Windows 10: PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu

Discus and support PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnthonyWaymen, Aug 14, 2022.

1. PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu

A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 7The details view of this entry contains further information.- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger" Guid="{c26c4f3c-3f66-4e99-8f8a-39405cfed220}" /> <EventID>18</EventID

:)

AnthonyWaymen, Aug 14, 2022

2. A fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer

Hi there

We have a Macbook Pro machine the latest one and we install
    Windows 10
    Pro Build 2004 via Boot Camp. The installation is running smoothly

When we are about to deploy to the user, we ran an Event Viewer and we found this following error:

-------

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Log Name: System

Source: WHEA-Logger

Event ID: 18

Level: Error

User: LOCAL SERVICE

OpCode: Info

Logged: 29/06/2020 12:32:44 AM

Task Category: None

Keywords:

Computer: XXX

-------

The machine is running as normal ... no error comes up on the screen OR no BSOD.

The challenge is that we contacted Apple and Apple Support said due to it is a Windows issue they suggest to Microsoft first. We did contact Microsft support and not be able to proceed further as only dealing with WIndows 10 on Windows device.

Can you point us in the right direction here? Do we need to worry about this processor error issue?

What I've noticed it looks like something to do Sleep mode as we noticed the time logs. Again needs more investigation on this.

I'm appreciated your feedback.

Thanks

UPDATE - 1 July 2020:

* We managed to replicate this error showing up on Event Viewer. This error appears related when the machine restarted.

* Tested the sleep mode and started and worked OK - no error showed up on
    Event Viewer

DCPartners, Aug 14, 2022
  3. DadoToth Win User
    Pc freezes and reboots

Hi all,

my pc randomly freezes and reboots,

only thing I can find is a Cache hierarchy error in the event viewer*,

most of the time the freeze happens when I'm playing undemanding games (mostly league of legends).

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Any help would appreciated.

Edit:
    the APIC ID: changes between 0 and 1 randomly

DadoToth, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu

1. PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu - Similar Threads - randomly rebooting event

2. recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times: As described above my pc randomly just reboots and this error is posted in event viewer. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8019e31461d, 0xffff8280fa8de0e8, 0xffff8280fa8dd900....
  3. recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times: As described above my pc randomly just reboots and this error is posted in event viewer. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8019e31461d, 0xffff8280fa8de0e8, 0xffff8280fa8dd900....
  4. pc restarting randomly with fatal hardware errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc restarting randomly with fatal hardware errors: pc randomly force restarts.So i checked the event viewer and saw that i get this every time:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 4So i put it into the...
  5. pc restarting randomly with fatal hardware errors

pc restarting randomly with fatal hardware errors: pc randomly force restarts.So i checked the event viewer and saw that i get this every time:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 4So i put it into the...
  6. pc restarting randomly with fatal hardware errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC crashed and Event Viewer says it rebooted from a bugcheck

PC crashed and Event Viewer says it rebooted from a bugcheck: The entire message on the error is "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff890d68772460, 0xfffff8039280be00, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\071623-6968-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  8. PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu: A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 7The details view of this entry contains further information.- <Event...
  9. PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu

PC randomly rebooting event viewer saying fatal hardware error in cpu: A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC ID: 7The details view of this entry contains further information.- <Event...
  10. A fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer: Hi there We have a Macbook Pro machine the latest one and we install Windows 10 via Boot Camp. The installation is running smoothly When we are about to deploy to the user, we ran an Event Viewer and we found this following error: ------- A fatal hardware error has...