. It doesn't BSOD, just hard restarts back to the sign in page. I went and found the dump file, any help in identifying this issue...
  10. Infrequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Crashes

Infrequent IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Crashes: Hello! I have been having issues with my gaming PC for several months now. Basically, I will occasionally get blue screens and the error messages seem to usually be related to memory (usually the error is "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"). This happens pretty infrequently, but...