Windows 10: PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power

Discus and support PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HI there, I am having an issue with my PC randomly restarting every so often but it does not go to a blue screen, it just restarts and boots back up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ShortieLive, Jan 26, 2022.

1. PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power

HI there, I am having an issue with my PC randomly restarting every so often but it does not go to a blue screen, it just restarts and boots back up into Windows fine. When I check the event log after the random restart I get the error code 41 kernel-power. I have the system event log saved to my PC but I am unsure of where or if I can upload it to here at all. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

ShortieLive, Jan 26, 2022
  2. 95Viper Win User

New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

Your event shows nothing; it is as OneMoar stated earlier:

Or this quote from MS explains the no event info here --> Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2
    If you are absolutely sure your PSU is good... check all your connections and be sure they are secure and properly placed.
    It would probably be best to un-connect and re-connect each one.
    Even the header connectors on the MB, power to wall, UPS, surge protector, ... all power connections.
    Make sure there are no power connectors laying around getting shorted out, too.
    Turn off, if, any OCing.
    Reset the BIOS to defaults.
    Check for any over heating

Then deal with windows after your are positive there is no hardware problems.

95Viper, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 26, 2022
  4. OneMoar Win User

PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power

New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

event 41 kernel power is pretty self explanatory its power related 41 only gets triggered due to a sudden loss of power without tripping a stop code or if the system hard resets without a BSOD

OneMoar, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power

1. PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power - Similar Threads - Randomly Restarting event

2. Event 41 random restart with no error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41 random restart with no error code: I am seeing some random restart issues which are quite annoying and frustrating, especially after hours and hours of searching online and I still can't fix them :.So I am posting here to see if I can get any help.I have restarts pretty randomly - about 2-3 times per night,...
  3. Event 41 random restart with no error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 41 random restart with no error code: I am seeing some random restart issues which are quite annoying and frustrating, especially after hours and hours of searching online and I still can't fix them :.So I am posting here to see if I can get any help.I have restarts pretty randomly - about 2-3 times per night,...
  4. KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart

KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart: Hello . Ever since I changed my computer to Intel Core i9-10850K 3600MHz AIO Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT ASUS TUF Gaming z490-plus RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsV DDR4 32GB 3600MHz CL16GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Be Quiet Dark POWER PRO11 1000Watt Since last year I have had a...
  5. KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart: Hello . Ever since I changed my computer to Intel Core i9-10850K 3600MHz AIO Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT ASUS TUF Gaming z490-plus RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsV DDR4 32GB 3600MHz CL16GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Be Quiet Dark POWER PRO11 1000Watt Since last year I have had a...
  6. PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power

PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power: HI there, I am having an issue with my PC randomly restarting every so often but it does not go to a blue screen, it just restarts and boots back up into Windows fine. When I check the event log after the random restart I get the error code 41 kernel-power. I have the system...
  7. PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Randomly Restarting event log shows error code 41 kernel-power: HI there, I am having an issue with my PC randomly restarting every so often but it does not go to a blue screen, it just restarts and boots back up into Windows fine. When I check the event log after the random restart I get the error code 41 kernel-power. I have the system...
  8. Kernel Power 41 PC randomly restarts

Kernel Power 41 PC randomly restarts: My PC keeps restarting randomly, the GPU fans ramp up to 100% and no blue screen of death, just a black screen and the pc restarts, sometimes the monitor will report No Signal during the random restart process. Hi, my PC keeps either restarting randomly, it says it is...
  9. Random restarts - Kernel Power 41

Random restarts - Kernel Power 41: Hello, Since connecting a new ssd drive (samsung evo 850 - installing only games on it - the system is on the second ssd drive) and reformatting my computer from time to time resets. If at the moment of reset, for example, music plays, you hear the sound freeze.I tried to...
  10. BSOD kernel power event 41 error random

BSOD kernel power event 41 error random: Hi guys, I'm posting this thread for a friend, hes having some issues with BSOD's. The BSOD event are completely random. He's not doing anything special when hes having the errors. System is not under full load when this happens aswell. My friends computer specs are:...