Windows 10: PC randomly launching shutdown protocol while playing games

Discus and support PC randomly launching shutdown protocol while playing games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a very strange problem on my computer : whenever I play a fullscreen game, the PC is randomly shutting down. Actually, it shuts down in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Geekoolol, Apr 15, 2020.

1. PC randomly launching shutdown protocol while playing games

Hi,

I've got a very strange problem on my computer : whenever I play a fullscreen game, the PC is randomly shutting down. Actually, it shuts down in the "standard" way : it closes all applications and then shuts down. (or sometimes go to sleep). And sometimes, it acts as if the alt button is pressed but it is not. (for instance i get to the alt tab menu without pressing alt, just pressing tab)

I tried to disable all the shortcut functions that you can disable from the settings menu, did not work.

This has been happening to me on various games such as Garry's Mod or R6 Siege. I noticed that it happens on the game I play with a keyboard. I'm safe when using a controller so I'm suspecting my keyboard. Given the global situation I am not able to try with another keybooard but I think that I already tried a few months ago and it stayed the same. It's pretty unlikely that it's a security shutdown because I use my computer for music/video production and there's no problem. It's specific to fullscreen apps.

So my question is how can I solve this problem ? I'm hopeless... The amount of people I let down on R6 Siege because my computer shut down midgame...

Is there a way to disable certain shortcuts on my keyboard ? (especially the one that are used to shut down the PC)

Heres' my setup :

Win 10

Ryzen7 2700X

16GB DDR3 RAM

AB3 GAMING

GTX1060 3GB

Thank you for your help !!

submitted by /u/Geekoolol
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Geekoolol, Apr 15, 2020

2. my pc turns of randomly when playing games

my pc turns of randomly when playing games

McpeHDblitz, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Apr 15, 2020
  4. JW0914 Win User

PC randomly launching shutdown protocol while playing games

Network Protocols

"...a total inability to connect to the internet"
    • Not caused by 1511, nor do your problems have anything to do with this specific thread it seems...
    "...inability to shutdown the PC without holding down the power button"
    • Also not caused by 1511
    "...tried every single suggestion posted on multiple sites and none worked"
    • Did you review the event logs?
    I'm going to assume you probably didn't clean install Windows 10 after you upgraded, of which would have entailed following the proper clean install procedure, which is at the core of your problems. I'm not going to explain why, as I've done so repeatedly on at least 5 different forums and countless threads. If you wish to understand why, please view my profile and review prior posts of mine.

Review

JW0914, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

PC randomly launching shutdown protocol while playing games

1. PC randomly launching shutdown protocol while playing games - Similar Threads - randomly launching shutdown

2. Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games: My pc gets shutdown while playing games Only games not any other optional software are facing the same issue I even tried installing windows still its not Fixing the problems...
  3. Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop SHUTDOWNING while playing games: My pc gets shutdown while playing games Only games not any other optional software are facing the same issue I even tried installing windows still its not Fixing the problems...
  4. Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  5. Pc Shutdowns while gaming

Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  6. PC randomly crashes or shutdown during or after playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashes or shutdown during or after playing a game: For some reason, my PC suddenly just hangs and crash whenever I'm playing or after I close a game. the pc doesn't go into BSOD so i have no clue what the problem really is though it created a dump file and hoping someone could look into it and tell me a fix.I have the dump...
  7. PC randomly crashes or shutdown during or after playing a game

PC randomly crashes or shutdown during or after playing a game: For some reason, my PC suddenly just hangs and crash whenever I'm playing or after I close a game. the pc doesn't go into BSOD so i have no clue what the problem really is though it created a dump file and hoping someone could look into it and tell me a fix.I have the dump...
  8. System Shutdown while Playing a Game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Shutdown while Playing a Game: Here's a puzzle. Getting random system shutdowns, like the plug pulled out of the wall, instant, while playing 2 games, Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Horizon 4 at ultra settings Thought maybe an overheating problem, nope, ran CPUID while playing, cpu stays below 70, GPU stays...
  9. System Shutdown while Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Shutdown while Playing Games: Problem: While gaming, my system just shuts down. More specifically, the display goes black, like it's been disconnected. The PC stays on. The Keyboard stops responding. Usually it's in a modded Minecraft game, an older version like 1.7.10. But it has also happened in...
  10. Pc freezes randomly only while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezes randomly only while playing games: submitted by /u/ShadyMS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr3bt2/pc_freezes_randomly_only_while_playing_games/